It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever been so Angry?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I put this in the Political Madness forum because after all it is what I am mad about. so if this belongs elsewhere I apologize.

Have you ever been so angry that you want to say so much, but you do not know how to articulate what you want to say? I will try here, forgive me if this comes off like I am venting, I am in a sense, but I would also like to know what i can do.

I am angry sitting here typing this as many things flood my mind about the current state of the United States Government and feeling completely helpless. I mean seriously what can I do? I am just one person who does not matter to anyone outside my family and friends, so what can I do, little ole me?

Seriously I am sick of the Government politicking for ratings, just do your damn job and forget about your flippin ratings in poles. Politicking has absolutely no place in running a country. The government knows what they have to do, they know morally and ethically what has to be done, yet they play highest bidder. When you do run for a position in government do what you say your going to do, know what you have to do and just friggin do it.

Lobbying should be illegal as all hell. Accepting donations so some corporation can get this and that is complete and utter BS. Lobbying should have no bearing on if a law gets passed or created. The government was not put into place for corporations.

Foreign Aid as it stands is beyond unacceptable,
1) We are broke and cannot take care of our own states

2) We should not give other countries Tax payers money so we can influence politics in their countries

3) If we do give aid to other countries it should be to help them out not fund their flipping military. but help the people with food, house etc.

4)Threatening to cut Programs here in the states while giving aid to other countries is just ass backwards, seriously the tax payers are hurting here and you want to cut programs that their taxes should be paying for and instead keep giving it to other countries. How is this even possible? seriously, We have obligations I am told, WTF about the citizens they should be first and foremost after all they pay the damn taxes.

Why do we have military in so many countries, I mean seriously the military was put in place to protect the citizens of the United States, not dominate foreign soil. Bring the troops home period.

How and why is the government spending money they do not have, If I reach a limit on my credit card(if I had one that is), I stop spending until its paid down. How is this a hard concept to get? How did they let it get to the point that it is at?

With all the taxes being paid by the American citizens there should never be a debt, EVER, if we don't have it to spend, we do not need it until we can afford it. Taxes here in America should be just that, HERE IN AMERICA.

The president playing games to try and make the republicans look bad by telling them he will cut social security and disability checks if we cant raise taxes on the rich, stop the games and just do your job it should not be a give and take in the first place. then the republicans saying no we wont allow you to tax the rich equally just so they look out for their corporate buddies. I mean seriously just stop the games.

But hey what do I know, not much.

sorry for venting, there is more but I will just stop here.

Edit: spelling

edit on 13-7-2011 by I think Im normal because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2011 by I think Im normal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Im with ya....

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by I think Im normalIn fact i think im worse off,...I could not put that many words together describing everything you did without a bunch of #@$%^&*%$#@#$%^.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Follow the money and you will see, corruption spawns in all parties. Greed and special interests continue to fester, and we the people have become the jester. Same as it ever was....
Now back to your program(ming)

Sorry to hear that it is getting to you, and I don't know what to say except vote, but I lost faith in that too. Now I am just pretending everything will be alright, instead of feeding the beast with fear and fright. < shrugs shoulders >

ETA: I agree too with Whaa, in that being involved in local city/state issues still makes a difference.
edit on 13-7-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by I think Im normal

You're normal.
The whole situation sucks and we're running out of options.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'm with you! I got so flippin mad about a thread earlier, Obama + Social Security + the newest TSA one about the little girl, I did something I have never done, and never thought I'd do before. I actually wrote the White House telling the president to grow a damn pair and get rid of this mess. Will it do me any good? Probably not, but it sure as heck made me feel better. I don't know what to tell you man, until more people start waking up and getting mad *shrug*. The pot's starting to boil though that's for sure.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Ranthenae because: bad word

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Politics have ALWAYS been a point of frustration to the people. I don't even vote anymore. Why? No one represents ME anymore.

They are money grubbing, pocket lining, liars. Plain and simple. Even your "Ron Paul", being a politician, should not have the hands down blind following he has. He is still a politician. He still knows how to rally a following.

That said, you also have to make sure that ATS and youtube are not your ONLY sources of political rhetoric.

The info is pretty biased to show it even worse than it is.

We do need a government but it does need a hard reboot. However, sometimes restarting like that can make things worse.

Definitely hard to articulate when you just want to punch people in the head. haha. I remember when that was a cure all for a$$holiness.

Anyways, s&f.

link   
I agree with all you have said -- every damn word! Feeling helpless here as well. What can one person like me do? Not a hell of a lot! I am fed up. As you stated in your OP, why the hell are our service men in other countries? Leave it alone, let them fight their own battles. Why is our government aiding other countries when our own people are out of work, unable to feed their families, unable to keep their homes? Shouldn't OUR country be more concerned about OUR country FIRST?! I would think so! That's the way it SHOULD BE! But sadly, does not appear, that is the case. I believe in helping those in need, be it in our country, or others. However, when our country is in the condition its in, our government should be taking care of business HERE, at home FIRST! Just my 2 cents.

link   
I would say "hey you should put that into a lettetr and send it to the president and your local members of congress (House and Senate)". I won't suggest that because it will only be read by some intern and if your lucky you might get some standardized response. Which after a few letters or emails those seem to stop. I learned from experience. I guess I have become a nuisance.

With the tone of your writing the intern would then probably report you and you would end up on some domestic radical watch list.

I don't even bother to vote anymore. It seems once the elected get inside the Beltway, they lose the ability to think for themselves and just do what the money tells them.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hey what are you doing THINKING?!?!?!?

Your supposed to be keeping your mind entertained with 8 hours of work, 8 hours of sleep, and 8 hours of watching TV and commercials!

Well now that the sarcasm is over... Very well written, much props... I feel you on the part where you are so angry, have so much knowledge in your mind, you dont know how to get it out in well formulated sentences/paragraphs... I am the same way...

Yep no denying it, we are totally screwed in this paradigm... Lobbying is definitely one of the biggest problems our whole govt has, and the main reason were at the point we are at...

End the wars and bring (ALL) our troops home will be a huge benefit to our country in the long run... maybe not in the short run, cause theres barely jobs for everybody that is living in the country as it is... But thats no bodies fault except the greedy corporations, and lobbyists...

With ya 100%! Peace

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The great thing is what we still have left Normal is your right to come to this forum and share your feelings.
It is for this I proudly served my country. Yes, I idealistically swore in many years ago - with a Love for our freedom of speech. People join and serve for many reasons, mine was for exactly what you brought here.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by leemachino
I would say "hey you should put that into a lettetr and send it to the president and your local members of congress (House and Senate)". I won't suggest that because it will only be read by some intern and if your lucky you might get some standardized response. Which after a few letters or emails those seem to stop. I learned from experience. I guess I have become a nuisance.

With the tone of your writing the intern would then probably report you and you would end up on some domestic radical watch list.

I don't even bother to vote anymore. It seems once the elected get inside the Beltway, they lose the ability to think for themselves and just do what the money tells them.

That is just it, it is to the point where the government feels they no longer have to listen to the people, its almost as if they have reached a point where all they know is how can I campaign so that I get another two years.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

My suggestion would be...

If you know how things should be, then run for public office yourself. Become part of the solution rather than whining.

Start small run for the school board or city council and spring board from there into state or national office.

Starting a thread on a forum may get you a few flags or stars but is that really a mature way to deal with the problem.

I feel helpless and angry too, so I've put down green money and am running for our village counsel. A long journey starts with a single step. No excuses please!

edit on 13-7-2011 by whaaa because: buy local produce

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by I think Im normal
Why do we have military in so many countries, I mean seriously the military was put in place to protect the citizens of the United States, not dominate foreign soil. Bring the troops home period.

I agree, but maybe not in the exact sense as you. I'm not against any of the USA's wars, however I think our strategy should be "kick their *SNIP* and leave". Forget this rebuilding garbage.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Its all theatre now. When elections are around the corner each party pretends to fight for what "their" people want and believe in. Just like Cantor coming out today and saying Obama stormed out of the deficit talks. Its funny that Bush jr and his 6 years of Republican Congress had no problems with deficit spending. Now its a problem because Democrats are doing it.

Last week all options were on the table for Obama for the deficit talks. His party turns on him and now Social Security and Medicare can't be touched. If both parties contend that those 2 "entitlements" are driving up the deficit, then why are we paying a seperate tax to fund them? Why would Obummer threaten to hold back Social Security checks to the people who need them? My check stubs still state that I am paying that tax along with a federal income tax.

Come 2013 the fighting will stop for awhile why the lobbyists are paying off our officials and cheating the people and the cycle starts all over again. I wouldn't be suprised if Obama and the the Dems try to privatize Social Security like his predecessor tried. Obummer has too many Wall Street advisors and they have been licking their chops to get that money for years. It would then just be a Wall Street tax and we probably wouldn't have any way out of it.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

I agree, but maybe not in the exact sense as you. I'm not against any of the USA's wars, however I think our strategy should be "kick their *SNIP* and leave". Forget this rebuilding garbage.

Kick their # why?

Cause they wouldnt hand their resources over to us for free? Or they wanted gold instead of dollars(worthless paper) for their oil?

That is the main reason we are in any of these wars, is to accumulate their resources, whether it be oil, opium, or precious metals which americans have in all of their cell phones

I think that is the main point of why people dont support the wars anymore... But if you support murdering people who dont hand that stuff over, and also raping their natural resources... than hey, your entitled to your opinion
edit on 13-7-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

If you know how things should be, then run for public office yourself. Become part of the solution rather than whining.

Start small run for the school board or city council and spring board from there into state or national office.

Starting a thread on a forum may get you a few flags or stars but is that really a mature way to deal with the problem.

I feel helpless and angry too, so I've put down green money and am running for our village counsel. A long journey starts with a single step. No excuses please!

I agree with you for the most part. Here in Michigan I could run for my City Council. Maybe I could even win. If my Governor doesn't approve of the job were doing he appoints an unelected Emergency Manager that strips elected officials of their power and changes whatever he/she wants. Regardless the will of the people. It become sa local dictatorship.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I appreciate your comment, but I have no interest in running for any public office. I do not want to play the game that is being played, that is part of my whole gripe, but, Hey whining or not I am still upset about the issues. Do you call those who go out and protest whiners? I would go out and protest if there were people in my area or within a few hundred miles who were willing to do the same. What good would that do? we need the whole country to wake up and do this.

I care not for flags or stars what so ever. Your posting a reply to my so called whining, telling me I am whining is real mature to? And hey it starts somewhere now does it not? a forum is a good place as any.

What excuses am I making for anything? I come here to find out what I can do, I got some good replies suggesting write the president, congress etc, and even your suggestions.

again thanks for your input.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by I think Im normal

How and why is the government spending money they do not have, If I reach a limit on my credit card(if I had one that is), I stop spending until its paid down. How is this a hard concept to get? [color=gold] How did they let it get to the point that it is at?

I may not be able to do anything about the strength of emotions around this topic
but I have heard that the only cure for information is more information.
"What ever is ailing ya will cure ya." one fella from Arkansas said.

And in that vein I submit the video above as evidence that
even back in 1949 it was understood that starting massive social programs
was like starting an avalanche uphill from us, or starting a train with no engineer.
In other words, that any goverment program that is started, but does not
contain language on how to stop, end, or conclude the program
then it will inevitably grow out of control. Since then the word
control has been co-opted as justification for the programs
themselves, the capacity for debating the conclusion
of programs has been removed from public forum.

For instance, did we debate ending space
as American people or were we notified?
Why is ending any of the thousands
of other programs a taboo subject.

I say, to Mr President that I'm
not calling his bluff, I'm forcing
his party to make good on it's promise.
Cut social security. And if you chicken out
and don't even cut one cent, then you are out.

David Grouchy
edit on 13-7-2011 by davidgrouchy because: spelling

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

I'm not really for or against "our" wars outright. What I am against is the bipolar-ness; that is the destroy/rebuild cycle. We should either be punishers or pacifists, not both, in my opinion. I'm also against the rebuilding process due to the costs and the opportunity for abuse/corruption.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join