It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US bigger peace threat than Iran: Poll

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Since the US is dropping bombs and KILLING PEOPLE by the thousands in six countries as I write this, and Iran is bombing and killing.....................................................

NOBODY, I don't see why anyone is surprised.

I don't need a link to know what's going on around me.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
where is the link to this survey?
Shouldn't that have been included in the presstv article?

Don't try to derail this thread with a legitimate question.
The OP has already provided a 5 year old survey to support this latest story...

According to the survey:

* Worldwide support for the "war on terror" has remained the same or declined
* European confidence in Mr Bush has sunk even lower than it was last year
* A majority of people in most countries feel the US will not achieve its goals in the "war on terror"

See?

Bush is losing support!

It goes on to point out how much Iran is trusted...

According to the survey, people in the US and Europe have grown increasingly concerned in the last year over Iran's nuclear programme....

In Germany, Spain, France and the UK, the percentage of people who regard Iran as a great danger is roughly three times greater than it was three years ago...

PWNED!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: ANY OP that starts out with a link to PRESS-TV should be sent straight to the Hoax bin.

That being said, I agree that the US is meddling where it doesn't belong. Wanna stop it? Vote for Ron Paul!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Don't think iran is or will be a threat to world peace?

Then read this new book - "One Second After" by William R. Forstchen. A novel about how a rogue state - such as iran or north korea - sends the U.S. back to living in the 1800's with just 3 nuclear weapons detonated above the atmosphere over the U.S. to generate an EMP attack.

No radiation. No blast. But EVERYTHING with a chip in it quits working and stays that way.

Amazon link with "look inside"

Think that can't happen? Why not?

edit on 7/14/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by confreak

I wonder how many Iranians they has to find in Germany to get the numbers?

ETA; a nod to TDawgRex for beating me to it.
edit on 14-7-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Okay let me think about this...

on the one hand Iran missiles can now hit targets at 2,000 km range...
but the US is right in the middle of the next season of Americas got talent...

so which is the bigger threat???
AGT or long range missiles.... that's a real head scratcher...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Well seeing as Iran has not declared war on another country in over 300 years and America seems to have been in a permanent state of war for the last 50 years, then it's hardly surprising.

What was the Iran-Iraq "war", then? A "police action" instead, or a boy scout camping trip?

Taking embassy staff hostage.... now THERE'S a peace-lovin' act for ya!

Seriously, maybe you and the Iranians should just sit around and poke flowers into each other's hair...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
With apologies to John Phillips

Sung to the tune of "San Francisco"

If you're going to I..I..ran
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you're going to I..I..ran
You're gonna meet some interesting people there

For those who come to I..I..ran
Every day will be a protest there
In the streets of I..I..ran
Interesting people with firearms that they will bear

All across the nation such a strange vibration
People are shouting
There's a whole generation with a new explanation
People are hating, people in spouting

For those who come to I..I..ran
In the streets of I..I..ran
Interesting people with firearms that they will bear

If you come to I…I..ran

Obviously, I don't make a living doing this.

edit on 14-7-2011 by TDawgRex because: Need.....more....beer

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Maybe change I-I-ran to Teh-heh-ran, but otherwise, I'd copyright it if I were you, before it hits the Top 40 under someone else's name!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Iran is too weak so they resort to proxy forces. Thats why they haven't gone to total war with anybody. They know that. Right now they are attacking in Kurdistan with planes and helos and artillery that tells me that they are warmongers.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Sounds a lot like Iraq, don't it? I have been amongst the Kurds, and while I don't agree with everything they do, they are the most civilized of the bunch I have run across. So far.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by TDawgRex

Maybe change I-I-ran to Teh-heh-ran, but otherwise, I'd copyright it if I were you, before it hits the Top 40 under someone else's name!

Heck, it's alraedy a copyright violation, but I like your thinking.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Well seeing as Iran has not declared war on another country in over 300 years and America seems to have been in a permanent state of war for the last 50 years, then it's hardly surprising.

What was the Iran-Iraq "war", then? A "police action" instead, or a boy scout camping trip?

Taking embassy staff hostage.... now THERE'S a peace-lovin' act for ya!

Seriously, maybe you and the Iranians should just sit around and poke flowers into each other's hair...

Look into the Iran-Iraq "war" you will see Iraq attacked Iran. So what war has Iran started again?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

What about the Iran/ Iraq war?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

When are people going to learn that Presstv is the offical government news source of Iran? Their objectivity when reporting on the US runs about the same as having the SS investigate Auschwitz.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Well this is global peace. I wonder if they understood what that meant. This country has been at war on and off for over 200 years. But we never directly caused a world war, nor a disruption to world peace. The only colonies we ever took are, today, prominent nations with thriving economies, where as mostly all colonies from Europe are stuck in endless civil unrest and decay. Every nation we've been at war with or intervened in in any serious matter mostly benefited from the action, where as the result of European intervention has totaled in millions of deaths. I'd say that for all our flaws, war hunger, and failures, we still have a better track record in terms of global benefit than any other country on Earth, perhaps only outdone by Rome if looked at in terms of relativity. Even today, with a dying economy, a corrupt government, and our liberties fleeing away like lightning bugs to the flame, we are still doing more good than bad.

The honest truth is, global peace isn't and shouldn't be a goal. Global benefit should be. The misconception that peace = improvement is a horrible one indeed.

I'd recommend you see the movie equilibrium.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

You know, you can repair an EMP attack with a few simple fixes. It could probably be done in a few months. That's why you can still us a hard drive head even when the disk is fried.

Also the nuclear response from pre-chip missiles would obliterate the nation in question, leading to unanimous victory.

Sure maybe the homeland is in the 1800s for a few months, but there's over 100,000 troops fully armed and fully supplied with the most advanced technology in the world in bases in Europe, Iraq, Korea, Japan, etc etc.
edit on 14-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Well seeing as Iran has not declared war on another country in over 300 years

Not quite true - Ottoman-Persian war 1821-23 - the Persians declared war

And of course they've been perfectly happy fighting major campaigns without a declaration of war too when it suited them - eg Russo-Perisan war 1826-1828

Not sure whether they declared war in their various attempts to conquer Herat (currently in Afghanistan) or not - but the last time they tried (1856-57) they seem to have upset the Brits at a time when the later weer still a formidable power in the region!

And they weer happy enough to help overthrough the Soviet separatist national states in the northern regions of Azerbaijan and Iranian Kurdistan, the Azerbaijan People's Government and the Republic of Kurdistan respectively, in 1946 after the Soviets finally withdrew.

And in 1971 it seized 3 islands in the Persian gulf by force from Sharjah - an action the Itranian Republic has only strengthened since - refusing all attempts to mediate and expelling all "foreigners" from teh islands.

Since the revolution the main wars of Iran have been agaisnt Iraq, and of course it's own people - of which 10's of thousands have been killed.

So while it's violence has been relatively local, it has not been a nice peaceful neighbour by any means!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

the same poll could be done in Africa or South America, and from all the people i've met, you would get the same result.

the cold war ended 20 years ago, yet the US still occupies Guantanamo.
is there a sane person on this planet who believes that Cuba is a threat to the USA.

our utterly corrupt financial system is the greatest national enemy.
soon the rest of the world will have to take care of themselves.

like the English, French, Soviet Empires, some troops will have to come home, the mathematics of finance are cruel.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It's neither interesting, alternative or breaking news - America has been considered the biggest threat to world peace for as far back as I can remember.

In fairness, I suppose it's surprising that the Germans have finally woken up and smelled the coffee, as they've always had a tendency to kiss America's ass.

Iran is backwards, sure, but it's also one of the most peaceful countries on planet Earth. What's surprising is how many idiots in Europe actually believe the anti-Iranian rhetoric.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Also, concerning the countries listed, they all have a growing musilm population. I wonder how many of those who responded were of the islamic faith.

Absolute bollocks. Muslims make up a very tiny fraction of Europe. This has nothing to do with religion. If anything it's testament to just how insane America is, that white Christian Europeans view white Christian America as a bigger threat than Brown Muslim Iran, or Iraq, or Afghanistan.

Take out the people who have an IQ under 100 and 99% of Europe views America as being the biggest threat in the world.
edit on 15-7-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join