It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Researchers Want Fat Kids Taken from Their Homes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
All I can say is that if such a thing is to be done, it will depend on the individual case. As always is done in cases of child abuse or neglect.

There are numerous reasons why one can be fat and not all are caused by over eating. This is something that should and most likely will be taken into account.

Honestly, it is pointless for them to say, because if a parent is allowing/making their kids to eat so much that it is abusive, or what have you, then CPS should be called anyway.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by SirMike

Foster homes are a horrible place in most cases to raise a child...I have seen first hand some of the conditions of said homes and a good portion of them are horribly fit to take care of children but because there are few people doing it...most of them do it because it's a nice paycheck each month...horrible idea...talk about intrusive and christ how traumatic would this be to anyones child here that someone comes in and takes them away...how the hell can anyone agree with that...

..."takes them away (because they are fat)." That will give the kids a complex if nothing does, not to mention an eating disorder.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I would like to see the part of the article where they advocate obese children be removed from their home. I clicked on the article and could only read some of it without signing up to read the rest but I did not see any quotes in this thread from the article about that. I would very much like to read the actual text.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hell I'm all for it! But, why stop there, we could do so much more. Why not gather up the stupid ones too; they have plenty of potential to be a drain on the state? Obviously bad grades in school could be tied to bad parenting, so we should get them away from their moron parents. Maybe we could make a case for ugly kids as well. Surely they won't have the earning potential of attractive children, so the state could take them away from their ugly parents and gussy 'em up.

I'll have to think of some more but what a fantastic start for a healthier, smarter, and prettier state! After all, the state does know best!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
County agencies and the states don't have that kind of money to put all the obese kids into foster care. They hardly want to put the ones into foster care that really need to. They come up with programs that encourage just the opposite to save money. Only the most severe cases do they remove kids from the home, and then they try to place with relatives. I only say this because I worked for social services and have some firsthand knowledge of how the system works.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join