It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS Censoring too much?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by EspyderMan
Remove my posts all you want, censor everyone.

Be careful that your intensely jerking-knee doesn't hit you in your jaw, knock you out, and require a visit to the dentist to repair your teeth.

I am trying to open your mind some to understand what this place truly is.

Oh... so you're an expert on what AboveTopSecret.com truly is... do tell.

So my questions are just jokes to you are they?

I've got my answer. Thanks for the insight. I truly hope someday people learn how to control less and lead more.
Leaders gain respect. Dictators get toppled. It is not a threat but an observation of truth. Don't be a dictator.
edit on 13-7-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I dont think its censorship, i find sometimes they are a little too quick to jump in on someone's thread, move it or stop it or delete. I seen this afew times in the News Threads. deleteing and stoping threads of people with the breaking of the news. And keeping a regular members threat that came much later on and disregarding the other threads who started it. but that's not ats, its down to afew of the moderators.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Do you believe what anonymous is saying?

If it really is anonymous and that's a big if, no.

How do you make such an assumption? Why aren't other videos there fakes too?

From what I have seen, threads are closed if they turn into a circus or if it goes against the T&C. No real good reason ?? Riiiiiiiight....

Hmm the OP of this topic links to a new item detailing the video and it's title. It has been closed.
What was the reason that is was closed? I get this link to a rant but thats about it, doesn't explain that situation clearly at all.

Defending something good always turns out right, defending the bad gets you nothing but more trouble. Admitting mistakes goes a long way to gaining respect from those who've lost it.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The invitation was a mutual benefit, if we all weren't here participating this place would not exist. A web site is not a home and to equate it as such is truly horrible logic.

We are scratching each others backs here. Why bury a video from anonymous that mentions ATS censorship? Gimme one good reason, and don't play the "it cant be anonymous someone must of hacked them" because that is a theory not fact.
If the video is a joke we will see it when watched and can comment accordingly. Closing the topic and removing it from ever being popular smacks of censorship pure and simple.

did you even read the thread? there where MANY warnings that the terms where being violated, those warnings where not heeded. the thread was closed due to that fact. The thread is still there and the information within still available to read...how is that censorship?

SO is right to remove defamatory posts re: this site. Could you walk into any business and start yelling about how you don't agree with their policies and not be ejected from that business? SO has shown a lot of restraint and balanced thinking by closing the thread yet allowing the thread to stand.

my analogy of being invited into a home is exactly right, only one that could possibly say that it is inaccurate would be one of the three amigos. since it is their site and how they view the content is the only measure that matters.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

The post i linked has no such warning visible, I just scanned it again to be sure I wasn't dreaming and as usual, I wasn't!

Think you are in a different thread entirely. Try clicking the link in my first post.

And I disagree with your analogy entirely. Their is mutual benefit for all of us being here, as a reader I get content, as a site owner they gain monetary value.
When i visit someones home, that is not the case.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Asked, and answered.

ATS is not, never was, and will not censor the discussion of the actions of "Anonymous."

top topics

<< 1   >>

join