It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding that the woman who grew an ugly garden in her yard is wrong.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

No, I'm just drunk

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
more people are pissed that I used the term white trash than it being none sense news, I apologize to all the folks what who just got the real internet cause of 4g and all (4g doesn't mean the real standard of 4g by the way.) Im sick of commie scum thinkting they can grow gardens any where I have to see them,

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Inquisitive1

You got 10$? If so, you got a house in Detroit.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I have misdemeanors on me I refuse to pay, a township by my city claims I ran a red light, I haven't been threaten with jail yet, If they do will the UK report on my boring life?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Point is it's a white trash front yard, and ya'll what to act like it's more than get rid of your crappy front yard. If you approve of this you aprove of above ground pools in front yards.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
This woman is doing a good thing! I don't understand why growing healthy natural food instead of grass is a bad act and is not tolerated. Her neighbors should take her lead and plant their own gardens for healthy food.

Mahree

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spiderbadarse

Originally posted by spiderbadarse
more people are pissed that I used the term white trash than it being none sense news, I apologize to all the folks what who just got the real internet cause of 4g and all (4g doesn't mean the real standard of 4g by the way.) Im sick of commie scum thinkting they can grow gardens any where I have to see them,

Ok...your racist and anti garden?
Where do you think food comes from other than gardens??....I'm surrounded by them....its called the countryside!!
I find you a very disturbed person and would not want to be living anywhere near you!....and i'm sure the lady in question wouldn't either!

Oh yer...I think its news in the UK because its a complete joke!!!....This would never happen here unless there is a covenant on the property!.....I grow my own in my front and back gardens and I'd like YOU or anyone else to come and tell me I'm wrong!!!
edit on 14-7-2011 by zerozero00 because: add quote

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

like one commenter pointed out, this is supposed to be the land of the free,
pursuit of happiness?

it makes her happy to grow some vegetables in her front yard and the courts threaten her with at worst 90 days in jail for it

look at the pictures in the article, that isnt white trash, its nothing but an empty yard with planter boxs growing veges, i see no trash at all, OP, you claimed there was trash,

the city's defense is that "its not suitable" to grow veges in the front simply because "its not common", what a slap in the face to individuality, screw liberty! right?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by spiderbadarse
Point is it's a white trash front yard, and ya'll what to act like it's more than get rid of your crappy front yard. If you approve of this you aprove of above ground pools in front yards.

dude, if you call that white trash then you have a very very poor definition of such,

get into the real ghettos of the south, you wanna see some trailer park white trash? some real reason to dislike the look of a yard?

get over yourself, its her own freaking front yard of her house were she lives,

its not your bedroom,

supporting the law against her just due to lack of grass and bushes in her yard is the dumbest thing ive heard in awhile,

you do not support freedom with that attitude

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Hi all...there is another thread on this subject...and for the record (the poor white trash) comment is really offensive.

The link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
the phrase ONLY IN AMERICA comes to mind

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

So your refusing to pay the fine for running a red light? What a dumb white trash thing to do. Oak Park is the city where this is taking place. Its not Detroit though it might as well be.

ABCNEWS Woman faces jail time over garden

The law does not state that she cannot have a vegatable garden there. There is an exception list from the city and low and behold it says vegatable gardens are ok. Its a city official using his own interpretation of the law.

Your overuse of the phrase white trash shows ignorance and bigotry. Your comment about the "commies" and their gardens is proof of ignorance and bigotry. "Commies" as you put it try to control the aspect of your everyday life and your personal property. Much like the city official is trying to dictate how her yard should appear. If anything he is the "commie" and you support what he is trying to do. Doesn't that make you a "commie"?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
well I think the issue here is visual beauty, which is a subjective concept to say the least, and putting that subjective concept in the hands of government or the masses is always going to lead to some type of persecution of the real artists who think outside of the box, but of course that just makes them more famous. I'm not saying she is a Picasso but it's just an example, your definition of white trash may not be the same as hers (BTW I didn't know the UK had "white trash" I thought that was an American locale).

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
No one should be allowed to grow anything but grass in their yard. And you MUST spray it with ROUNDUP all the time. Pesticides and fertilizers are the only thing allowed.

Since the city tore up her front yard and then refused to repair it, she should either just leave it all torn up, and see what they say, or buy sod, spray lots of Roundup all over the place. No other option. The neighbors only want their kids to breathe in lots of pesticide, and you must use tons of water to grow two inches of monoculture. That's it. No way you can grow anything else.

The picture of the other house looking "neat and tidy" they should also be fined. Just look at those weird bushes they have near the house! Are they trying to hide something? They don't want anyone to be able to look in their basement windows...obviously TERRORISTS! GET EM!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
If the city tore up my front yard, and refused to fix it, i definately would plant something there of more value than just grass. If I'm going to take the time to do yardwork and plant things that I have to take care of, then I'm damned sure going to plant some flowers or veggies.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Lawns are such an incredible waste of water and fertilizer, everybody else in the block should be thrown in jail while the urban farmer woman gets a medal.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Congratulations OP, you have almost made an issue out of what you claim to be a non issue.
Clever commenting, snide remarking, and demeaning accusations against a person you don't know based on a loose interpretation of what it means to be, "white trash" has allowed you to not only bring this "non case" to the spotlight of ATS, but made you look like a 5 star A hole as well.

Fine job!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
People shouldn't be allowed to own ugly dogs either.

Shih Tzu's are ugly IMO, so there.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Most citiies have rules prohibiting agricultural use of front yards. This is to protect the neighbors from unsightly gardens, etc. Who wants to buy a house and have a farm emerge next door? Regardless of the appearance of this particular garden, the authorities have to shut it down. If they don't then everyone will think they can do it and some won't do such an attractive job, creating anuisnace to thr neighbors. At that point the authorities must start holding beauty contests to see who is allowed to keep their crops and who isn't. The end result is that it is not feasible to allow front yard agriculture in any case.
edit on 14-7-2011 by sligtlyskeptical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
Most citiies have rules prohibiting agricultural use of front yards. This is to protect the neighbors from unsightly gardens, etc. Who wants to buy a house and have a farm emerge next door? Regardless of the appearance of this particular garden, the authorities have to shut it down. If they don't then everyone will think they can do it and some won't do such an attractive job, creating anuisnace to thr neighbors. At that point the authorities must start holding beauty contests to see who is allowed to keep their crops and who isn't. The end result is that it is not feasible to allow front yard agriculture in any case.
edit on 14-7-2011 by sligtlyskeptical because: (no reason given)

My internet is slow as hell today so I can't open the link. But out of curiosity, why didn't she use her backyard?
Does her home not have one?
In all honesty I can not understand why you would use the front yard for anything other than a front yard. So whats the deal-EO here?

ETA: I will agree that lawn maintenance and other issues are a collaborative effort usually in neighborhoods. So I can kind of understand where she was out of place here. In the bigger picture beyond "Rights and Freedom" she may start a fad that could bring down property value. Not to mention people painting old bathtubs pink, filling them with dirt and planting flowers in them...Now that's white trash! Oh I have seen people use old toilets for planters as well.
edit on 14-7-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join