It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Entertainment Television(BET) Has Become The New KKK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I will not deny, there is still a vast number of racial discrimination in the country, and definitely across the globe. But hate and distruction seems to come in new form everyday.

I want to post some of the article because I slight ly agree with the author. We not just only as a black community to to start and continue to take responsibilities for all of our actions, and not rely on the boob tube, especially BET to teach and raise our children. I can even say the same with MTV of VH1.

The source of this article can be found here

The Ku Klux Klan has been regularly criticized for encouraging violence against African Americans and terrorizing our community. But the truth is that the Klan doesn’t have much power anymore, and their thirst for African American blood seems to have waned a bit. At the same time, Lil Wayne and artists like him have made a habit of encouraging Black men to shoot one another, to abuse or murder women, to consume suicidal amounts of drugs and alcohol and to engage in irresponsible, deadly sexual behavior.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2adf205243b8.jpg[/atsimg]

As a result, Black men are the most likely to die of gun violence, mass incarceration continues to decimate Black families, drug addiction and possession ruins Black lives in droves, and HIV is the leading killer of Black women. So, the truth is that Lil Wayne-like artists and the corporate armies producing this weaponized genocide have killed more Black people than the KKK ever could. So, by accelerating, financing and supporting the “Lil Wayne gospel” to a community that is already dying, BET has effectively positioned itself as a new and improved version of the KKK.

Charles Manson is considered one of the most vicious killers in history, yet he never actually murdered a soul. He has been in prison for 40 years because he convinced others to commit murder, controlling their minds through comfortable words and charisma. If Manson had been given the platform supplied by BET and the rest of corporate America and a license to share his rhetoric without restraint, he could have caused the deaths of millions more. So, by publicly rewarding and applauding the words of Lil Wayne, BET is giving his beloved message a level of power and penetration that is fit for a king – most interesting is that Wayne’s endorsement of killing women and children is far more vicious than anything Manson ever said.

Lil Wayne is a talented rapper, and he did exactly what it took to make big in this industry, however it is up to us as parents to fully explain the difference between that fantacy life they rap about, and the reality of things to our seeds.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamAnt

If there is allowed to be a BET(Black Entertainment Television)

I think there should be a WET(White Entertainment Television)

Sorta Hypocritical ain't it.?(If people only think there should be a BET)

Although there are a vast majority of Whites in today's T.V in the U.S/North America

I think if they have a BET and look down upon any other Racial Congregation that is extremely hypocritical.

Because there should be no BET If they don't allow any other Racial Specific Channels/Shows/Etc
edit on 13-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by AdamAnt

Although there are a vast majority of Whites in today's T.V in the U.S/North America

I think if they have a BET and look down upon any other Racial Congregation that is extremely hypocritical.

Because there should be no BET If they don't allow any other Racial Specific Channels/Shows/Etc

MTV owns BET
Sapiens sapiens race issues shall be ovecam

Viacom owns them both
edit on 7/13/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I was gonna comment but found my thought provoking statements best unwritten, as logic in this world is found under the rug when it comes to topics like this.

See ya.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm NO racist by no means even if this sounds like it.

They have their own network, month, and the NAACP (among many other things specific to them).

How come Indians don't have their own month, network, or anything of the sorts? Wasn't this their land in the first place?

They pull the race card on anything and everything, even though they are no longer the minority. I've been passed up for jobs that I was more qualified for than the black individuals hired over me.

Again NO racist tone was in the post so don't even go there!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

So Viacom can own WET as well.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

So Viacom can own WET as well.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Yes lol its a sapiens sapiens issue.
The race cards are almost played out right on time.. What would happen if ALL the energies here JUST ABOUT looked the same
its so petty.
edit on 7/13/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by AdamAnt

There are still plenty of white tv shows, what are you whining about ? I don't even watch BET but everybody is entitled to something.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Isnt it kinda funny that BET was started by white people?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

How come Indians don't have their own month, network, or anything of the sorts? Wasn't this their land in the first place? They pull the race card on anything and everything, even though they are no longer the minority.

I've been passed up for jobs that I was more qualified for than the black individuals hired over me.

Yes that is a problem that our country(s) suffer from at this moment

Some large/small Employers are forced to higher a set number of different races.

Even if some of the higher qualified are not of a certain 'Race' They will be looked over because of their skin colour.

I think that it is truly racists tactics that they are using when employers are forced to do this we must hold our government accountable

Because its completely un-acceptable for employers to 'have' to do this.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
I'm NO racist by no means even if this sounds like it.

They have their own network, month, and the NAACP (among many other things specific to them).

How come Indians don't have their own month, network, or anything of the sorts? Wasn't this their land in the first place?

They pull the race card on anything and everything, even though they are no longer the minority. I've been passed up for jobs that I was more qualified for than the black individuals hired over me.

Again NO racist tone was in the post so don't even go there!

Not that many indians left to have anything.
Besides I always heard there was some conspiracy to destroy the black race. Never made sense why they never destroyed these other races though except the indians though.
Just some food for thought.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

There are still plenty of white tv shows, what are you whining about ? I don't even watch BET but everybody is entitled to something.

White Specific T.V shows clearly you don't understand my point.

Example:

Let Whites Have T.V Shows or Channel That is not allowed or doesn't feature any black people or other Races other than Whites.

------------------------------------------------------------
Black Entertainment Television is for Black People.( And i think that is Racists)

But your logic seems to think Black people Can't be racists; I sense.

Get it.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89

Oh yeah, it was started by Jews. Same Jews could be the Bilderburgs, Rothchilds but Jews!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
my signature sums this up really....

i'll add this second line *just incase mind...*

link   
As a pale face I think having a white entertainment channel would be silly. Like what would we watch on a white entertainment channel...everything..? Its quite apparent though that alot of blacks want to keep racism around. Like the movie white chicks, its 2 black dudes dressed as white girls, lawdy lawd imagin if ole cracker pants made a movie called black chicks.

link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Along the same lines, I have often wondered why some of the equally or more talented rappers(Jurrasic 5, Dilated Peoples, People Under The Stairs, etc...) don't get as much play as the thuggish works. In a documentary it was pointed out that the decision makers and check signers in the industry, at the top levels, are all white. So, perhaps there are efforts to glorify and continue portraying the negative aspects of a culture or music, to keep them fighting and swimming in desperation. That is if some at the top are racist. I realize too that sales are a result of demand, but demand is a result of exposure, so what is played/promoted the most becomes desirable as well.
Just speculating here, pessimistically for a change.

Peace,
spec

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

Let me get to you before I get to the OP. Um you said there should not be any race specific channels I can agree with that in theory. But CMT is not virtually what you were saying about WET white entertainment television. I mean come on think about it. Should there be the gay lesbian channel?? there is.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Quit whining you no nothings.

American Indian month is November
Hispanic Heritage is September
Womens History is March
Asian American Pacific Islanders is May

I can go on do some more research before you assume your garbage.
To most African Americans BET sucks and is a shell of its former self, the reason BET even existed because MTV and other networks refused to play songs,music, and shows with more diversity. Eventually they did but of course by then the network was already in full swing. BET sucks and receives criticism from the Afircan American community all the time

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

Good points and thanks for not going racist with this as its trying to trickle that way.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamAnt

wait a minute though the author compared lil wayne to charles manson. Can we agree that that is a little bit of a stretch?? I mean I still agree with the mian point though.

and you know that alot of other races watch BET other then jusl black people. and last time I heard I thought BET is owned buy a white person is it not?? ATS fact checkers we need you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join