It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell debris tested - - Not from Earth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I started a new thread on this yesterday. It seems to have disappeared. An intriguing story of new metallic debris found at the site of the alleged Roswell, New Mexico UFO crash of July, 1947. The debris has reportedly been tested in a recognized laboratory. The results show, among other things, an anomalous ratio of two different isotopes of magnesium, not found on Earth. Further testing to confirm these results is contemplated in the near future. If the initial result is confirmed, UFOolgy will, it seems, be a whole new ball game. link to article: www....(nolink)/test-confirms-roswell-debris-733/
edit on 13-7-2011 by Ross 54 because: (no reason given)

STARTING A NEW THREAD: PLEASE READ!

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on July 13th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

if you do not have evidence all you will accomplish is the angering of the staff of ATS, by repeat posting of the same thread after it is removed. Please show us the evidence to this

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by locololo
reply to post by Ross 54

if you do not have evidence all you will accomplish is the angering of the staff of ATS, by repeat posting of the same thread after it is removed. Please show us the evidence to this

The article holds lots of "facts", nothing to compare with and not peered reviewed from what I see. Did you read the link or just assume something?
I don't see a problem with this post, its fascinating and I hope to learn more.

Thanks for posting this.
edit on 13-7-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by locololo

I think that's pretty damn interesting. As I don't study chemistry or anything like that, it would be hard for me to say anything.

But it could be from anything, how does he categorically know its not from Earth?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Link to article containing evidence included in revised post, before reading your response. I hope that my momentarily forgetting to include this link did not cause offense. I *did* include the link when I started this thread yesterday. Ross
edit on 13-7-2011 by Ross 54 because: added information

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

I read your article and your post yesterday and I couldn't see a connection between what you claimed the article said, and what the article actually presented, even after reading it five times to find what you were talking about. This post has less information and doesn't discuss really anything extra nor does it provide further information on the article so I wouldn't expect it to last long either.

Speaking of the article, it seems relatively wordy and typical of UFO investigations as it presents "results" with less than ideal evidence and a subpar explanation of said evidence. I dont buy anything the article presents.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Seems overly sensationalist. A small piece of aluminum, found in the desert, displaying minor attributes which are atypical of normal aluminum, so it must be "not from earth?"

Sure.

I suppose the probability that it's debris from some unknown campsite left behind in the past 40 years is out of the question... right?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well found, nice article can,t wait to see the results of the further tests, leave off debunkers
Till this has been completed! Star and flag from me

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It turned out to be an aluminum, silicon, manganese, copper alloy. It is not unknown, but it is used in construction and not usually found in a foil form.

Another important aspect of the material being aluminum and showing unearthly origins is that aluminum must be manufactured.

"either the lab made an analytical error or the material is not from Earth.”

Err.. am I missing something here?

Really?
edit on 13-7-2011 by beauty from pain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Article not peer-reviewed. A little early for that. This is still in the testing stage. If the initial results are confirmed, I'm sure the scientific establishment will have much to say about it in the peer-reviewed journals. Isotopes are slightly different forms of a chemical element. How much of one as against how much of another makes a ratio. Matter on Earth has unique isotopic ratios of various elements. Another planet will have different ratios. Meteorites have been analyzed and were found to have different ratios than Earth. The meteorites came from the asteroid belt. The Roswell sample checks out at about twice the difference from the usual earth ratio as a meteorite. Seems reasonable that it could be from ever farther afield, such as another solar system. Ross

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by locololo
reply to post by Ross 54

there is no evidence. the thread was removed I have seen this happen before here at cia central oops sorry ats. it seems certain topics discussed here are ABOVE TOP SECRET and therefore removed. but keep marching on, fight the good fight, get your message out there and in the end if you can't beat them join them. fight from within the matrix system we live in...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Wasn't this also a news story back in 2009? Roughly around this time of the year, too?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Well it could well be from another world so to speak....

Kimbler was able to find another lab with multiple certifications willing to do the work. The UFO Museum put up the money, and the results were back in five days. Kimbler says he almost fell over when he saw the information. The ratios were off, and as he puts it there were only two answers to explain the results, “either the lab made an analytical error or the material is not from Earth.”

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d888fffb8ee.jpg[/atsimg]

A chondite is a type of meteorite and since it does not originate from Earth does not plot on the line. The Roswell AH-1 alloy plots way of the line. The AH-1 plot is an anomaly that is either an analytical error or the material is not from Earth. More testing is needed to verify the data to see if it is an error or its from another world.

OP Source

So if further testing does show that the results contained no errors then there is a chance that these may be fragments from 'outer space' - a metorite or remants of one?

or...

With all the history surrounding the Roswell incident could you completly rule out the possibility aluded to in the OP?

edit on 13-7-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Seems overly sensationalist. A small piece of aluminum, found in the desert, displaying minor attributes which are atypical of normal aluminum, so it must be "not from earth?"
Sure.
I suppose the probability that it's debris from some unknown campsite left behind in the past 40 years is out of the question... right?

Aluminum as such is not found in a raw form, so a sample is going to display some manufacturing properties. Methods such as ion-exchange chromatography will show such properties. If aluminum is not made that way, it begs the question "Where is it from?"
Really...on a supposed UFO crash site, the OP's assertion is not that way out of line. In fact, it really falls into just the sort of thing we'd expect. So...more testing ought to be in order. Edit to add "peer reviewed' to the testing protocol.
edit on 13-7-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Kimbler was able to find another lab with multiple certifications willing to do the work. The UFO Museum put up the money, and the results were back in five days.

Which? Which lab? They mentioned the name of the first lab, but not the second?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see if the other lab test he has lined up support the first lab test. Its nice to find somebody actually doing research on something.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Interesting read. I'm curious about whether or not this means anything related to aliens though. I'm curious what will happen with this. I was thinking maybe the metal could've been altered in some way to accomplish something in a test aircraft of earth origin but according to further research the isotopic composition changes absolutely nothing about the majority of elements from a production standpoint. I'm not sure how accurate the results were. I guess time will tell.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Aluminum as such is not found in a raw form, so a sample is going to display some manufacturing properties. Methods such as ion-exchange chromatography will show such properties. If aluminum is not made that way, it begs the question "Where is it from?"

Oh well... then it must be from outer space!

Really...on a supposed UFO crash site, the OP's assertion is not that way out of line.

Sure it is, and it's a disgrace to the notion of UFO research to suggest that a small piece of a (known) version of aluminum, in the desert, decades after the reported crash could be extraterrestrial in origin.

It could be bits from an aluminum cookware set designed for camping, left in the fire too long decades ago.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
There is no evidence that such a thing as an aluminum-alloy meteorite exists. In any case, the debris appears to be in very thin pieces, and layered. Does not appear much like a meteorite. If the initial lab results are confirmed by others, we will, of course, need to learn which labs were involved, and that they concur that the results were as claimed. The fact that a similar alloy may exist on Earth is not of the essence. It is the isotope ratio that will decide the matter of the sample's origin. Ross

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join