It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Tainted Food Supply

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I just got through watching Food Inc. originally aired on PBS. I already knew most of it but the movie just really moved me to action. Our food supply is so bad and it is literally killing us and making us sick,. If you haven't watched the movie please for your own sakes and all of our sakes watch it and start changing what you buy and what you eat as much as possible.

Want to take Monsanto down? Stop using Soy products of any kind! Those bastards are suing farmers for thier gmo seed cross pollinating in non gmo fields. They are systematically using the legal system to put independent farmers out of business. I am surprised that someone hasn't tried to burn them to the ground yet. Soy is not good for you anyway contrary to popular belief and you sure as hell don't want Monsanto Engineered Frankenstein Soy beans which is what about 90% of all soy beans are now. These soy beans are round up resistant so the farmers can douse them with round up and it will kill the weeds but not the soy beans. So of you eat a lot of soy products you are getting a good dose of round up every time you eat the product. These bastards are even suing people for talking bad about thier poison products.

Start shopping farmers markets. Start a co-op to get organic foods and create demand, read labels. Wal-mart stopped using Hormone laced milk because of consumer demand. They will sell what ever we buy so if we stop buying the crap they will stop selling it. If we demand organic and chemical and hormone free food they will provide it. Grow a garden or get your neighbors together for a community garden. Look into aquaponics it's easy and anyone can do it in a small space. www.abovetopsecret.com...

After watching the movie I will never buy a chicken again from the supermarket. And I am going to start buying my beef yearly from a local farmer who grass feeds them...

You can watch the movie on youtube or rent it, or get it on torrent. it is worth your time and we need to make a change badly in this area. I have been making copies and handing them out.

Watch on youtube: www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-7-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Its tainted with vitamins to control us becuase they know what is better. Let them do there job and stay away and there will be peace.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
How do you explain life expectancy's going up at a steady rate then?

Seems like people wouldn't be living as long if the food was that bad.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Life expectancy has gone up because of sanitation knowledge in the masses not because the food is better.. . Do you think chemical, hormone, and pesticide laden food are better for you then organic? Do you think animals living in thier own feces up to there ankles are more healthy then range fed animals? Do you think chickens living in thier own feces packed in so tight and fed a hormone laden diet the fattens them up in less then a month to the point they can barely walk is healthier then range fed chickens? etc. etc. etc.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Life expectancy has gone up because of sanitation knowledge in the masses not because the food is better.. . Do you think chemical, hormone, and pesticide laden food are better for you then organic? Do you think animals living in thier own feces up to there ankles are more healthy then range fed animals? Do you think chickens living in thier own feces packed in so tight and fed a hormone laden diet the fattens them up in less then a month to the point they can barely walk is healthier then range fed chickens? etc. etc. etc.

Well obviously organic is better but I don't think this topic is really an issue since people are living longer. Are we going to live to be 200 if we only eat organic food?

No odds are we will still have the same life expectancy.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Well obviously organic is better but I don't think this topic is really an issue since people are living longer. Are we going to live to be 200 if we only eat organic food? No odds are we will still have the same life expectancy.

So your reasoning is that we should not worry about the tainted food because organic might not increase our life expectancy? It makes no sense. Quality of life is more important then length. There are plenty of people in old folks homes and hospices etc. who have no quality of life. and many of the ailments are due to tainted food. Diabetes is rampant now days thanks to corn syrup and other crap. E-Coli is on the rise do to what they feed the cows and it gets in the meat and even in the veggies that are fertilized with the cow dung.

I don't want to live longer if I can't wipe my own drool off. I want quality of life however long I live. Also there are some peoples like In Japan, and China, Tibet etc,. that eat organic and live much longer then the average.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
We are living longer because our medicinal knowledge is increasing everyday thanks to animal testing and mistakes along the way!

The food that is distributed out of chain stores and supermarkets is generally bad! They add preservatives and a whole lot more chemicals to make the food taste better and stay "Fresh" for longer...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
So your saying that most people who live to old age are drooling idiots because of tainted food?

If you were to show me some proof of that then i will change my view in an instant.

Here is a link of life expectancy's:

en.wikipedia.org...

Now you can make of this what you will but places like Japan has a life expectancy not much higher than ours and you will notice many poor countries who probably produce alot of their own food have far lower life expectancy's.

What this tells me is that there are many many other factors involved other than just tainted food. And like I said earlier, unless you have proof that tainted food is affecting quality of life for most people of old age than I'm thinking this thread has been kinda debunked.

sorry

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I just saw on the news in Oz that Greenpeace took matters into their own hands last night. Sorry if its already been posted.

Greenpeace attacks Canberra GM wheat it says is for secret human trials, links Monsanto

GREENPEACE activists have attacked a genetically modified wheat crop being grown at a CSIRO experimental station in Canberra.
The group claims the trial crop is part of a secret experiment which will involve human feeding trials later this year.

Greenpeace said two of its members used whipper snippers to remove the wheat from a CSIRO site at Ginninderra in Canberra's north.

The attack came after CSIRO denied a Freedom of Information request for more information about the trials.

Greenpeace has called for the organisation to reveal what financial arrangements it has with GM companies such as the US-based multinational Monsanto.

Link to news story

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I dont even find the biggest problem is tainted food, its easy food,

mass produced low grade food, the amount of people (including my amediate friends) that so unwilling to cook food from scratch or spend half an hour/hour preparing food sickens me....

i enjoy cooking quite alot so im maybe not the best example here but its easy, and i find it cheaper too, and i get to control and have better grade food in my food.

Soy is garbage anyway, my other half is vegetarian and she wont even eat soy ar tofu mainly because they are rancid...

so yeah... GM food is nasty, but the food problem in the western world is convinient food that is bad!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

So your saying that most people who live to old age are drooling idiots because of tainted food?

If you were to show me some proof of that then i will change my view in an instant.

Here is a link of life expectancy's:

en.wikipedia.org...

Now you can make of this what you will but places like Japan has a life expectancy not much higher than ours and you will notice many poor countries who probably produce alot of their own food have far lower life expectancy's.

What this tells me is that there are many many other factors involved other than just tainted food. And like I said earlier, unless you have proof that tainted food is affecting quality of life for most people of old age than I'm thinking this thread has been kinda debunked.

sorry

Debunked my ass.
You haven't even watched the video and have no clue what you are talking about. Elderly folks are the largest market for pharmaceuticals in the world FOR ALL THEIR AILMENTS. Try finding someone over 60 who isn't taking multiple medications. You won't find many if any. Diabetes used to be a older adult disease now it effects children and is epidemic proportions in the entire population.

3rd world countries that have lower life expectancies do not have the sanitation we have and many don't even have running water in thier homes which is essential to sanitation. And a majority of them don't even know how to farm so no they are not eating organic in fact they are eating some of the most tainted food using pesticide and all sorts of crap. AS their farmers don't care or don't know the harm they are causing and will do anything to make a buck to survive in those crap holes.

Also I wasn't speaking of Japan or India's overall populations but certain groups of people within certain populations. Why don't you do a little research instead of speaking in ignorance and proclaiming specious victory with your rhetoric. Using life expectancy as your soul criteria is ridiculous, even if we lived to be 150 on average if our food is making us sick and causing disease lowering quality of life causing unnecessary death etc. and fuelling big pharmas profits we need to make a change. If we do nothing the multi national corporations will continue to increase thier control on what we eat and what is considered healthy. Trying to frame this in terms of life expectancy is a false argument and only a minor consideration in terms of food purity.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I haven't seen any evidence that tainted food leads to a lower quality of life at all. There are many people in old age who don't drool all over themselves and do quite well except for the effects of old age itself.

If you leave a reasonably healthy lifestyle your whole life and don't get the random cancer or whatever your elderly years should be just fine no matter how much of this tainted food you eat. Smoking and drinking is far far worse than anything you eat.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Here are some facts for you to apply to your theory of tainted food but you may not like them.

www.cdc.gov...

Now notice something here.

•Percent of noninstitutionalized persons age 65 and over in fair or poor health: 24% (2009)

Less than a quarter of the American population is only in fair or poor health. How do you attribute your tainted food problem to such a low number of people being in poor health. Mind you that these people also have other medical conditions that may lead to their problems

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Here are some facts for you to apply to your theory of tainted food but you may not like them.

www.cdc.gov...

Now notice something here.

•Percent of noninstitutionalized persons age 65 and over in fair or poor health: 24% (2009)

Less than a quarter of the American population is only in fair or poor health. How do you attribute your tainted food problem to such a low number of people being in poor health. Mind you that these people also have other medical conditions that may lead to their problems

Oh please the CDC has no credibility. These are the same idiots who tried to foist swine flu vaccines on us among other harmful stuff they have done. They are the enemy promoting all this unhealthy drugs chemical and control over people etc., Not being institutionalized does not mean everything is hunky dori in peoples lives. Their definition of good health is if you can you afford more prescriptions your good to go... Sigh!

Listen of you want to eat sh!t by all means continue to do so but don't tell us not to make a change...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
You are free to eat whatever you want and i'm not saying that your wrong about food being tainted or that it's not healthy for you.

This is just common sense. The only part i'm debating is the long term effects it may cause and so far the numbers do not support the fact that it is a major factor in health deterioration during the later stages of life.

A very good book to read on this subject is "The Jungle" by Sinclair which goes into detail about the meat packing plants in Chigago at the turn of the century.

Talk about tainted food, more of our soldiers died from eating canned meat products than from actual war, so yes i'm aware there are dangers involved.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Although this may seem off topic,. lets keep in mind the potential for Dairy, beef, all vegetables, and fruits
that are on the west coast to be "tainted" with radiation.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Although this may seem off topic,. lets keep in mind the potential for Dairy, beef, all vegetables, and fruits
that are on the west coast to be "tainted" with radiation.

Good point and a lot of food come out of california. Or at least it used to. I know they are killing farms out there too with water environmental BS etc.

join