It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sensor monitors eating in cow's stomach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
They start with chipping dogs, put sensors in cow stomachs and tomorrow a drug company is putting a chip into my pills to watch my acidosis levels... Cool for the cows, they stay healthier, I guess...

A sensor developed by a company from Graz and Kapfenberg FH (Austria) is put in the cow's stomach to help prevent errors in feeding. caused by a low pH value resulting rumen acidosis can thus be prevented in time.

The evaluation can then be accessed on the Internet, Wolfgang Stockreiter explained by the FH Joanneum Kapfenberg. "The sensor is input from the mouth of cattle and is a lifetime in the rumen. Every time the cow passes the radio station will transfer the data ".

Source (in German)

Translation
edit on 13-7-2011 by HedyLamarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HedyLamarr

Interesting, but I wonder who is next? Baaah
How come the 'pill' remains in the system and is not passed through? Does it grab on the inside?
I thought the farmer's would have control over their fenced in cattle's diet, guess not.

Peace,
spec

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This is pretty non-invasive considering that there is a procedure to place a "window" in the cow's hide so that at any time a person feels like it they can open this "window" and check out the cow's internal organs.

new topics

join