It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Battle Ground: the Cyberwar Era Has Begun!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Greetings Above Top Secret, its members from around the world, the C.I.A., the D.H.S, the N.S.A., the F.B.I., the D.I.A., the J.D.L., and ANONYMOUS viewers...

(Please pardon me if I unintentionally left your three letter OP out...)

THIS site, like others like it, is amongst the FINEST in the world for the sharing of information amongst peers. We have every walk of life discussing every topic involving life here, from every aspiration IN life. That's what makes ATS so intellectually prominant, and revolutionarily IMPORTANT.

The internet, which has granted ATS its success, has changed, And ATS is fast becoming the hot topic about this change - and victimized by it at the same time. This change is starting to affect the reality this world understands... because it's the reality of this world that matters...

This change has found its definition as CYBERWAR... the war, over the control of, YOUR mind.

ATS Reality: CoIntelPro, Shills, and Socks: The Definitive Guide

I'm not aware if Skeptic Overlord and his partners foresaw this coming, but now they're caught up in center field of this new era we've entered into...

The Cyberwar Era!

What Are We Capable Of - THIS IS ANONYMOUS!

ATS has been a PROMINANT bastion in uncovering truth, where revolutionary ideals such as WikiLeaks and Anonymous came into reality to take these truths home where they belonged - right back in the face of the people responsible for them... whether you agree or not it doesn't matter... THAT is what they're doing. But the integrity of ATS has been questioned, to the point where they've had to release a statement on this, showing an ungloved hand in their commitments to respectable, reliable journalism, under Constitutionally guided principles:

Topics about "Anonymous" on ATS

My applause to your integrity ATS!

What the world MUST understand is that ATS isn't about sides, it's about truth. Some truths are best left unpublished, they could get you, AND ATS, in alot of trouble. Things like that are best shared via U2U - if you must tell, which I whole heartedly recommend. How much responsibility is ATS willing to take for spoken truths?

Definitely not as much as Julian Asaunge is. THAT'S JUST NOT GOOD FOR BUSINESS. But ATS is WILLING to allow groups like Wikileaks and Anonymous to share their goods here, my hat is off to you ATS... even if you have become the prominantly featured battle ground of spy vs. spy. Black and White hats should be showing their respects as well... respectively.

For everyone else, you have now been informed. THIS IS A CYBERWAR... BEING FOUGHT FOR YOUR MIND.

Carry your salt shaker accordingly.

edit on 13-7-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
looks like its time to break out the ol wordproof vest and my keyboard-47...I've been waiting.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
the cyber war was on since the interwebs were built. and are still going strong

In 2004, an analyst named Shawn Carpenter at Sandia National Laboratories traced the origins of a massive cyber espionage ring back to a team of government sponsored researchers in Guangdong Province in China. The hackers, code named by the FBI “Titan Rain,” stole massive amounts of information from military labs, NASA, the World Bank, and others. Rather than being rewarded, Carpenter was fired and investigated after revealing his findings to the FBI, because hacking foreign computers is illegal under U.S. law. He later sued and was awarded more than $3 million. The FBI renamed Titan Rain and classified the new name. The group is still assumed to be operating.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

You forgot C.O.N.T.R.O.L and K.H.A.O.S. I know, they're not three letters.

Originally I supported Anon. They had a good message, but now they are corrupted.

ANON has been saying all sorts of things for quite a while now.

I say.

Put up or Shut up.

Stop talking the talk, and start walking the walk.

It's pretty obvious that WikiLeaks failed. They may as well.

Rebellion starts in the streets doing things doing concrete things, not just talking about it on the web.

Obviously, I'm on the fence, but I'm starting to fall off.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Conscientious Objector

I don't want to be in any "cyberwar."

I'd rather our members not be in any "cyberwar."

I'm not even convinced there is any "cyberwar" as you describe.

Awareness And Knowledge

We are a collaborative community whereby those who are concerned they're not receiving everything they should form mainstream media, can come and cooperate on learning what more there is to know.

That's not a war, that's awareness.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
A war over my mind is more tolerable than a war in my mind.. If everything is going to be picked apart by them and analyzed to infinity, I just hope they learn from it.

There are alot of valid points of view, all based on perspective.

Personally, I believe that all of these agencies are here doing research for their employers on how best to market all of us some "Conspiracy Schwagg"...

ATS showed me truth and I got a T-shirt.. wohoo....

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Conscientious Objector

I don't want to be in any "cyberwar."

I'd rather our members not be in any "cyberwar."

I'm not even convinced there is any "cyberwar" as you describe.

Awareness And Knowledge

We are a collaborative community whereby those who are concerned they're not receiving everything they should form mainstream media, can come and cooperate on learning what more there is to know.

That's not a war, that's awareness.

Being the Conscientious Objector is a personal choice, NOT a business choice. It's a good choice to make, and yes - Any peaceful solution to a war like crisis is prefered. As long as ATS reports on controversial topics in the political arena, and is used by its membership to expose political corruption, debate political correctness, etc... ATS then becomes a SOURCE that even outside sources can and will use to fuel their agenda.

There is a way to curtail this... to a certain degree, it's been discussed before. It's also something a true conscientious objector would at this time reconsider, and that is:

CLOSE THESE FORUMS OFF FROM PUBLIC ACCESS, FORCING THEM TO BECOME REGISTERED MEMBERS.

Is it time to reconsider this option?

While this option tends to restrict the flow of information, I feel that it may be in ATS' best interests if it did.

Don't get me wrong... I believe in freedom, but in today's tumultuous arena, it appears freedom is best kept protected - copyright warnings just don't cut it anymore apparently.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

You forgot C.O.N.T.R.O.L and K.H.A.O.S. I know, they're not three letters.

Originally I supported Anon. They had a good message, but now they are corrupted.

ANON has been saying all sorts of things for quite a while now.

I say.

Put up or Shut up.

Stop talking the talk, and start walking the walk.

It's pretty obvious that WikiLeaks failed. They may as well.

Rebellion starts in the streets doing things doing concrete things, not just talking about it on the web.

Obviously, I'm on the fence, but I'm starting to fall off.

Um, thanks Agent 99, wouldn't want to upset Maxwell Smart(ass) now would we?

Edit to add ...

Wikileaks failed? That's YOUR OPINION... but not a FACT. Wikileaks put into the hands of the public tens of thousands of OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS exposing OFFICIALS. That's not internet chat my friend...

Internet chat didn't get Pvt. Manning locked up and TORTURED by OUR OWN GOVT.

That is PROOF OF COLLUSION OF THE PTB AGAINST THE PEOPLE - from their own mouths and documented actions!

It is WE THE PEOPLE who needs to look in the mirror to realize where the failure occurred... What did YOU do about it?

Anon is doing something about it, and all those three letter agencies I mentioned are running damage control over it.

DON'T YOU READ THE ATS FORUMS?... Just today, Anon hacked MONSATO... and DUMPED THEIR EMPLOYEE DATABASE...

Are you a supporter of Monsato? No, I know damn well that you're not... GOOD FOR ANON! now, LET'S WAKE UP MONSATO'S EMPLOYEES to truths MOST of them may not support either, by running a campaign to INFORM them... my, what a peaceful solution to BOMBING them instead, agreed?
edit on 14-7-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I've always stated that it is better to be a smartass, than a dumbass.

That's not a personnal attack by the way.

But it is time for Anon to start producing. If they were a business, they'd have gone bankrupt by now. They need to do something epic in todays world as what they are doing, is just not grabbing much attention.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I've always stated that it is better to be a smartass, than a dumbass.

That's not a personnal attack by the way.

But it is time for Anon to start producing. If they were a business, they'd have gone bankrupt by now. They need to do something epic in todays world as what they are doing, is just not grabbing much attention.

I know lmao, and you're right, I have more fun, and have and get more laughs, being a smartass

here's a perfect example, of the 'war' being fought BECAUSE of the CYBERWAR I'm talking about here:

Jennifer Jones: AZ Police Chief Declares Martial Law After Being Exposed on Infowars.com

Looks like wordproof vests and keyboard-47s aren't enough...

Cyberwar! Duck and cover, start of the lies?

The above link has an excelent hour and one half+ video... I recommend watching it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I saw that post. The power of the pen (nowadays, the web) is powerful, but people have to stand up and take personal responsibility to actually effect change.

They have to run for office, be a whistleblower in a corrupt organization. It has to be brought to the people’s attention and make them stand up and take notice and organize an effective countermeasure. Until then, things will continue to get worse.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
You're once again right... things are heating up quickly, I predict that folks like this police chief and his corrupt city council on up to the Eric Holders and Bernanke's of this world are going to start filling up FEMA's body bags, if they're not put there first.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
MORE war bound legislations being enacted by Obama WITHOUT Congressional approval:

First round of Obama's Executive Gun Control laws announced

So... anyone want to hazard a guess about the true intentions behind OPERATION GUN RUNNER?

Cyberwars... the prelude to REAL WARS!

Obama's attempt to shut government down may be an attempt to ignite all out war...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Truly...

Shouldn't this forum now include Cyberwar to it's title as well?

I've just sat back and am watching all the reports on info war and cyber security just roll in today! Look at them all!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

While all of this discussion of hacker groups and collectives goes on, there is a very real cyberwar going on between major governments and military powers.

And the stakes couldn't possibly be higher.

While you all are focused on the amateurs' the professional elite government intelligence agencies hackers are very close to causing a possible world war. The following is being blamed on a foreign government, or intelligence agency and may require a military response.

Washington: The Defence Department suffered one of its worst digital attacks in history in March, when a foreign intelligence service hacked into the computer system of a corporate contractor and obtained 24,000 Pentagon files during a single intrusion, senior officials said Thursday.

The disclosure came as the Pentagon released a strategy for military operations in cyberspace, embodying a belief that traditional passive programs for defending military and associated corporate data systems are insufficient in an era when espionage, crime, disruptions and outright attacks are increasingly carried out over the Internet.

Read more at: www.ndtv.com...

From that article:

"A great deal of it concerns our most sensitive systems, including aircraft avionics, surveillance technologies, satellite communications systems and network security protocols," Mr. Lynn said.

They will not name the government responsible, but have said that a military response MAY be necessary.

Also if you're not too preoccupied with Anonymous topics, maybe you can read through this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The next world war could come from something like this, while hackers are playing games with DDoS attacks and other stuff, government hackers are playing with fire that could eventually burn us all.

edit on 15-7-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

While all of this discussion of hacker groups and collectives goes on, there is a very real cyberwar going on between major governments and military powers.

And the stakes couldn't possibly be higher.

While you all are focused on the amateurs' the professional elite government intelligence agencies hackers are very close to causing a possible world war. The following is being blamed on a foreign government, or intelligence agency and may require a military response.

Washington: The Defence Department suffered one of its worst digital attacks in history in March, when a foreign intelligence service hacked into the computer system of a corporate contractor and obtained 24,000 Pentagon files during a single intrusion, senior officials said Thursday.

The disclosure came as the Pentagon released a strategy for military operations in cyberspace, embodying a belief that traditional passive programs for defending military and associated corporate data systems are insufficient in an era when espionage, crime, disruptions and outright attacks are increasingly carried out over the Internet.

Read more at: www.ndtv.com...

From that article:

"A great deal of it concerns our most sensitive systems, including aircraft avionics, surveillance technologies, satellite communications systems and network security protocols," Mr. Lynn said.

They will not name the government responsible, but have said that a military response MAY be necessary.

Also if you're not too preoccupied with Anonymous topics, maybe you can read through this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The next world war could come from something like this, while hackers are playing games with DDoS attacks and other stuff, government hackers are playing with fire that could eventually burn us all.

edit on 15-7-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

Sounds like Cyberwar to me...

I'm still watching! ...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Looking interesting. Thanks for sharing. Keep updating.

Bamboo Flooring

edit on 22-7-2011 by lanham8darby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
It's not a cyberwar, it's an economic war.

Notice Microsoft crawled in bed with the BIOS makers?

Hmmm....HP isn't selling computers....what if they had the capability to disable your CDROM via the BIOS chip? Disable your wireless card in that HP Laptop? Hmmm...."Appears your motherboard is shot"....$350 for a new motherboard plus $275 labor to install it.....or you can just buy another HP Laptop.....

It's economics. Don't fall for it.

Start hunting down old computers with secure BIOS chips where they can't disable your hardware. The old computers are better.

You will only use less than 10% of the power of current computers...what can they do with the 90% of the computing power you aren't using? Use it against you.

In ways you can't begin to fathom. Old Computers will be worth their weight in GOLD...start finding them and restoring them.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
It's not a cyberwar, it's an economic war.

Notice Microsoft crawled in bed with the BIOS makers?

Hmmm....HP isn't selling computers....what if they had the capability to disable your CDROM via the BIOS chip? Disable your wireless card in that HP Laptop? Hmmm...."Appears your motherboard is shot"....$350 for a new motherboard plus $275 labor to install it.....or you can just buy another HP Laptop.....

It's economics. Don't fall for it.

Start hunting down old computers with secure BIOS chips where they can't disable your hardware. The old computers are better.

You will only use less than 10% of the power of current computers...what can they do with the 90% of the computing power you aren't using? Use it against you.

In ways you can't begin to fathom. Old Computers will be worth their weight in GOLD...start finding them and restoring them.

Sounds like something John Titor would do

2nd

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
A few days ago there was a ddos attack on livejournal. They shut them down completely. I wonder what cyberwar they intend to win by shutting down an online journal that's been in existence since 1999? What did this accomplish? People couldn't write in their journals for a few days. Big deal?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join