It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner: Dealing With the White House 'Has Been Like Dealing With Jell-o'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

In a meeting with a small group of reporters in his Capitol Hill office this morning, House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, criticized President Obama and White House officials for their lack of resolve in negotiations.

“Dealing with them the last couple months has been like dealing with Jell-o,” Boehner said. “Some days it’s firmer than others. Sometimes it’s like they’ve left it out over night.”

Boehner explained that talks broke down over the weekend because, he said, the president backed off entitlement reforms so much from Friday to Saturday, “It was Jell-o; it was damn near liquid.”

blogs.abcnews.com...

Jell-o Mr. Speaker? I wouldn't be so generous. Barack Hussein Obama is in way over his head, as are the cronies, handlers, and puppeteers. It seems even the sycophantic press is emerging from the chronic liberal myopia and seeing "The Messiah" for what he really is... "The Fraud."

The only loser here is the American people... Our future and the future of our children are in the hands of an incompetent buffoon devoid of a spine and lacking in any practical experience... Barack Hussein Obama couldn't successfully manage a lemonade stand on his own,
edit on 7/13/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Added link.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

edit on 7/13/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

I think I felt more comfortable when I could sit back and believe Obama was working off some evil grand plan. It's far more disturbing to hear serious suggestions of our President possessing all the resolve and attention span of a 5yr old. This is what holds the keys to power at the highest level on Earth? Oh lovely....I feel so warm and fuzzy.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Barack Hussein Obama couldn't successfully manage a lemonade stand on his own,

ain't that the truth...

too bad his lemonade stand would get shut down for not having proper licensing

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
We do not know what goes on behind closed a door, who push and who pulls, that is not something we know. So to conclusively accept what Boehner says as fact is to say that Obama is wrong, but neither you nor I have been in that room to hear the negotiations. Obama was giving Republicans everything they wanted in exchange for some additional revenue (i.e. taxes), $4 trillion dollars in cuts, how can you pass that up?

So no I will not believe Boehner immediately, a person who says they want massive cuts then can give up that amount just because there were some additional tax increases included is a complete moron.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You have been around ATS long enough to realize that pointing a finger at one person and saying he is the problem is generally not true. Isn't the issue on both sides? I would ask why Boehner needs to work with the whitehouse anyway. Pass a law, and Obama should either sign it or not. Our congressmen spend more time arguing about the way they want it, then simply put a bill up for vote. Either people will vote for it or not. It should not need a private meeting with the President to legislate. They are separate branches of power. Obama should not be involved with the legislation. When he refuses to sign something everyone in congress agrees on then congress get point the finger. Until then I say congress should not be meeting with the President if congress can't even figure out what to do amongst themselves.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Mirth... I absolutely respect you as a super mod... but would you be kind enough to supply the linkypoo please?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
blogs.abcnews.com...

I hear Obama walked out on the talks today.

Who does that?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
blogs.abcnews.com...

I hear Obama walked out on the talks today.

Who does that?

Eric Cantor does that.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The only loser here is the American people... Our future and the future of our children are in the hands of an incompetent buffoon devoid of a spine and lacking in any practical experience... Barack Hussein Obama couldn't successfully manage a lemonade stand on his own,

If we default, and that is still a big "if" (trying to remain optimistic), the world is going to hold the USA accountable for the results of this collapse. I have no doubt that it will go worldwide if our economy collapses. The world will want to punish someone for the severe pain we are potentially about to put it through.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Is that common for a sitting president?

U.S. President Barack Obama told Republicans at the conclusion of a stormy budget meeting on Wednesday that he would not yield further even if it puts his presidency at risk, a Republican aide said.

"I have reached the point where I say enough," Obama said, according to the aide. "Would Ronald Reagan be sitting here? I've reached my limit. This may bring my presidency down, but I will not yield on this."

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Excellent post. I just wish I could add to it, but you pretty much nailed it dead on.
2nd line.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

...The only loser here is the American people... Our future and the future of our children are in the hands of an incompetent buffoon devoid of a spine and lacking in any practical experience... Barack Hussein Obama couldn't successfully manage a lemonade stand on his own....

Oh how true. That is what we get for electing LAWYERS to public office, especially one who did not even practice law and therefore do not have ANY real life experience.

In 1972 McGovern seemed to think government intervention was the solution to most anything.

But in 1992, after voters retired him from politics, McGovern bought and ran the Stratford Inn, a hotel in Connecticut. Out of this experience, McGovern had some new insights to offer: He told a Los Angeles Times reporter that running a business "gives you a whole new perspective on what other people worry about." As Fulford writes: "He now saw for the first time that public policy was choking entrepreneurs by entangling them in impossible red tape and a multitude of laws designed to protect employees, save the environment, keep the customers safe, and raise school taxes. He realized that the politicians who wrote those laws had no idea that they might make it impossible for some businesses to function. He confessed that if he had been in business before politics, he would have handled such matters with more care." McGovern even went as far as to express the (liberal) heresy that there was truth in Calvin Coolidge's dictum: "the business of America is business." www.u-turn.net...

We should make ALL politicians run a lemonade stand....

...What does it say about the state of our nation when scalpers can freely make a small fortune selling parking spots to U.S. Open spectators, but if young children try to sell lemonade to help fight pediatric cancer, their operation is closed down by bureaucrats and the kids are fined $500?

According to a local news report, children of some well-to-do families near Bethesda, Md., set up their stand last week in the hopes of bringing in some bucks to help cure an awful disease. Montgomery County officials spotted the stand and swooped in, warning that since the kids didn't have a permit they would have to shut the stand down. When they didn't, the county fined their parents.

"This gentleman from the county is now telling us because we don't have a vendors license, the kids won't be allowed to sell their lemonade,".... www.truthwinds.com...

NOPE I do not think the Obama could manage to run a Lemonade Stand....

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Maybe they are finally feeling cornered? Maybe the Tea Party wins, and the hyper-attention the public is starting to give them is paying off? Not that there was any decent leadership there to begin with, but the indecisiveness might be evidence of the intense scrutiny.

Another big conservative win in 2012 might put the country back on track. As long as the GOP doesn't derail it and put some big name shill in the White House. We need an executive style leader with integrity, and one that will tell the hard truths and make the unpopular decisions. If we get that, then we have a chance.

If we don't get that, well............. I think things will change drastically either way, but I'm praying for the political way.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Obama leaked a US National Secret....

There are 70 MILLION Americans waiting for their Social Security next month.....and the Baby Boomers are JUST getting to the age where they start applying for it....

Which means soon there will be 140 milllion Americans waiting on their SS checks......

If Obama won't cut their entitlements it means......We will HAVE to topple China.

Bye bye China...been nice knowing ya!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Jell-o Mr. Speaker? I wouldn't be so generous. Barack Hussein Obama is in way over his head, as are the cronies, handlers, and puppeteers. It seems even the sycophantic press is emerging from the chronic liberal myopia and seeing "The Messiah" for what he really is... "The Fraud."

"Mr. Speaker"?

Strange you would afford him that honorific while forgoing similiar respect for the President of The United States.

Are you aware that the Speaker once handed out a dozen checks for 10k a pop from Tobacco industry lobbyists on the floor of the house minutes before a vote to reign in advertising by ciggerette companies to children? Let me know if you need the video with him admitting the same.

The Speaker agreed to a deal that his own party would not support him in. That is what caused the deal to fail. This is not gossip. Again let me know if you would like me to provide links to GOP members saying the same.

What utter BS from the Speaker. A failed attempt to save his own credibility after failing to deliver on a deal he agreed to.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Is that common for a sitting president?

U.S. President Barack Obama told Republicans at the conclusion of a stormy budget meeting on Wednesday that he would not yield further even if it puts his presidency at risk, a Republican aide said.

"I have reached the point where I say enough," Obama said, according to the aide. "Would Ronald Reagan be sitting here? I've reached my limit. This may bring my presidency down, but I will not yield on this."

www.reuters.com...

A far cry from Jello. Perhaps his detractors should make up their mind about what BS they are trying to sell.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well I'll give this a shake but given the extreme bias in the OP by someone who purports to police this site who knows.

As the famed Gelatin's slogan goes,"There's always room for Jello." Flexibility is a virtue and rigid things tend to break. So I view the Jello comment as a compliment from Mr. Peanut Brittle Boehner.

But pedantic semantics aside the real story here is that the GOP has basically raised the White flag after stammering on about the debt ceiling for months now and with ZERO impact to create new jobs as promised during last mid term elections.

Funniest part is the Republicans got played like a fiddle. They believed they were "negotiating" when in fact they were simply "discussing." This quote from WSJ pretty much sums up their "discussions"

Republicans are in a retreat in the debt ceiling fight. Whether it will turn into a full-scale surrender remains to be seen. The new plan, proposed by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, is convoluted, but the bottom line is that it would allow the White House to raise the debt ceiling without specific congressional approval.

online.wsj.com...

President Obama showed his usual calm and cool demeanor while laying his calculated plan of exposing the true GOP bullies attempt to hold the country hostage so they can favor the wealthy and give tax breaks to mega corporations.

It was a brilliant and calculated move exacted with supreme finesse. The GOP have screwed the proverbial pooch with their play that has catastrophically back fired.

Who loses if debt-limit talks fail? Possibly Republicans more than Obama.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The Jello analogy is pretty hilarious. I love Boehner's Scorpio humor.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

But I thought they were all "in on it." You know, the power elites, those who are really in charge. No?
Well, then I'm really stumped and disheartened.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join