It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio County Sheriff's Deputy Fired After Dog Buried alive Incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
www.lex18.com...

This deputy finds an injured dog wandering down the highway and tries to kill it with a garden tool. Dog just won't die so he just buries it in a shallow grave ALIVE. Three days later the dog resurects itself and is found wandering down the road. He is currently being treated by a vet. The dog not the deputy.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Video does not work ..
If he felt the animal was suffering he should have taken it to a vet.
If the animal was truely in agony then he should have shot it and put an end to its suffering .
His approach was just WRONG

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

deputy Taylor tried to kill the dog with a garden tool, then buried it on the side of the road.
Really, a garden tool? How insane does a person have to be to do something like this to a dog?

That's quite a step up from the usual guns, such as with the video of the cop shooting the dog walking up to him when he could have climbed into his car, or the story of 6 cops shooting a dog 8 times after the owner of the house had told them where the dog was to avoid it.

The criminal investigation is now being reviewed by the county attorney's office. They will determine if Taylor will face any criminal charges.
What's there to determine? This guy clearly had either a traumatic molestation experience as a child or has some mental issues, because brutally beating dogs with gardening tools and burying them alive is about as twisted as it gets. This guy should get prison for at least 10 years, this is messed up beyond belief.

I'm glad the sheriff fired him, I was kind of expecting the police department to defend him or give him a slap on the wrist suspension at best.

Actually it did say that the dog was "injured", so maybe he was trying to put it out of it's misery if it's organs were hanging out or something painful like that. But if the dog still has enough strength to get out of the grave and wander on the road, the injuries couldn't have been anything too life threatening, and he had to have seen it moving before he buried it. Unless it went into a concussion or something, can dogs get concussions?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
If the dog was that bad off why did he not just shoot it. We all know how cops liking shooting dogs. OH, I guess that Barney Phife left his bullet in his other shirt.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

I want to adopt this dog and give it a haven for the rest of his life to live in. What the h*& is wrong with people?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
So, much for compassion. He really should have know better, no question for his firing. He'd be lucky to even get off on just that after enough public outcry, city, more, could lead to being fined and jailed to not being allowed to own a companion animal. Vet clinic or even an animal shelter/control center would have sufficed, even a gun used instead of sodium pentobarbital, would have been more compassion than garden tools. If they are treating the dog still for HBC and attempted killing of, he may have not been that bad off in the first place.
edit on 14-7-2011 by dreamingawake because: fixed

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
O.K. this is interesting on at least a couple fronts to me.

One, is that I live in the town he is (was) Deputy Sheriff of, and two is that all of the experience I have with the cops around here tells me they're all "good ol' boys" who you can approach and actually jabber-jaw with for awhile. No cops motivated by fear around here - maybe drama, or family-name squabbles, but that's just the way it goes in small towns, lol. Everybody knows everybody here. At least my wife seems to know everybody, lol.

That one of our guys could do this, tells me there must be some extenuating circumstances. I'm sure the dog must have at least looked dead and certainly wasn't moving, if they decided to bury him. They just don't do that kind of satan worshiper thing around here (it really would be the dumbest thing you could do in this area, lol). And the fact that they tried to bury him tells me they respected him in some way, which is entirely other side of the spectrum from beating a dog to death with a hoe.

As long as we're not getting the whole story, I'm gonna have to side with my hometown fellers around here. From my experience with 'em all, I just can't get too where the news story is trying to take us. Sue me.

By the way, the county dog pound has been between a rock and a hard place for years now, and it was extremely hot this whole week as well. It wouldn't surprise me if some kind of dementia related to heat stroke had something to do with this.

I'll let you know, when my wife knows. lol.

ADDITION: Oh wow! I actually know this guy. NO freakin' way he did this maliciously! He's the nicest old fella you'll ever meet. I don't think he carries a gun in fact. All he does all day is take good-behavior county prisoners in a big van (with trailer) and clean up the area (mow grass, clean up lots, clean sidewalks and street gutters). It makes PERFECT sense that something related to heat was going on that day. The day this happened it got up to a 122° heat index. Although, I still can't picture what must have gone on, and I haven't heard anything with details, I'd bet a whole month's finances there was NO malice involved whatsoever. No way...

Meh...nevermind...wife just corrected my...wrong guy. Made sense to me tho. Oh well. We'll see.
edit on 14-7-2011 by lagnar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Reply to post by lagnar

I shot two dose while on duty.

One was hit by a car with it's guts hanging out. The other was a dotty that was clamped down on a mans leg.

Both were approved by my supervisors.

Why I'm the hell would you try and dispatch a dog with a garden tool? That is grisly.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

fail spell-check. dotty = rotty

Rottweiler

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well, the dog has been given a trust fund, but still lives in the shelter.

I've put serious effort into convincing the wife to consider it no to avail. 'Course if it was a cat, she'd be all over it, but we have a dog (I mean horse) she's already a bit skittish of, and we're all feelin' the economy around here ($60.00 gets a bit over 16 gallons of fuel).

I am tellin' everyone I know about her though. I feel like one of them Humane Society commercials sometimes.

But, if you live anywhere near Central Kentucky, and feel capable, just throw an email or pm my way, and I'll give you the number. I haven't checked on any updates on the story yet, but they might have the number too.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lagnar

ADDITION: Oh wow! I actually know this guy. NO freakin' way he did this maliciously! He's the nicest old fella you'll ever meet. ]

They're the ones you gotta watch.

new topics

top topics

join