It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why get angry at TSA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm just wondering if anyone else feels the same way as I do, but why get mad at that? "TSA is infringing upon our rights!", so many people say. But who cares? We don't own the airport so how can we get mad about them?

TSA is not coming in our houses, into our own property, just places that we do not own and shouldn't be worried about. If you don't like it, why not just take a train or a bus or something? Personally, I don't mind going through the airport and getting patted down. Not because I like to be touched by a strange man i don't know, but because it's there place and they make the rules.

Please don't accuse me of being a government agent or something stupid like that. I'm just a teenage boy who is confused as to why so many people are trolling on TSA and not just taking an alternative. If you're going to say something useful, please do. But I will not have idiots trolling me saying I'm an idiot and don't appreciate my own rights. Thanks all.
edit on 7/13/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Attempted BB Code.

edit on 13-7-2011 by lastbleedingvictim because: It said the comic thing in the title and i didn't want that in my post

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
As a teenage boy, wait until the TSA is at all the bus and train stations, malls, toll bridges and gates, taxi stands, pulling random check stops in the street, stadiums, theaters, partnering with the DHS to gain even more control over your day to day activities.....all coming YOUR way in YOUR life time.

Then come back to this thread, read it again and ask the same questions.

The people that are angry, frightened and trying to do something about the TSA and the loss of freedoms are doing it for you.

Jude11

edit on 13-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thanks for replying. I've seen you say a lot of very knowledgeable things. But at the point that they expand upon their airport jurisdiction, then we can freak out. Why start these crazy ideas of things they're not yet doing?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lastbleedingvictim
reply to post by jude11

Thanks for replying. I've seen you say a lot of very knowledgeable things. But at the point that they expand upon their airport jurisdiction, then we can freak out. Why start these crazy ideas of things they're not yet doing?

The real issue is stopping them in their tracks BEFORE they spill out onto the streets. But they already have:

This is only one of thousands of references out there:

Documents Reveal TSA Research Proposal To Body-Scan Pedestrians, Train PassengersText
blogs.forbes.com...

Giving Transportation Security Administration agents a peek under your clothes may soon be a practice that goes well beyond airport checkpoints. Newly uncovered documents show that as early as 2006, the Department of Homeland Security has been planning pilot programs to deploy mobile scanning units that can be set up at public events and in train stations, along with mobile x-ray vans capable of scanning pedestrians on city streets.

The 173-page collection of contracts and reports, acquired through a Freedom of Information Act request, includes contracts with Siemens Corporations, Northeastern University, and Rapiscan Systems.
epic.org...

This would allow them to take these technologies out of the airport and into other contexts like public streets, special events and ground transit,” says Ginger McCall, an attorney with EPIC. “It’s a clear violation of the fourth amendment that’s very invasive, not necessarily effective, and poses all the same radiation risks as the airport scans.

edit on 13-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Why start these crazy ideas of things they're not yet doing?

Mainly because they are a federal agency. And what they are doing is unconstitutional, and against the law of the land. If we allow this, then they will seek to go the next step, and the next step after that. And before you even realize it, you are living in all out police state with no freedom and privacy left.

However, I agree with you that as many people as have a choice, should use alternative methods of travel.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lastbleedingvictim

I hear you, although I have different reasons.

We act like we do not have rights. If TSA agent is unreasonable, ask for a supervisor. then ask for a manager. ask for witnesses.

We are not helpless but we give them our power.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

But at the point that they expand upon their airport jurisdiction, then we can freak out. Why start these crazy ideas of things they're not yet doing?

But if we wait until then. People willuse your same line of reasoning why freak out. there just doing the same thing there doing at ther airports no big deal. It is called acclamation by gradualism. Once you get used to this type of behaviour it becomes acceptbale to you.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
They're related to the government, who could do pretty much whatever they want to us and most people would have nothing to say about it. But they're only in airports for now. I don't see why you don't understand that I'm saying they're NOT doing something like that. They COULD just like I COULD burn down my house and run around in circles till it collapsed on top of me. But I'm not, and they're currently not.

So why start going crazy over it? Honestly, those new scanners don't work very well even, and if I was 400 pounds, I could hide explosives under my fat and it wouldn't see. But it's honestly irrelevant. Most airports (at least the ones in Houston, Tulsa, and Denver last I saw) don't make you go through them. They give you an alternative metal detector scanner. And Houston airport actually usually encourages you to go through the metal detector and doesn't enforce a pat-down.

But that's all not the point. They're not patrolling anywhere besides the airport, where you always have an alternative method of transportation. When the government starts putting TSA in buses and malls, then we can complain. But why not save the energy?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

You haven't been around long enough to understand what's been lost.

Our freedoms have been taken away very slowly over the years.

Our struggle with the TSA is only the latest in a series of maneuvers by the government to rob us of rights guaranteed by our founding document, the Constitution.

They've been whittling away at the Second Amendment for years.

Wait long enough and they'll take away something you value, perhaps internet access or video games.

Before long, at the rate our government is going, we'll have no rights at all. What will we be then?

Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union.

The time to stand up and fight is now, while we still have rights to lose. If we wait much longer it may be too late

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I have never had a single encounter with the TSA and it seems to me the only people that complain about the TSA invading their "rights" put themselves in that position. Or else I am the only person in the US to be so special as to never have to deal with the TSA?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012srb

Ha, I found your post hilarious. If they tried to take away the internet, even the lazy people that sit at home and do nothing would be rioting because they have no internet. The world is getting so dark the internet is all we have to turn to. If they try to take it away, they know they'll have a very lazy revolution.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

More proof?

They are doing exactly what you think they are not.

How about your school?

Bus and train stations?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The only thing worse than your thread is your utter ignorance on the topic. To begin with it is the federal government who is setting the guidelines for the TSA . The same guidelines that if you or anyone else did including the police would be hauled to court over. Secondly I guess the court ruling for them to be present at school proms is fine just don't go there. While we are at it we will just stop going on any public transportation including highways. Why should anyone one get angry over the fact that they are total liars about not sexually molesting children all the while they continue. You can think its fine to radiate and grope you all they want but as for me and mine I really don't like it and don't appreciate it. I also don't appreciate the fact that our military are fighting and killing around the world for democracy while we at home no longer have any.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Very interesting. But schools have had metal detectors for a while and i think we all saw that coming. Honestly, if they tried to do that at my school, they'd get the F*** beat out of them. Living in Tulsa, not many people would take that ha.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

You did exactly what i asked not to. Trolled and repeated information. Way to go, Mr Illiterate.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lastbleedingvictim
reply to post by jude11

Very interesting. But schools have had metal detectors for a while and i think we all saw that coming. Honestly, if they tried to do that at my school, they'd get the F*** beat out of them. Living in Tulsa, not many people would take that ha.

Looks like you are not going to listen or even take the time to look at the proof provided for you.

You set out to have an argument with your ammo at 0%.

You are not the future we are fighting for.

Done

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani
I have never had a single encounter with the TSA and it seems to me the only people that complain about the TSA invading their "rights" put themselves in that position.

You can't possibly be serious-?? So the 93 year old grandmother from Wisconsin who has to be embarrassed and humiliated by taking off her adult diaper in front of a bunch of strangers is ok with you?She "put herself in that positionf"? Explain to me how she "brought it on herself", please......

edit on 13-7-2011 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

You're obviously mentally "conditioned" already, pretty easy to do with a young mind. Read the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, when you've done that look at all the restrictions that have been put on us today, we've lost many of our rights. Besides "Molestation" at the airports many of these TSA employees have already have already been arrested for many crimes involving theft, two weeks ago they caught one who was stealing from airline passengers, promptly posting the items on ebay via cell phone and in many cases the item was sold before he got off his shift. This individual claimed he was making an extra $50,000 per year doing this. I read sometime ago where they even showed up at a high school prom. Alot of people don't like Alex Jones but he does a good job on exposing the TSA for what it really is and he also Posts His Sources for his claims.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
You can't possibly be serious-?? So the 93 year old grandmother from Wisconsin who has to be embarrassed and humiliated by taking off her adult diaper in front of a bunch of strangers is ok with you?

I guess I can not be serious since I never said any such thing.

She "put herself in that positionf"? Explain to me how she "brought it on herself", please......

edit on 13-7-2011 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

She chose to have someone else drive or fly her to where she was going. I take myself where I want to go. Who sent her to someone else to get where she wanted to go? Why was she depending on someone else to get her somewhere? Like I said, I have never dealt with the TSA in my life. How do you suppose I manage that?

Yeah, what happened to that lady sucks but people that go places where bad things happen are usually likely to experience a bad thing.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

Couple of stars for ya... we got to stop agreeing like this or people will start to talk

Even if they do move to trains and buses- those are still private companies operating the vehicles and once again implied consent comes into the picture. You don't want to blow into the Alkasensor you don't get to drive. You don't want your junk juggled you don't get on the (insert plane, train, bus etc.)

The same goes for sporting events, concerts, shopping malls- any private venue can mandate these kind of searches to utilize the service provided.

I look at the people screaming over invasive searches the same way I look at people who would go to Harlem, Oakland or DC, stand in the road and scream "I HATE NI**ERS" at the top of their lungs. You put yourself into a bad situation then just like Kit said... bad things tend to happen.

As for "Why Hate the TSA":

They are incompetent, hitting every single box on the FAIL checklist and penciling in things not even on it.

They waste HUGE sums of money and provide no real service or deterrent

They are a government bureaucracy which lives solely to sustain itself

They are another alphabet agency which will be given more and more power as time goes on

The reasons to hate TSA are numerous but none of them deal with a violation of the 4th Amendment.

new topics

top topics

join