It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Sun! A dark unknown material emission from the sun.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
"Dark Fireworks on the Sun" says NASA researchers.

"We'd never seen anything like it," says Alex Young, a solar physicist at the Goddard Space Flight Center. "Half of the sun appeared to be blowing itself to bits."

science.nasa.gov...

On June 7, 2011, Earth-orbiting satellites detected a flash of X-rays coming from the western edge of the solar disk. Registering only "M" (for medium) on the Richter scale of solar flares, the blast at first appeared to be a run-of-the-mill eruption--that is, until researchers looked at the movies.

"IN terms of raw power, this really was just a medium-sized eruption," says Young, "but it had a uniquely dramatic appearance caused by all the inky-dark material. We don't usually see that."

Hmmm....

More we "dig", minus we learn.....

Revelation, 6:12
I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red,

PLEASE watch the impressive SDO video about this solar event.
edit on 14-7-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

This just goes to show how little we truly know about the universe, even though we think we understand something totally unexpected happens and blows everything out of the window!

That video is impressive regardless of its implications...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
What worries me most about this, is the comment... The sun appears to be blowing itself to bits..

What exactly does that mean??

S&F for you arken, nice find...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theoretician
reply to post by Arken

This just goes to show how little we truly know about the universe, even though we think we understand something totally unexpected happens and blows everything out of the window!

That video is impressive regardless of its implications...

It is well known, that in science.. When they answer one question it usually opens up a whole load more questions to be answered..

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Plague #4 is not too far into the future, folks! Strange events like this, all the solar flares, etc., are all signs of that.

Revelation 16:8-9 (KJV)
8And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
9And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
What worries me most about this, is the comment... The sun appears to be blowing itself to bits..

What exactly does that mean??

S&F for you arken, nice find...

Same impression and same worries!

Discovery, after discovery, seems that we are very, but very far away from a minimal comprehension of the celestial mechanics of the sun.....

Maybe we are on the wrong pages of a wrong book!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Same impression and same worries!

Discovery, after discovery, seems that we are very, but very far away from a minimal comprehension of the celestial mechanics of the sun.....

Maybe we are on the wrong pages of a wrong book!

Let's just hope were not on the last chapter...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Fascinating article. The sun seems to be displaying some strange phenomena these days. But note the spokesperson is talking about 'black' X-rays, not light that is black in the visible wavelengths, to human eyes. These Biblical prophecies do not fit the observations.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

As remarkable as the June 7th eruption seems to be, Young says it might not be so rare. "In fact," he says, "it might be downright common."
It might happen to be common? Yeah...when it starts happening all the time.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Now that SDO is providing new imagery we are likely to see a lot of things that have been going on all along. Things that we've never seen before. New eyes to see with. New things to see. New things to learn.

edit on 7/14/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I do have to say that the OP and thread title is rather misleading. The material is not "unknown".

"The blast was triggered by an unstable magnetic filament near the sun's surface," he explains. "That filament was loaded down with cool plasma, which exploded in a spray of dark blobs and streamers."

science.nasa.gov...

The "dark unknown material" was plasma at a cooler temperature than other portions of the CME.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
When will you kooks knock it off with your idiotic prophecies?

How do they have anything to do with something that's scientific in nature?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red

Way to ruin an interesting article with religious dogma crap.

If I want a slanted editorial, I'll go read fox news.

edit on 14/7/11 by Chadwickus because:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Arken

I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red

You gotta respect the fact I have not opened the sixth seal.

I have not opened any seals.

I am am dissapointed in you. Arken. I thought better of you... I believed in you yet you do not believe in me

Enough

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
WOOOOOOOOOOOW

i've seen all the videos..impressive stuff..that seems to be a lot of material blown off

only Flag though...the bible quote at the end was IMO not appropriate

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I thought about that as well.. However, his comments at the bottom of the OP has him saying -

We dont usually see this.

That tells me NASA has seen something like that before.
edit on 14-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
from the reaction of the emitted stuff when in contact with the surface of the sun...it seems to me it was much cooler than the surface

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Arken

Think for yourself, Your Majesty King Chadwikus, and for all the office.

Sooner or later Your very very excessive
self-esteem
will put you on the wrong road

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Now that SDO is providing new imagery we are likely to see a lot of things that have been going on all along. Things that we've never seen before. New eyes to see with. New things to see. New things to learn.
So you mean to tell me we would have missed some of the largest coronal mass ejections were is not for this new imagery? I find it hard to believe we would have missed these events which light up the solar system. I was under the impression we have been monitoring large CME's for decades. What I'm getting at: the Sun is reaching a climatic phase in it's cycle, and large CME's are clearly starting to become more common, but that doesn't mean they were always common. There is a change happening, it isn't due to our negligent monitoring efforts. It seems rather stupid to me that a scientists would claim "oh, we never noticed all this activity before, we mustn't have been looking properly all this time." Pure crap.

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It's within the right of the OP to compare news items to things biblical. Such is the nature of ATS. Just because your beliefs don't mesh with his, doesn't give anyone the right to attack him for it. Until someone can prove or disprove the existence of the Christian (or any other religion's god), there will be posts like this. If you don't like it, make note of the posters usernames that offend you with their dogma, and don't read those posts. Personal attacks because of a poster's beliefs make the attackers look childish and immature.

perhaps the attackers could have responded with "while I have my own beliefs, I wont debate your Revelations reference, however I will discuss the article in question."

This forum has gone completely to hell in the last few years.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join