It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brutus, the 5.5m saltie!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Just wanted to throw this up here, im not normally one for posting random news articles but i thought some here would appreciate this.

This is Brutus, a 5.5m croc living in the fair lands of 'australia'.

To me, the photo looks a little suspect, but others believe he's definately that big.

fake or not, thats one prehistoric animal.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/988a50348392.jpg[/atsimg]

www.news.com.au...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The croc in the photo is missing an arm. How cruel. I am glad I only have to worry about spiders, scorpions, and snakes.

link   
I looked around a bit and apparently it's real...what huge croc...

link   
Wow huge, looks like he is missing a limb.

Good find.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well, the picture is most likely not real. I am sure you can see why. (Audience looking in wrong direction, lighting of croc vs. people is off, etc.)

But the alligator is most likely real. Looks like it's missing an arm too, poor guy.

Love these creatures. The kind of love, where I leave ones like these the ::BLIP:: alone.

Big.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

There was a story about this in the UK Daily Mail.......apparently he is 80 years old and he lost that front leg in a shark attack

Daily Mail

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Going to have to call it fake. If something that scary and huge is that close, those spectators would not be sitting there looking in other directions, holding a camera or even sitting that close.

Can't see it.

The flow of water behind him also shows that the boat is moving so he wouldn't be able to swim and keep pace while standing. IMO

edit on 13-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hmm the outline of the head looks odd..
like the head has been stretched, it doesnt look proportionate to the rest..
dunno.. but news.com.au is a pretty legit news site i cant imagine them using fake photos in news articles.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
i saw this story somewhere else, i dont know if the story is true or not, but that photo is certainly a fake.
5.5m wouldn't break any records anyway, so i'd guess that photo was just mocked up to go with a story.
edit on 13-7-2011 by neonitus because: ..

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Not to mention a croc that big and everyone is looking away from the croc. Taking a picture of something else ignoring the huge croc that could swallow a man whole.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Okay here is an article regarding him. It says in here that he's actually 5.2m (not a big difference), but the picture is waaaay different...and might I add more realistic.

The real brutus

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
the Crocodile is real (as in Brutus), however I would say this photo has been shopped - simple fact that the croc should/would have water running off it. The picture shows that there is no water dripping from the croc.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I don't know, I've a feeling that the picture is genuine,

I don't really see people looking away from the croc, also the picture is copyrighted to Katrina Bridgeford, who is a professional photographer.

Photographer Katrina Bridgeford took this astonishing photograph of Brutus, a 5.5m salt water crocodile, giving a boatload of tourists a moment they will never forget on the Adelaide River, just over 100km south of Darwin, last week. Ms Bridgeford was on the cruise with sons Jordan, 14, and Dylan Woodward, 11 as well as four-year-old niece Skye Bridgeford and boyfriend Daniel Wilson. Dylan had only two words when the big man-eater rose out of the water in front of the group: “Holy crap!” The large salt water crocodile, which is missing its right front leg, is a favourite with tourists on the Adelaide River Cruises, because he adores his meal of buffalo meat and always puts on a good show for it. Picture: Katrina Bridgeford / Rex Features

Brutus also seems to have a bit of previous

BBC

And whilst this isn't Brutus, I think it's the same boat and the same technique seems to be being used

youtube

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

definetly not as large but way scarier anyway!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
People are looking away from it? Why, that's just silly....

*goes to double check*

Nope, looks like everyone's looking at the crocodile in absolute awe.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Photo looks a bit dodgey.

But you have to admire a huge animal as big as 5.5 metres saltie.
The largest that i could find on record was 6.2 metres in Australia, shot and killed on the banks of the Mary River , (northern territory) in 1974.
And one measuring the same in Papua New Guinea shot and killed in 1983.

Why do we shoot and kill everything we see?
Humans are stupid.

edit on 13-7-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Looks accurate for a 5.5m croc. There is bigger ones out there, seriously scary seeing a 5.5-6m croc no wonder they've survived millions of years.
Apparently there is a 8m+ one up far north Queensland, there's a thread somewhere on here about it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hmm, many of you are correct about the photo but Noone seems to mention the most obvious giveaway.

Look at the crock, 1) why is the water not rippling and seems to be going down, not up.
2) this action is not typical of alligators or cross due to their enormous weight, cross do not swim upwards this quickly to get that far out of the water.
3) the crock is not wet at all, if it had just gotten out of the water it would have at least a few glistening drops traveling down its neck, but there are none.

This photo must have been doctored by someone who know nothing about physics.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
In my opinion that picture looks very real. I've seen crocs "jump" like that - up close like that.

Click here and then click "slide show" to see more pictures that is just as "unbelievable". Are we on ATS so sceptic that we call even the real pictures "shopped"?

This photo must have been doctored by someone who know nothing about physics.

Or the photo is seen by someone who have not seen this phenomena
edit on 14-7-2011 by Gemwolf because: Sp

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
It's not fake. See this link for more. You guys just aren't looking at the pic right. Quit trying to debunk everybloodything and just see what's in front of you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join