It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Plot for Prometheus, the Alien prequel (Spoiler Alert!!!!)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Extreme Pilgrim

It didn't really look like a prequel in the trailer. The dog cage scene and the body on the table, looked like a remake with a female lead. Either way.. they need to stop messing with the classics.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by enament
The Thing would be a good movie to make an updated remake of.

The original was in black and white the most recent was in color.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Inspired by the idea of a prequel to the thing

Worried after watching the trailer that its going to rip off whole scenes and substitute generic 'action' for the characterisation/acting that allows the original to be watched again and again.

Hope I'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

and this sums up nicely the reason people should not have children

ineresting find though.... interesting plot line as well.

i wish more movies would be designed around the concept of it being ok to go beyond 2 hours. I can sit down and watch all 6 starwars movies with no problems because they draw me in. I would rather that be the case than drop 20 bucks on a movie ticket to see something that was edited for time and content.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

That rumored plot has already been confirmed as bogus.

Very little is known about the film, except that it echoes Arthur C Clarke's 2001 but in Lovecraftian cosmic horror form and that it is a prequel to Alien.

Anyone familiar with At the Mountains of Madness by H.P. Lovecraft and Alien should already know the connections. The Space Jockeys are essentially a version of the "Old Ones" or Elder Things.

Alien was about one of their creations, the implication that it destroyed its creators, and could destroy us, similar to the Shoggoths of mythos lore.

In Prometheus we will finally get to meet these demiurges and like the Monoliths of 2001, its going to be mind blowing. It won't end with a Starchild though, more like Starspawn instead.

Scott is filming right now in Iceland, he dropped hints that the Alien star gods, like the Old Ones of Lovecraft, may create earth and be responsible for all life on it.

With H.R. Giger designing the creations and worlds of these demiurges I cannot wait.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by enament

I vehemently disagree.. the Thing is perfect how it is. You would really want to see a remake with crappy actors and all the amazing, groundbreaking, never topped, special FX turned to CG?!

I actually share you're dislike for CGI FX . I enjoyed the 3 original Star Wars movies more than the three newest ones
The CGI was extremely excessive and if that wasn't enough they had to molest the three original films with CGI FX.Extremely disappointing.
I as you hope to see less of CGI FX or at least hope they improve it enough so you cant tell at all.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

That Thing film is a prequel not a sequel.

Remember the Norwegian team that originally dug it out of the ice? The movie is about them.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Ask and ye shall receive.I just hope they don't ruin it with crappy CGI FX.
Hollywood has a way of destroying the classics lets hope its not this one.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Do you like DUNE then. couple hours of entertainment
The original

edit on 7/14/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Ask and ye shall receive.I just hope they don't ruin it with crappy CGI FX.
Hollywood has a way of destroying the classics lets hope its not this one.

I hope that you are right. With the rapid advances in CGI, many films look dated in a very short space of time. I was just watching the preview of a screening of the latest King Kong film on TV, and the CGI looks very poor now. Either keep it basic or splash the cash on the best CGI on the market.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

That Thing film is a prequel not a sequel.

Remember the Norwegian team that originally dug it out of the ice? The movie is about them.

Thanks for pointing that out. I noticed my error shortly after posting.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

The Thing would be a good movie to make an updated remake of.

The original was in black and white the most recent was in color.

And I have both of them. Just hope they don't mess up the new Alien movie. The sequels after the first Alien movie were very disappointing.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

I liked them all even AVP and both things. I think its because they used real props materials instead of digital props. But yea my fav. aliens was part 2 ALIENS..

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

That rumored plot has already been confirmed as bogus.

Very little is known about the film, except that it echoes Arthur C Clarke's 2001 but in Lovecraftian cosmic horror form and that it is a prequel to Alien.

Anyone familiar with At the Mountains of Madness by H.P. Lovecraft and Alien should already know the connections. The Space Jockeys are essentially a version of the "Old Ones" or Elder Things.

Alien was about one of their creations, the implication that it destroyed its creators, and could destroy us, similar to the Shoggoths of mythos lore.

In Prometheus we will finally get to meet these demiurges and like the Monoliths of 2001, its going to be mind blowing. It won't end with a Starchild though, more like Starspawn instead.

Scott is filming right now in Iceland, he dropped hints that the Alien star gods, like the Old Ones of Lovecraft, may create earth and be responsible for all life on it.

With H.R. Giger designing the creations and worlds of these demiurges I cannot wait.

I didnt see anything to counter the OP online, but imagined that there would be a number of theorised plots by eager bloggers and their ilk prior to the films release, in much the same way as the manic posts of those who thought that Cloverfield would be the best film ever.

That said, I think that this plot and the one you have produced here are not to dissimilar.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

You might be interested in knowing they are turning that into a movie too.

At the Mountains of Madness

www.imdb.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Alien 2 was good but the first one is the one that raised the bar.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

I'm pretty sure that got sent back into development hell.

Universal balked at the projected cost of such a large scale uncompromising R horror movie and Del Toro refused to consider a PG 13 sparkly shoggoth version.

Maybe if Prometheus makes megabucks it'll come back to life.
edit on 14-7-2011 by justwokeup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

Don't think of it as an "Alien" film, the Xenomorph will only have a cameo and most likely in egg form.

Think of it more as an H.R. Giger film.

For an idea of the cosmic nightmare awaiting us check out these visions of Giger.

Warning: imagery is deeply disturbing, unsettling, and may cause 1d4 sanity loss.

Many people don't know that Giger is an occultist, tormented by horrible night terrors. His visions are the channeled horrors of his nightmares. The Xenomorph, that we know as the Alien, was infact originally a cacodaemonic entity from a piece entitled Necronom IV.

edit on 14/7/11 by MikeboydUS because: add

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

reply to post by enament

Don't think of it as an "Alien" film, the Xenomorph will only have a cameo and most likely in egg form.

Think of it more as an H.R. Giger film.

For an idea of the cosmic nightmare awaiting us check out these visions of Giger.

Warning: imagery is deeply disturbing, unsettling, and may cause 1d4 sanity loss.

Many people don't know that Giger is an occultist, tormented by horrible night terrors. His visions are the channeled horrors of his nightmares. The Xenomorph, that we know as the Alien, was infact originally a cacodaemonic entity from a piece entitled Necronom IV.

edit on 14/7/11 by MikeboydUS because: add

HR Giger is an amazing artist. No one has visions of hell like that man. He is solely responsible for causing the most vivid and terrifying nightmares I had as a child and ever did since. How does a man think up such twisted stuff? Its really quite disturbing.
edit on 14-7-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

It didn't really look like a prequel in the trailer. The dog cage scene and the body on the table, looked like a remake with a female lead. Either way.. they need to stop messing with the classics.

Nope it's a prequel. It's set in the Norwegian base. Remember it was the Norwegians who uncovered it in the first place.

Although I'm a bit upset that it has Americans in it. I thought the Norwegians were completely alone when they found the thing. Originally it was going to be a remake, then a sequel, now it's a prequel.

I hope it's puppetry and not CGI though...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join