It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curse the evil japaneese fads!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
A few of you already know what kind of piss sh1t I'm talking about... watching tv, and people bother to waste commercial time for garbage... Yugioh this, pokemon that... pikachu hit me with a whiffle ball bat.

Dealing with mass production of a product can go too far... then the little bitty peoples ask us to buy them all of it! Before you know it, you've shot 3, $400 in less than 2 months, on some garbage.

They waste my time with this damned Yugioh movie coming out now... well, I ain't got a problem burning cards as long as I live. Plain pisses me off to see little people spending so much money into this garbage. You people want NWO. There it is. Poorly produced japaneese wannabe animation, in the form of bad anime, manga and stupid trading cards.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Amen to that!

I remember when I thought pokemon were cool. I think it was grade 5 or 6. Ughh that was horrible.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree. I mean I've always been interested in Japanese culture (Speak it alright) but this crap pisses me off. I mean first, the anime's that were mass marketed were just BAD. Now networks come along, adopt, and ruin GOOD anime. I'm not into anime as much as I used to be, but it still pisses me off.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

There's your damn yugioh cards...

95% Kitten slaying abilities

This garbage should be burned and fired at Pluto er something... it's just plain horrible. I'm being forced to sit through a marathon of the garbage... I have to put up with it, because of my cousins.

*sets fire to cards* who wants to join me?
:bnghd:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Cant stand Pokememom or that other thing digimon the bloody things are every where:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I don't think I EVER understood/liked any of that crazy stuff. I always thought it was monsters fighting each other, but not the good kind of monsters. The lame kind.

Since you're on the topic of Japanese fads, remember those Tomagotchi things? Those things were nuts. They were all over the place for about 3 months, and then they were gone forever.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
What's sad is that these movies get like $1.2 bil, at least the first week er something. Then it's everywhere... then a new one comes out, before you know it, there's 600 movies.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Well, they won't last very long ... after all, look what happened to the Furby

Furby Autopsy

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well the crap has been going on for over 5 years now, Furby lasted only a year or so, thank God.

The Japs must never be allowed to advertise their products in America or Canda, and anywhere els, ever again.:bnghd:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Pokemon was the worst EVER. All my friends were into it...i burnt there cards the last time i saw them before I moved.

Anime is the worst Japanese fad right now...ALL Anime. Its the stupidest # ever.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Anime is the worst Japanese fad right now...ALL Anime. Its the stupidest # ever.

I will grant you most of it is bull #. But, not all of it is... Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Digimon, and everything else like Naruto, Zoids... crap like that... needs to die and go to hell.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo

I will grant you most of it is bull #. But, not all of it is... Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Digimon, and everything else like Naruto, Zoids... crap like that... needs to die and go to hell.

Nope..all of it. Iv even blocked your avatar cuz its the stupidest # ever. Japan should keep its # on there little #ing island.

[Edited on 16-8-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Whoa, F@$#. I disagree about Naruto. PLEASE don't group that with digimon, zoids... I haven't watched it in like a year, but last time I checked, it hasn't been destroyed yet. I only saw the Japanese ones, and it RULED. There was WAY too much violence, gore, and cussing for it to be grouped in with Zoids, or digimon....good lord!

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
::eye twitch:: N...a...r...u...t...o..! I'M GONNA KILL YEE! ::sob:: I like Naruto! Naruto ish kool!

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Yeah, some of the characters look a little generic, but if you really watch it it's really good.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I just don't get Japans obsession with teen homosexuallity is. o.o U see it all the time now. Like the naruto/sasuke part in Episode 3.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Yeah, I guess they just think it's funny haha.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
OK, fine, you still got about 500 animes that are #, dlm... your choice, you just don't have a place here then

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I have been out of circulation for some time, that is one of the reasons. I know that some of the titles I am about to mention are probably going to be flamebait, but they are the few I think that actually deserve true merit.
Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Robotech, Armitege the 3rd, and Pet Shop of Horrors.
Tenchi was ok.. a bit campy at times (the first movie was a lot better than the shows imho)
As far as American Adult animation goes, the original Heavy Metal movie still rocks in my book. (The mag was awesome, I dunno what happened to it though
)

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Tenchi all the way. Tenchi was good. And yes, I also agree that the movies were better than the show at times.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join