It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Entertainment Industry Controlled In Order To "Train" Us ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
this is a thought that keeps crossing my mind the last couple years. with the seemingly massive rise in violence and post apoplectic theams, that appear in most of our entertainment, is this being done to condition us for the "world of tomorrow"?

we have always had violence in our entertainment but i seem to see a major shift towards the real nasty stuff, even in children's books. when i was young, kids books were like Bruno and Boots (school fun), Hardy Boys (detective), and other simple stories and basically entertaining, nothing really hard core. now we see harry potter (a hidden fight for freedom, against evil), Percy Jackson (hidden fight against evil), the Hunger Games series (taking place in a post nuke war era, where BOTH sides are bad) ect. these are books for young children? they want to use Harry Potter in schools now, i would say good chances they will try with both these other series as well.
used to be didn't see stuff like that until in high school, not grade 3 or 4, even then the stories didn't have the powerful punch that these, written for a younger age do.

then we have tv. parent groups were always out after cartoon series over violence. they were slapstick comedy, violent yes but basically benign. now we see a mouse that is bent on taking over the world, mostly stopped due to the incompitance of his assistant. where once lower watched vampire series like forever night were around if not very popular we now have many shows, that are very popular all over the place. can hardly find a channel that doesn't run some vampire or occultic popular tv shows. not to mention how much more in depth about mythical beasts and the occult they seem to be. we even had Jericho that took place after a supposed nuke terror attack (of course perpetrated by some within the government). look how hard they tried to get THAT series off the air made the government look bad i guess especially with all the 9-11 was an inside job stuff going around.
we had shows like startrek , a rather peaceful set of aliens, in comparison with newer shows like the star gate series.

even video games are getting stronger within story lines. we have the grand theft auto games, which teach how to commit crimes. also way more games dealing with takeovers, disease causing things like zombisim, and more realistic first person shooters to teach how to be good at war. again much more in depth about things then used to be. much more gore in them as well (monster bits everywhere
). games used to be violent but not near the scale of violence they are today.

it used to be people were complaining about things like this desensitizing youth towards violence, (they still do). but from where i sit it looks like we are being trained to deal with this stuff. trained to go against our leaders (not a bad idea
from the looks of things today). it also seems to be not just desensitizing us towards violence, but also desensitizing us to things like so called monsters, aliens and bad governments, as well as seemingly training us in how to deal with them as well.

this seems to be more and more at the forefront then it used to be, kinda like "small steps" leading forward to even heavyer stuff. it just seems that it's all more in your face, and becoming more commonplace then used to be. too much coincidence for me. what are other people thoughts about it??

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
not so much a conspiracy as that most of the people in the entertainment business are liberal idiots that use their media to promote their views (liberals good, conservatives bad, Christians stupid). Most of the management people are college-educated liberals that hire persons of like mind (or persons willing to join the like minded).
the apocalyptic stuff is more complicated. I think, just as saucers and monsters in the 50s represented the cold war, apocalyptic stuff represents the terror threat.
also, there's a fatigue factor; when you've seen a movie with a tornado you're going to need two or three tornadoes from now on, to be impressed. movies are progressively adding to the disaster factor to keep a wow factor. after 2012 destroyed the world, what else you got?
edit on 14-7-2011 by works4dhs because: clarify

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Apocalyptic Entertainment has been available for decades, now it has gone mainstream.

We will probably soon all be stuffed of it and it will go down, and a new tendancy will emerge... Angels, Sport Heroes, Nazisexploitation, whatever...

That's just the frame. I would focus on the message, in what and how characters do what they do.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Matter of fact this was a subject of conversation at dinner with the family just the other night.

I watch No TV, and the others in my family watch very, very little TV, however we are huge Movie fans.

We had just watched the movie “Battle: Los Angeles” .(side note action packed start to finish). The thought each of us had was : Was this a de-sensitizing effort. Why this story, why now. The date this movie takes place is on August 29, 2011, very strange, usually in science fiction the date the story occurs in, is normally several years if not decades in the future.

We know that our society is ruled and controlled by fear and when the Terrorist lie no longer works or that TPTB moves us to the next phase it will become aliens. Remember Ronald Regan’s speech to the UN. Uniting as a World from a threat from outside of this World.

We see in this week headlines that the Hill-a-beast (Hillary) is wanting to open dialog with the Muslim Brotherhood. This is a real Terrorist Group, unlike Al-CIA-da which is just BS. Are TPTB move into a new phase of control, is the Terrorist boogieman becoming a thing of the past. Remember we just got finished killing Bin-Laden(again) just a couple of months back. So are we moving into the new phase that the fear we must be controlled with will be aliens ?

To get back to the OP, Yes TV , movies, video games are influenced by TPTB to steer the society in the direction of servitude.

top topics

join