It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye USofA and Hello "La Republica del Norte."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d6531564ca6.gif[/atsimg]

Not that many years ago a University of New Mexico Chicano Studies professor predicts a new, sovereign Hispanic nation within the century, taking in the Southwest and several northern states of Mexico.

encompassing all of California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and southern Colorado, plus the northern tier of Mexican states: Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León and Tamaulipas.

Along both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border “there is a growing fusion, a reviving of connections,” Truxillo said. “Southwest Chicanos and Norteño Mexicanos are becoming one people again.”

Truxillo, 47, has said the new country should be brought into being “by any means necessary,” but recently said it was unlikely to be formed by civil war. Instead, its creation will be accomplished by the electoral pressure of the future majority Hispanic population in the region, he said.

Truxillo - eleven, Chiapas, and La Republica Del Norte
This is the group that is working toward the formation of La República del Norte, which by the year 2080 – a mere 75 years from now – will be an autonomous ...Maybe sooner with the way everything is falling apart in the southwest and northern Mexico???

Still it's not just talk
these guys are working on creating "La Republica del Norte."
don't laugh... Hispanic people are the fastest growing segment of our population, easily out numbering all other ethnic groups... someday soon they will be the new majority
edit on 13-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Wonder why they left out Las Vegas? We got the bulk of what left Arizona last year

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Not going to happen......well...anytime soon.

Maybe after a catastrophy of gigantic proportions.

Our army would probably destroy the place before that would happen..

Hmm within a century though, who knows.

edit on 7/13/2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
Wonder why they left out Las Vegas? We got the bulk of what left Arizona last year

Maybe they knew about lake mead????
historic low water levels at the lake are threatening to let the desert reclaim LV and cut off 60% of the water supply to the LA basin... No one would want it then

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I agree. My only hesitation is that I think the Northern half of California and the Eastern half of Texas might avoid such a thing.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Okay so lets say this is all just academic...

But you got to admit social pressures and a government in obvious disarray...
creates a ripe atmosphere for these kinds of session ideas ya know...
Maybe if there enough descenders????

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
I agree. My only hesitation is that I think the Northern half of California and the Eastern half of Texas might avoid such a thing.

I don't know...
an offer to start afresh...
get away from big brother and set your own destiny... writing your laws...
that's all pretty attractive when you think about it... might be more states then we think willing to jump aboard

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Does anyone here REALLY think Texas will become part of another country? Hell, they'll become their OWN country first.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

You know, you have an excellent point there. I didn't think about that. And with their size and resources, they could probably pull it off pretty well.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Again I'm not so sure Texas wouldn't join..
there already is this consortium of western energy producing states that include OK and KS... as well..
given the need for other comedies and services as well I think most rational leaders would think long and hard about the benefits to joining as opposed to trying to go it alone.... Of course this is Texas were talking about so undoubtedly they would want the new Capital to be there... at the very least..
edit on 14-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Hmm, I am unsure how well that would go over, with the problems with the gangs and the drug wars it may cause a lot of problems, American citizens living there already may move northward, just look how much Quebec wants to separate though they haven't been able to but were very close in 1991 or 1992.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by gncnew

Again I'm not so sure Texas wouldn't join..
there already is this consortium of western energy producing states that include OK and KS... as well..
given the need for other comedies and services as well I think most rational leaders would think long and hard about the benefits to joining as opposed to trying to go it alone.... Of course this is Texas were talking about so undoubtedly they would want the new Capital to be there... at the very least..
edit on 14-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

I don't know. I think that the Original Texans fought for the Alamo not for the US, but for the Mexican People.

Texas, splitting away, may be the needle and thread needed to create such a place. Think Texas as "In Charge".

new topics

top topics

join