It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are you a trusted traveler?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
if so then there is good news for you
www.cnn.com... from the link

TSA takes first steps toward 'trusted travel' program
now before you pack your bags and get your ticket there are somethings you need to know from the link

Under "trusted traveler" programs, travelers voluntarily surrender more information about themselves, giving the government more assurances of who they are.
DNA test? what color under wear you wear, how is the 5th pres of the US, ok so it is not in the article but one can guess what they will ask, not just your height nor weight
When does it start?

The pilot program will begin this fall.
is this open to all? no

During the first phase of testing, certain frequent fliers and all members of Custom and Border Protection's Trusted Traveler programs, including Global Entry, SENTRI, and NEXUS who are U.S. citizens, will be eligible to participate.
what air ports and air lines?

The pilot test is based on U.S. customs programs and initially will be available only to certain participants in the customs program and a limited number of air travelers. Those include certain frequent fliers on two airlines -- American and Delta -- flying out of certain airports. Delta passengers must be flying out of Atlanta and Detroit airports, and American Airlines passengers must be flying out of Miami and Dallas airports.
well it is a start, not free from TSA just yet.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
That sounds interesting. I heard about this once before but did not give it much credit, I will certainly pay attention now.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Interesting...

I might do it... I fly out of Miami constantly on American Airlines. Fees and exactly how far they want to shove the Hubble Telescope up my butt and for what benefit remains to be seen...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Comes with free drink when boarding,Now thats how you win people over.
i wonder what other priveliges you get by signing up,First down the emergency slide, Lower wattage scanners?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Meh... I get that anyways...

Get me out of the gropefest and no waiting in lines or dealing with the idiot "terminal guards" at MIA and I'm in...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

I always take the scenic route when travelling,from the seat of a motorcycle.Takes longer than flying but the end result is the same .Cold and lonely with a sore bum
edit on 14-7-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
sounds similar to the EZ pass Americans and Canadians can buy to make the border crossing more efficient.

new topics

top topics

join