It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Califiornia to be the 51st state???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com... from the link

51st state? Small step forward for long-shot 'South California' plan
now of all things , you think it would be a state like Texas but CA??? to split in two, what they do not want to wait for the big one. if this passes then CA will be 52nd state north, south, and west CA when the big one hits. yea ok so i am poking fun at not a so fun event, but hay this is CA.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
California has been considering splits since it's inception. Up here in the north the top the state and the bottom of Oregon was all set to split off and become the state of Jefferson a long time ago.

Actually, in some ways it might be a good idea. If the state can't be run efficiently as a whole, perhaps parts of it may be able to become solvent and fair if run locally.

If south breaks away from north maybe we can just keep our water and actually grow crops instead of filling up Hollywood swimming pools.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by czygyny

but then if the south says we need the water for the industrial complex , the silicon valley, and swing pools, not to forget the Orange and Veggy crops what will the north do?

edit on 13-7-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

There is no easy solution to a situation where humans are trying to live in a drought-prone if not downright desert-y strip of land. No easy solution at all--other than devote a lot more interest and attention to desalination of seawater, of which there is an abundance and create a means to keep some small, but environmentally important, delta-dwelling fish out of the irrigation pumps that feed the Great Valley and feed much of this nation, if not a chunk of the world.

The argument of the over (or not) population of humans aside...we're also coming to realize that when we disrupt the wetlands by draining them and pump natural reserviors dry we 'shoot ourselves in the collective foot' by upsetting a delicate natural balance along the whole west coast where regular rainfall is a rare thing.

Yet, as a hobby farmer who depends on stored, channeled, delivered water for my own livelihood, I see even on a tiny scale the heartache of being denied life-giving water to make the ground come alive that is being suffered on a huge scale in California right now.

Nope, no easy answer at all.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
i agree with you i too have seen the green fields turn brown , SUWP CUP and one other failed water project , something to with the green river, all going out of the state of Utah to other states, to fill swing pools, fountains, and the industry , golf courses, and the green grass of mansions , not one drop went to the crop fields, and they say they need more, let them eat turf then, drink from there chem filled fountains, (dyes and other additives,) and chew on there golf balls.
edit on 13-7-2011 by bekod because: editting

new topics

top topics

join