It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear of "Flash Crash" with debt deadlock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This is not a prediction. On May 6th, 2010 the US equity markets fell about 900 points in a very short time and recovered quickly. This was later investigated by different govt. agencies and theories were given.

I can't help but feel that there is a "Flash Crash" button somewhere that could trigger this effect again. As the debt stalemate continues, the temptation to push the button would be growing.

If you wake up someday before July 29, and see the markets down about 1500 points, then someone may have pushed the button. This is speculative. Perhaps by talking about it, it won't happen.

edit on 14-7-2011 by yourmamaknows because: forgot smiley

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Interesting idea, and info..

Why is the number "about 1500"? Could it be bigger, or less? Say like 900 or 3000?

I'm reading as much as I can about things.. Sadly, from what I am understanding, no one but the real people who control the market seem to agree on anything..

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

The number 1500 is just something one would feel might get attention. The causes of the original flash crash were never fully explained. Some people appear to feel that Americans need to be "prodded" along like cattle.

I watch the market everyday for a short while. Right now there are more than just a few concerns for the citizens.
Fortunately for me, I believed the recent talk of a nationwide heat surge and put up a new refrig air unit. Was free, a gift!!

Sometimes I feel like putting on a bathing suit and going to the back yard and just spraying myself with the hose.
Guess I'll do that tomorrow, have to go shopping now.

new topics

join