It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US bigger peace threat than Iran: Poll

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

US bigger peace threat than Iran: Poll

www.presstv.ir

A recent survey conducted in Germany has revealed that the people of the European country perceive the United States as a more serious threat to global peace than Iran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This is interesting,I would like to compare this to a previous Survey which was published in 2006.

The 2006 survey suggested that the Muslim obviously saw US as a bigger threat than Iran. But Europe saw Iran as a bigger threat. This poll shows that Germans don't believe that Iran is a threat any more, I guess all the propaganda had to eventually fade out, just an opinion.

Here's the previous survey published in BBC:

Almost half of the Americans surveyed, 46%, viewed the current government in Iran as a "great danger" to stability in the Middle East and to world peace - a figure that has risen from 26% in 2003.

In Germany, Spain, France and the UK, the percentage of people who regard Iran as a great danger is roughly three times greater than it was three years ago.

However, the poll showed public opinion in predominantly Muslim countries was far less troubled by Tehran's nuclear programme.

(source - news.bbc.co.uk...)

First we saw the Muslim population get closer to Iran, now it seems this feeling is moving towards Europe.

This is very interesting, while US acts as a protector of Europe, it seems Europeans are seeing US as a threat.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
smh as the stripping of an empire is in progress. The same ole game in 2011- THE SHIFTING OF POWERS

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The result of the poll shouldn't surprise anybody, and is not even controversial. The US is perceived around the world as a highly militarised society with the inclination to use military force aggressively either after token efforts at diplomacy, or on refutable pretences (WMDs, anyone?). However, it is not the sole threat to global stability. And I have always had, and still have a lot of faith in the American people, a people who in my mind are still largely on the side of good.

The problem, of course, isn't 'the US'; rather, it is the greed and power-addiction of those who control the government. But that is unfortunately the same whichever country we're talking about.
edit on 14-7-2011 by Maskirovka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
where is the link to this survey?
Shouldn't that have been included in the presstv article?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

imagine that,

lol, who woulda thunk in a million years!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

As if we really need to look at the survey MA.
We all know that america IS the biggest threat to world peace.
So we really dont need to see that poll now do we MA??????????????????????.

edit on 14-7-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Maskirovka

tell ya what, get on the military bandwagon, guys.

kick up the home defense a notch, spend some serious money and then confront the US.

at least be able to give us a fair fight.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Meh...polls can be skewed.

Flipping it on the other side tells me that the US sees the world as a threat to it.

Peace through superior firepower!

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Well seeing as Iran has not declared war on another country in over 300 years and America seems to have been in a permanent state of war for the last 50 years, then it's hardly surprising.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Also, concerning the countries listed, they all have a growing musilm population. I wonder how many of those who responded were of the islamic faith.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I don't know why you act surprised.
US is the one that invades countries around the world.
US is the one that tests new weapons in other countries.
Just look at map with US military presence: MAP
( Even few countries are missing from that map. So keep in mind that number is even bigger)
Here is a bit older map: MAP 2

You could say that some countries joined NATO so its normal for US to have military there but you should know that many countries were forced to join NATO. For example in my country our politicians refused to have referendum about joining NATO because they knew people were against NATO.

I would say that European people like American people but they just can't get along with American politics. Its also important to say that US is not only one responsible, many European countries are ruled by same secret government like US but US likes to put itself at spotlight.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Not surprised all our country is about is WAR.

Such is life in the USA.

edit on 7/14/2011 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dario86

It is surprising, for a country that deems itself as righteous, and the protector of "this and that", is recognized as a threat towards peace.

So you shouldn't be surprised that I act surprised

edit on 14-7-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Editing

edit on 14-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
As if we really need to look at the survey MA.
We all know that america IS the biggest threat to world peace.
So we really dont need to see that poll now do we MA??????????????????????.

Listen i'm one of the most active members against imperialism here
I believe in non-interventionism

But yes you do need facts if you want to portray something as fact
Otherwise you are just going to alienate your opposition

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Don't try to derail this thread with a legitimate question.
The OP has already provided a 5 year old survey to support this latest story...

According to the survey:

* Worldwide support for the "war on terror" has remained the same or declined
* European confidence in Mr Bush has sunk even lower than it was last year
* A majority of people in most countries feel the US will not achieve its goals in the "war on terror"

See?

Bush is losing support!

It goes on to point out how much Iran is trusted...

According to the survey, people in the US and Europe have grown increasingly concerned in the last year over Iran's nuclear programme....

In Germany, Spain, France and the UK, the percentage of people who regard Iran as a great danger is roughly three times greater than it was three years ago...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Well seeing as Iran has not declared war on another country in over 300 years and America seems to have been in a permanent state of war for the last 50 years, then it's hardly surprising.

Given that Iran has been a puppet/client of Western powers for most of that time you quote it is hardly surprising that they have not declared war on anyone...

Eg. the "South Persia Rifles" or Polis-e jonub-e Irān was raised in 1916 and fought under British direction and command until 1921.

But your second point still holds water..

edit on 14/7/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
What I would like to see, before taking the Poll Seriously. The number of people asked, populations of each Country in the EU asked and Not the percentage, since it does not give the exact numbers questions or surveyed. Which company was it, which carried out the poll, to see if there are sinister motives.

As previously stated, those who carry out these polls surveys, try and convey the population have been asked, when looking the polls only 1% has been questioned. This in my opinion does not give the overall views or opinions of populations of each EU country.
edit on 14-7-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The US is obviously a conquesting nation. If it cant destroy and conquer via economy, it goes in with the military.

Corrupt to its governing core.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join