It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: 'It's Going to End Very Badly' (Exclusive 8 min Interview!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Republican Congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul tells Newsmax he will vote against any attempt to raise the debt ceiling and says a proposal to allow the president to raise the ceiling is “capitulating” in the debt debate

The Texas lawmaker also warns that continuing to run up the federal debt will eventually lead to a “dollar crisis,” while insisting that a tax increase will be very bad next year for Republicans who support it. But he acknowledges that Washington lawmakers will most likely agree to raise the debt ceiling after they agree on some spending-cut promises “that people will fall into the trap of believing.”

Paul was asked what brought him to the decision to retire. “One of the major reasons was I didn’t want to run for two offices and one time,” he explains. “I didn’t want two campaigns. I did that before and I think it deserved some criticism. So I decided that I’m going to concentrate on the presidential race. “The campaign is going very well. People are listening to my noninterventionist foreign policy, listening to my views on the Federal Reserve. “I’m also at a point where I’m not that anxious to stay in the Congress right at this moment.”

The solution to the debt crisis, he adds, “to cut spending, an across-the-board cut. Pretend it’s not much of a problem and keep raising the debt limit and keep spending and keep running up the debt, eventually it’s going to end very badly, and that is with a dollar crisis. I’m afraid we’re going to end up with that instead of coming to our senses and cutting back, because politically it’s so difficult.”The federal government, he adds, is already “destroying the value of the dollar.”

Source: www.newsmax.com...

Please go to the main article site to listen to the 8 minute interview. I am really liking this guy. I kinda feel badly I haven't really paid attention to him previously. My bad.

Listen to this interview. Not a good piture is painted. Makes me think we need someone like him... or who thinks as he does-in a lot of areas.

I am VERY interested in reading what you have to say about his piece. SCARY for the US. Bad times are probablly on the way for us all. Compliments of Obama and the Democratic Party.... and a caving Republican party.

Sounds like Mr. Paul and a few others are the only one with Ba..s to do what is right. What a Shame---for America.

(Note: at inteview clip has a very cool movie trailer for "Captain America" Looks like a good movie).

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Too bad it's going to end badly either way.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This man is no dummy. If he says so, it's something to worry about.

S & F.

Time for this guy to make a serious run for the White House.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

I agree. I am the dummy for not seriously checking him out earlier.

I can admit it.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Cancel all debts. Ron Paul champions the cause of liberty, but liberty begins with the cancellation of debt, according to the laws of jubilee. The Liberty Bell has a quote from Leviticus on it. The quote is from the jubilee proclamation. Cancel all debts, release everyone from economic slavery, return land to its original owner. Best way to end the deficit. Blow the jubilee trumpet. Release everyone from the slavery of debt with a proclamation. That's what Ron Paul should be espousing. It's the basis of true liberty.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hab22
Cancel all debts. Ron Paul champions the cause of liberty, but liberty begins with the cancellation of debt, according to the laws of jubilee. The Liberty Bell has a quote from Leviticus on it. The quote is from the jubilee proclamation. Cancel all debts, release everyone from economic slavery, return land to its original owner. Best way to end the deficit. Blow the jubilee trumpet. Release everyone from the slavery of debt with a proclamation. That's what Ron Paul should be espousing. It's the basis of true liberty.

didn't i just read the exact same post in a thread about Obama 10 minutes ago? oh yeah the mods killed it because it was off topic..like this post and yours quoted above. this thread is about Ron Paul

Mr Paul seems to be the only voice of sanity in ll this mess, that is frightening for many many reasons. i do hope he gets more attention by the media he does deserve a fair race for the presidency. i like him too and he may be the first republican/libertarian i will have voted for.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Things are crappy all over and everyone knows deep down that this is just prolonging the inevitable...you can't just keep adding to the debt..it's like spending way over your limit on your card only to have them up the credit amount..

edit on 13-7-2011 by chrismarco because: removed some information

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This thread is about Ron Paul. Ron Paul is a libertarian. The main issue these days is dealing with debt. All I'm saying is that real liberty begins with the cancellation of debt, something which Ron Paul alluded to yesterday when he suggested on television that debt payments to the Fed should be cancelled. That's just a start. If he's a real advocate of liberty, he'll go even farther than that. Cancel all debts. Call for Jubilee, Ron Paul.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hab22

The US Military was proposing to do that with the whole "Guardians of the Republic" nonsense.

The problem is that millions of Americans went to jail for crimes where no one was harmed...robbed of their liberty and life.....

And there are tens of millions who were robbed of their homes, cars ,wifes, lives, jobs......so that a select few could rob us blind.

Thus the ONLY option will be to kill off all the mad people...keep the select few living on top.

Judgement Day has already started....and it's not God deciding who lives or dies. It's the people living on the top of the world...carefully selecting which slaves to keep.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I truely believe Ron Paul is this country's last hope to restore it's great name.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hab22

that reference is in a global economic position, not your car payment. cancel debt from country to country, then currency will have the ability to demand its true value. each economy has stalled in a traffic jam, and you cant push start a car if there are a hundred more in front of you, or a hundred more hooked to your back bumper. it makes sense to cancel and forgive debt(bankruptcy), more than likely, wwIII will happen before russia or china accepts the middle finger from the us. just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I enjoyed the part of the video when she tells Ron Raul that Ben Bernanke smiled when he heard Ron wasn't running for another term.

I smile because he thinks attack on the Federal Reserves would ever end with Ron Paul

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Ahem? Ron Paul?
Hes a great man.But hes just one man.
Well have to have many just like him in the next goverment to be effective.
I think his call for strong medicine is expecting the people to once again pay up the debts rung up by incompetent people who didnt deserve our trust and votes,
People who sat back and took the money from those lobbys and porkbarrelled their lives away on our dime.
The Fed is a hollow scam with very little common sense in its make up.It is plain that the fed is another lever of control of the country that is in private hands hands who dont give a rats patute about the people.
I truely hope he does not get subverted or marginalized in this next election as i feel he has been unfairly treated by the MSM in the past.
But i ask you, if not Ron, who else is there out there thats gonna do the right thing by the people???

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
to bad that the elections staged and already fixed

Democracy is Slavery.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
So he repeats what we've heard a thousand times before.

SO WHAT.

How many times do we have to keep posting the same guy saying the same exact thing?

How many years now???
edit on 13-7-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

You're right.

Crazy old man.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

How many times do we have to keep posting the same guy saying the same exact thing?

How many years now???

How about we keep posting it until the morons in Washington get it through their heads? So far, Ron Paul is the only politician who actually has the cojones to talk about the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
My thoughts:

1- He's a career politician.
2- His lips are moving.
3- The November elections will be a repeat of 2008.

M.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

How about we keep posting it until the morons in Washington get it through their heads? So far, Ron Paul is the only politician who actually has the cojones to talk about the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

If there are any politicians visiting here...they've most likely seen it.

Why don't you guys just bump one of the 10,000 threads of him stating the same exact thing instead of creating a new one everyday?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

After earning an M.D. degree from the Duke University School of Medicine in 1961, Paul moved with his wife to Michigan, where he completed his internship at the Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. He then went on to serve as a flight surgeon in the United States Air Force from 1963 to 1965 and then the United States Air National Guard from 1965 to 1968...

Paul has been married to Carol Wells since 1957...

Paul also spends extra time in the district to compensate for "violat[ing] almost every rule of political survival you can think of," traveling over 300 miles (480 km) daily to attend civic ceremonies for veterans, graduates, and Boy Scouts, often accompanied by his grandchildren. His staff helps senior citizens obtain free or low-cost prescription drugs through a little-known drug company program; procures lost or unreceived medals for war veterans, holding dozens of medal ceremonies annually; is known for its effectiveness in tracking down Social Security checks; and sends out birthday and condolence cards.

In 2001, he was one of only eight doctors in the House; even fewer had continued to practice while in office. He is occasionally approached by younger area residents to thank him for attending and assisting their deliveries at birth.

Let's see...USAF flight surgeon, Air National Guard, OBGYN, US representative from '76-'84, OBGYN, then US representative again from '96-current. Delivered over 4000 children, and offered discounted services to his patients instead of accepting medicare and medicaid funded by US tax dollars.

Career politician my @$$! His net worth is WAY too low to be a taxfeeder such as that - lobbyists don't even bother approaching him.

This here's a statesman who's been trying to do what he can to help fix what he sees as a big mess...which I'd be willing to bet is a good deal more than you've offered up. So give credit where credit is due and don't lump him in with the rest.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join