It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul...Is gold money?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
First time creating a post and embedding a video hope everything is right. I do believe gold is money if someone wanted to buy something from me in gold I would take it. But the look on Bernanke face was just to priceless.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Snf my friend
Lol at Bernanke saying that they don't spend and Ron Paul caught him HA
That's saddening, because who else would do this much for the people after he is no longer in congress?

You why the U.S. is in big trouble?
Because of negativity, that's why the U.S. is in such big trouble

All I read and hear is people saying Ron Paul is great but he'll never get elected instead of Ron Paul is great Let's GET HIM Elected!
You don't believe in it then stop complaining about how bad the world is and just accept it, because as far as actions is concerned you are very much letting it happen.

It's difficult to do something though, start a rally organize events this and that, time and money.
But it costs you nothing to vote for what is right and spread only positive messages, you are posting/talking anyhow, might as well spread positivity.

There is so much wrong with the people, they have been broken
Do you consider yourself broken? If so stop spreading the infection, some have awoken from apathy

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
yes gold is just as good as money, IMO.

but go ron paul cut that 1.3 trillion! show the fed whos boss.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Awesome. "Is gold money?" "...... No?" sock it to em RP. You'd have my vote if I lived in the states

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Of COURSE it's money. It's not currency, but it's money. I would accept it any day over Bernanke's version of our dollar!

I wonder what Bernanke was doing in economics class on the day they discussed that. Not paying attention that's for sure.

I would even go further and say the steak panini I am currently eating--at least the part that didn't just drip on my keyboard--is money. How I know: My cat would trade me at least half of her kitty toys for this panini no doubt!

Ron Paul: True American, Man of Ethics. GO RON!!!
edit on 13-7-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Bernanke dumbfounded again by Dr. Paul logic it amazes me how many people still do not realize this guy is the only hope we have of turning our government around from the inside. I can only hope his campaign is huge and people get out and learn more about him.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
haha Bernakes face was a picture when Paul mentioned the gold....and the diamonds haha...." they are a tradition " haha

No...they stole it from the people and kept it for the elite!

Wasnt the Fed founded in 1913, with the intention of it only lasting 100 years?? Times almost up...and cant you just tell

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

He is another puppet...if he did get office...wait and see how long it is until he back peddles and starts bowing down to whoever really runs the show. Things dont change, the system is there to make you believe you have a choice in who runs your country.

Here in the UK its Whitehall that run things....Cameron and Clegg are just faces, hence Clegg went back on EVERYTHING he said

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by txraised254

That looked to be an awkward moment for Bernake when Dr. Paul asked, "Is gold money?"

(Long pause) "No. Gold is a precious metal."

Thanks for posting this video. It took me a while to stop laughing.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So is my 20$ gold coin from 1899 20$ or what one oz is 1580$, it does weigh an oz can it be both? think it is both the real value is 20$ the market vale in oz of gold 1580$ the collector coin value over 2000$ i say it is still a 20$ gold piece ok i looked it up not a true oz but what the hay, www.thegoldcoinstore.com...
edit on 13-7-2011 by bekod because: added link

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Oh I have no doubt about that, he has my vote but I don't think it will make a difference our government is all an illusion. But I still vote hope the cogs turn while preparing for a SHTF situation. I think the bigger picture is just how unstable the economy is and that situation could happen sooner than we think.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It is more constitutional money than the paper the federal reserve hands us.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Yeah I want to know why all the working class didn't get $17,000 a piece. I could have paid off every bill I had and some. It probably would have put companies with a lot of bad assets back into good standing. All we hear is trickle down, I think some trickle up economics would have been a better choice, if we just had to spend money.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

"Why don't they hold Diamonds?"

"Well... Its Tradition.."

may day! may day!

Skipper Bernanke of the S.S. Failboat Reserve is going down...

cant believe he said that.. you know we are in serious trouble with the Federal Reserve Chairman thinking along those lines...
edit on 13-7-2011 by reeferman because: shocked

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Awesome! I love how in the final moments RP had a nice, big "I gotcha now, #" on his face.
Those few ending seconds made my day! I'd give that man a standing ovation if I was there. Lets get this man the oval office job shall we?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Doesn't Ron Paul ask a variation of this question to Bernanke every time they're in this position? It gets mighty tiresome... I really feel for Bernanke. He has to sit there quietly (which he does everytime) and listen to Paul ask long winded leading questions - often its more a lecture with a rhetorical question on the end.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Harro

I ran out of time to edit, so sorry for the double.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by txraised254
First time creating a post and embedding a video hope everything is right. I do believe gold is money if someone wanted to buy something from me in gold I would take it. But the look on Bernanke face was just to priceless.

even little kids know that gold is money.

the only good financial news about the last ten years, is that "money" now is just an electronic "enter".
as the USA "prints" money, the rest of the world has to keep up, and the trillions multiply.
not to mention the trillions "$" of corporate IOU that are considered assets.

if all these trillions were paper, there would be no trees left on Earth, and no cotton for t shirts and levis.
so lets be grateful for the computer.

the money being spent on the financial sector was partially to temporarily save the pension plans, by saving the stock market.

comparison:
you find a dog covered by flees and ticks, can barely walk.
the vet gives the pooch many blood transfusions, but does not address the parasite problem.

either you find a new vet, or the pooch is doomed.

of course, Bernake & Co, would give the dog another trillion $ transfusion.

and the Congress will not pass the laws(medicine) needed to end the infestation.

i like what Ron has to say,and will most likely vote for him in the primary, there is one thing that worries me.

the Republican's, no new taxes basically means that corporate welfare will continue to be.
the lobbyist continue to run Washington, the criminals Wall Street.

where would Ron find honest people to run the government, and how would he get anything honest past the Republican Congress?
they look like they have all sold out to special interest groups.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Got him stupified! Go Paul!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Gold/Silver are a real money.

Value of money is inside the money.

I will give you an example.

Let consider, before 20 years back we could have bought horse in $1000. And we have asked our wife 20 years back to put $1000 under the pillow for 5 years and we go out in themarket we may buy a donkey. Another 5 years we may buy goat and another 5 years we may left with chicken.

So paper/electronic money is not a real money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join