It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cattle mutilations are probably not satanic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
first i have no idea if this was covered before, i tried a few search terms and found nothing on this so, ill cover it.
second this does no elimnate all cults as culprits of animal mutilations, all i know is it is not stanist, so we can eliminate some more explinations. here is why
the satanic ten commandments include this one right here

Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food

www.churchofsatan.com...
it says nothing about ritual purposes so therefore if a satanist were to kill and mutilate animals for their rituals that would be a direct violation of satanic teachings, so that pretty much eliminates the theory that satanic cults do this
edit on 14-7-2011 by connorromanow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

You mean, the Satanists actually have rules?

Did they "okay" this with Satan himself? Satan is going soft on us, apparently.

What ever happened to the good old days when you could count on Satan's worshipers to do horrible things? Now they are all politically correct.

The times we live in, I guess.

edit on 14-7-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

im not sure about the details about it, but yes they have 10 cammandnets and 11 rules, some of which actualy sound like good ideas(do not give advice unless asked for, make no sexual advances unless warrneted) several of them sound like horrible ideas(if people annoy you kill them cruely) so yeah they have rules now

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

Rules do seem like the work of the devil. Maybe that's why our world is filled with so many "rules" now.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

from the very little i know about this religon, satan is more a symbol for intelligance, and self knowledge and indulgance

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I've read the Satanic Bible written by Anton LaVey, and yes they have rules. They don't worship Satan as a deity, but their beliefs revolve around Satan as the symbol of independance and sin. Sin is regarded as inescapable human traits that should be embraced and moderated rather than rejected. The main reason they call themselves Satanic is to give Christianity a kick in the balls, refusing to be intimidated and guilt-tripped into following restrictive dogma.

The Satanic Bible calls out those who perform animal sacrifice as cowards and weaklings. Satanic magic requires the release of bodily fluids to power the spell and suggests that those performing the spell either cut their palm or whip out their johnson and have a wank. Therefore killing an animal in order to use their blood for the spell is pathetic in their eyes as it shows either a weakness to pain and sexual repression, and is cruel destruction of innocent life.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

thats the very reason they cannont be responsible. it could be some other cults i guess. but cult with satan is not doing it

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'll skip the long post.

There's the satanists who's "Satan" isn't much like the typical christian idea of Satan, making it not really 'devil worship. Particularly those who believe in the satanic bible. Most only follow the philosophy though, but the ones doing the rituals could steal cattle for it's life force.

There's the devil worshipers, who do worship the biblical satan. I don't know much of these beliefs, but I'm sure they vary, and most probably wouldn't object to cattle slaughter, either for fun or some other ritual.

Then there's every other belief system with utilization of magic or multiple deities, labeled as satanists by the misinformed public.

So, I guess going off one satanic groups rules doesn't apply to them all as a whole. Still, I'd imagine most are troubled teenagers(which honestly fills most of the devil worshiping slot too), messing around thinking hurting living things is cool.

"Satanists" makes much better headlines though, that's the trick.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Aren't a lot of cattle mutilations due to Aliens? You hear stories of Aliens doing all kinds of tests on wild life for what ever reasons. If Aliens exist, perhaps it is them performing these mutilations?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
As a whole animal mutilations for religious purposes are in the minority, the average Pagan will no more harm an animal as they would their own child. I use Pagan as they are often mistaken for Satanists or devil worshipers due to the rather ubiquitous use of the pentagram as a religious symbol, which has gained a rather negative connotation thanks to Hollywood when in reality a satanist tends to use the inverted pentagram with a Baphomet head superimposed over the top.

I cannot say what the real source for animal mutilation is exactly, whether it is rather perverted Aliens or bored Black program operatives playing with their new toys, I highly doubt that any religious group regardless of the deities they worship have the inclination or fetish to gut a steer through its anus while removing its tongue and brain.

good luck on finding out though.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Aren't a lot of cattle mutilations due to Aliens? You hear stories of Aliens doing all kinds of tests on wild life for what ever reasons. If Aliens exist, perhaps it is them performing these mutilations?

nah it's the chupacabra!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join