It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Entertainment Television(BET) Has Become The New KKK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
So... The claim is BET is the new KKK because 4000 people, of the same race, have been killed since 1975 in the hands of people of that same race?

forgodssake 56 million die per year in the World, of which 520.000 are murdered, of which 16.500 are murdered in the US.

answers.ask.com...

What media did they watch? TNT? Maybe watching that white-focused "The Event" is behind hundreds of murders!!

edit on 14/7/11 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Isnt it amazing? These fine upstanding immoral people have taken their ques from history and become the very think they fought so long to abolish.......racist.

Hot dam thats funny, just goes to show ya.........

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

do you actaul need the moniker of WET for it to be White entertainment television

Yes. But IMO I don't think either such BET or WET should exist.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
There were always gangsta rappers that talked about killing people and the street life. This is nothing new, from the age of hip hop videos there was always this on BET. Lil Wayne is a newjack in the span of the hip hop community. Late 80's and Early 90's rap had these sorts of lyrics....... The author needs to take a hip hop history lesson before preaching about it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamAnt
Lil Wayne is a talented rapper, and he did exactly what it took to make big in this industry, however it is up to us as parents to fully explain the difference between that fantacy life they rap about, and the reality of things to our seeds.

Sorry, I had a smile on my face reading your OP, but then you said this.

Lil Wayne IS JUST A FAKE RIP OFF

HOW MANY LYRICS DOES HE WANNA STEAL FROM TUPAC AND BIGGIE!!!!!!!!!!

Youtube it, he's a fake ass.....and I'm white and am not allowed to finish that sentence.

I respect every human being who has self responsibility and accountability.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamAnt

Have you ever watched BET?

Obviously you haven't.... I don't care how many articles or references you point to.

Let's get this out of the way. I am a white dude who is a Death Metal fan.

Fortunately, I have the awesome ability to have friends of all races with their own tastes.

One of my best friends, who is black, would have BET on when ever we would hang out (before hopping into a videogame)

I would give him crap about it....and say things "where are all the white people" things like that, but a lot of times I would sit there and watch videos and other programming with him...just because we were hanging around.

Either way, comparing BET to the KKK is one of the most ignorant and rediculous things I have ever read on this forum.

You don't know anything about either BET or the KKK to make such a statement.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Lil Wayne is a talented rapper, and he did exactly what it took to make big in this industry, however it is up to us as parents to fully explain the difference between that fantacy life they rap about, and the reality of things to our seeds.

Youtube it, he's a fake ass.....and I'm white and am not allowed to finish that sentence.

Yeah man....even black folks know that Lil wayne is a sold out, skinny, no talent-having mofo.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Man, it's tragic to see what the NWO has done to what was once the foundation of Black Freedom and Expression. Then again, they've done it to a lot of mainstream music anyway, all folks included.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed
reply to post by AdamAnt

Have you ever watched BET?

Obviously you haven't.... I don't care how many articles or references you point to.

Let's get this out of the way. I am a white dude who is a Death Metal fan.

Fortunately, I have the awesome ability to have friends of all races with their own tastes.

One of my best friends, who is black, would have BET on when ever we would hang out (before hopping into a videogame)

I would give him crap about it....and say things "where are all the white people" things like that, but a lot of times I would sit there and watch videos and other programming with him...just because we were hanging around.

Either way, comparing BET to the KKK is one of the most ignorant and rediculous things I have ever read on this forum.

You don't know anything about either BET or the KKK to make such a statement.

Have "I" watched BET??? I dont even think that question deserves an answer. You totally killed your point when you said "Your're best friend is black", and then "hopping on a video game".

This goes to show at this point you would never really understand the message in this article.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If the KKK were truly smart then this black on black violence would be there doing, turn your enemy on themselves that way you are not suspected of anything.
If the KKK are beginning to wane and become inactive then it could be a more stealth and advanced form of violence they cant exactly beat people and hang them from the nearest tree anymore without punishment, if you trace the roots of this black on black violent culture some of it comes from small starved inner city communities with white land owners and local political powers and KKK members at the top of these record companies when the street music started out from the late 80s early 90's.
If black people turn more on whites though then that too would help the support and strength of the KKK, in either form its ignorance we need to be wise to these more subtle and evolved forms of manipulation.

And if i am wrong then we'll notice when the tactics change!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

I know you may think of yourself as a true Hip-Hop scholar, but my point being is that his talents may not be in his lyrics, but in his either business skills or submissives skills to be able to make millions in the music industry. and if all you have to compare Wayne to is Biggie & Tupac, then you sir are not that well verse in true hip-hop artist. There are multiple artist even more talented than biggie and tupac.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Have "I" watched BET??? I dont even think that question deserves an answer. You totally killed your point when you said "Your're best friend is black", and then "hopping on a video game".

This goes to show at this point you would never really understand the message in this article.

No I didn't kill my point.

If BET was KKK then he wouldn't have even let me in his house to hang out.

Your comparison is Bullcrap.

What it is more akin to is all American Stereotyping in this country. Rap has been there forever. It's a form of music.

KKK != BET

BET = any other racial profile garbage that exists in America.

It's a fricken TV channel. KKK is a racist movement where a group of Whites think that their race is gods race and therefor superior.

Totally different.
edit on 7/14/2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I know you may think of yourself as a true Hip-Hop scholar, but my point being is that his talents may not be in his lyrics, but in his either business skills or submissives skills to be able to make millions in the music industry. and if all you have to compare Wayne to is Biggie & Tupac, then you sir are not that well verse in true hip-hop artist. There are multiple artist even more talented than biggie and tupac.

No. Lil Wayne is not anything. Quit looking like a fool.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Jay Electronica
Mos Def
Terrace Martin
Slum Village (pre-&post J Dilla)
Nappy Roots
Talib Kweli
Jean Grae
Immortal Technique
Dead Prez
Common
KRS-One
This is just a few talented rappers that will not get any rotation on not just BET but any "Radio One or TVOne" owned company. This is the point of this entire BET argument. Instead of playing something that promote a positive conscious mesage, they flood the airways with crap like Lil Wayne. Everyone seems to only want to focus on Biggie and Tupac. Two dead artist that were killed probaly behind the bullsh!t that goes on inside this industry.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed

No. Lil Wayne is not anything. Quit looking like a fool.

Seriously Sir, You apparently lack adequate communication skills to even slightly comprehend the message I am potraying. I reached this assumption by your constant defence of a network that is not promoting the positive upbringing of young children, but yet flooding their minds and hearts with so-called "Black Entertainment"
That sorta of entertainment is only suitable for an uneducated fool. Which we see prime examples of on this site. So you and your best black friend continue to indulge in the buffonery that is BET.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

Yes that also ended nearly 100 years ago
Good attempt though

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamAnt

Uh almost all of those rappers have been played on BET at some point in time. They had their time in the 90's before pop hop and crunk became popular.
edit on 7/14/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
reply to post by AdamAnt

Uh almost all of those rappers have been played on BET at some point in time. They had their time in the 90's before pop hop and crunk became popular.

So??? whats your point??? The same point I was making obiously, these artist listed are not regularly played on BET nor any local major radio station. Most artist with some sort of fame to them have been on BET at some point, especially during the 90's, but as far as them gaining heavy rotation, that will never happen. The chair of BET even said so herself, It it doesnt sale it doesnt play, the only crap they sales is what they say will sale, and that is anything that keeps you dumb and consuming.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamAnt

They did get heavy rotation in the 90's tho. That is when they came out. Of course you aren't going to hear old school hip hop on BET nowadays. That's my point..They make golden era sounding music.... it is outdated, why would BET play it? It would be like MTV still playing Deaf Leopard.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PapaEmeritus

An attempt at what? 100 years What does that have to do with anything? How old is the Constitution are you calling that old an outdated. Do you understand cause and effect. Maybe you should be more clear on the purpose of your post. My point was pretty clear yours on the other hand not so much. Try adding to the thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join