It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist group tries to sue Gov. Perry for prayer rally

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
And so now Deism parallels Atheism.

Atheism means one thing. Lack of belief in a Deity.

No where does it mean - - - one can not have a belief system - excluding a Deity.

I did not say Deism parallels Atheism.

I said: I understand Deism because it "kind of" parallels my belief.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You keep claiming your proof.

Yet - - you can't even correctly interpret a single sentence I posted.
edit on 16-7-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

And so now Deism parallels Atheism.

No where does it mean - - - one can not have a belief system - excluding a Deity.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit on 16-7-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

Apologies.

So please show me how a lack of a belief in a deity "kind of" parallels a belief in a deity.

On a different note, are you asserting that Atheism is a religion, as that is a belief system?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Reply to post by ReluctantBlossom

Seems the founding fathers disagree with you. Politics and religion go hand I'm hand. You should really do some thorough research, and not just of Jefferson's questionings of mainstream Christianity.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Somebody failed history 101.

The 1796 Treaty with Tripoli states that the United States was "not in any sense founded on the Christian religion" (see the image on the right). This was not an idle statement meant to satisfy Muslims-- they believed it and meant it. This treaty was written under the presidency of George Washington and signed under the presidency of John Adams.

Wow! I have never heard of that. I have to admit that I am wrong in this argument. Thank you for that piece of information.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Apologies.

So please show me how a lack of a belief in a deity "kind of" parallels a belief in a deity.

On a different note, are you asserting that Atheism is a religion, as that is a belief system?

NO and NO

This is off topic. I have explained my belief(s) in other threads.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion1

Originally posted by buster2010

Reply to post by ReluctantBlossom

Seems the founding fathers disagree with you. Politics and religion go hand I'm hand. You should really do some thorough research, and not just of Jefferson's questionings of mainstream Christianity.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Somebody failed history 101.

The 1796 Treaty with Tripoli states that the United States was "not in any sense founded on the Christian religion" (see the image on the right). This was not an idle statement meant to satisfy Muslims-- they believed it and meant it. This treaty was written under the presidency of George Washington and signed under the presidency of John Adams.

Wow! I have never heard of that. I have to admit that I am wrong in this argument. Thank you for that piece of information.

The treaty is stating that Christianity is not the state religion of the United States, and therefore has no problems with dealing with Muslims.

At the time, The Muslim Barbary Powers (Tunis, Morocco, Algiers, and Tripoli) were warring against what they claimed to be the "Christian" nations (England, France, Spain, Denmark, and the United States (notice . . . state religion of the first 4?).

It is right in the history books, if anyone would bother to read them instead of pulling random ideas off the internet to try and back their positions.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Apologies.

NO and NO

This is off topic. I have explained my belief(s) in other threads.

Actually, it is quite on topic, as this thread is another thread of an example of people trying to break down religion in America.

So in your other thread, you show how the lack of belief in a deity "kind of" parallels a belief in a deity?

Care to link it?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

We are done here too.

Move along.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
i dont think a lawsuit is necessary imo.

i also dont agree that a governor should be leading religious rallies. like others said, what if there was a muslim governor?

but it's texas, you shouldn't expect anything less from there.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I watched one of his ads where he claimed we need God now to help this country.

Name one other invisible friend that you would vote a man into office for requesting help for his country from.
Buddha? Barney Rubble?

Seems like a HUGE sign of weakness when a political leader's last resort is asking the invisible guy in the sky for help. Sounds like he ran out of real answers.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
My main problem with Atheism is that they gripe and moan every time God is mentioned somewhere yet remain absolutely silent about the Satanization of our entertainment (movies, music, tv, video games).

Atheism is just some moron's idea of saying he's against God without actually taking a public stance in support of Satan.

Since Atheism is a recognized faith as it is a faith without a diety and as a faith it, like Christianity and Catholicism should butt out of politics.
edit on 18-7-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

In order for Atheists to support Satan they would need to:

1) Accept the existence and goals of a being named Satan
and
2) by dint of his existence, acknowledge their actions are in support of said being.

If that is your issue with Atheists, its certainly a flimsy one. Might as well just say " I don't like them because they don't believe in the thing I believe in."

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Atheism is just some moron's idea of saying he's against God without actually taking a public stance in support of Satan.

You can't be against something you don't believe in.

Atheism is not about any belief. It is lack of belief in a deity.

Geeze - - I should have that on auto-post/re-post.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Are you seriously saying that atheists secretly believe in God and that nobody really doesn't believe in religion at all?

Most "Satanism" out there is more like a Halloween celebration for Atheists. Anton LaVey, the guy who founded the Church of Satan, was nothing more than a glorified atheist. A lot of the Satanic philosophies are pretty common sense and easy for practically anyone to agree with. So of course atheists aren't going to have a problem with "Satanic" media. Its all a joke.
edit on 7/18/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Are atheists against talking about God in a classroom structure in public schools?

If they are then how can they be against something they don't believe in?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming

Are atheists against talking about God in a classroom structure in public schools?

They are for separation of church and state.

As those who support the constitution are.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Maybe they are doing it to save the country? Because evidence suggests that it rather pisses him off.
This is what happened after Oklahoma governor Mary Fallin asked her citizens to pray for rain this weekend:

bangordailynews.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

We are done here too.

Move along.

So much for denying ignorance.

Have fun in your pretend world. But don't try and inject your imaginations as fact next time.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

Because Atheism kind of parallels deism.

Derr.

Common sense here.

The lack of belief in a deity kind of parallels the belief in a deity.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Becoming

Because Atheism kind of parallels deism.

Derr.

Common sense here.

The lack of belief in a deity kind of parallels the belief in a deity.

REPOST:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming

Really depends on where "God" is in the classroom.

No gods have a place in a public classroom, unless it is a class on world cultures and the history of mythology/theology.

edit on 7-18-2011 by WolfofWar because: cleanup

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join