It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Gunrunner Tied Directly to President Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Good point. I'm not so sure who's interests the NRA really has in mind. It seems that they often find a compromise with the government. There should be no room for compromise when dealing with our rights.

ETA: A compromise as it pertains to our rights, is just a baby-step towards oppressing that right.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Holder is history. This was all reported last weekend and I guess most people did not notice? When I first heard it the reporter was taking the cue from it that Holder will pay the price. He needs to go anyway. We need a real AG not prone to be a puppet. Any President having control over Justice is simply wrong on it's face. In this case it is worse than usual.

AG should be a Career position with Congressional oversight anyway. It is incredibly stupid it is not.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
star and flag op
2nd line this info needs to get out

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
So imagine this scenario: Holder gets the finger pointed at him. Mexico does its own 'extraordinary rendition' and Holder wakes up tied to a chair in a Mexican interrogation cell. I'm pretty sure Mexico's 'enhanced interrogation techiques' are a bit different from ours. And Holder starts singing like a bird...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
I just wanted to post a comment from Bmartin1776, on the link in your OP. It isn't the first time I've seen these statistics but I'm in complete agreement of what is being said:

Again this is all an attempt by the regime to make 2nd Amend & gun owners be the bad guys so they can reign in new gun laws. Oh wait no new laws just executive orders coming from Emperor Obama. Gun owners & the 2nd Amendment are in the way of his agenda in fulfilling the fundamental transformation of America.

Someone explain to me and others why the actions of the ATF. DOJ and more than likely by the direction from the oval office(as the vid suggests) is not a treasonous act? Or could their actions be defined by Congress under Article 3 Sec 3 as treasonous as they have done in the past with those committing sedition and espionage. This is how it starts kids...

-In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 mil dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up & exterminated.
-In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 mil Armenians, unable to defend themselves,were rounded up and exterminated.
-Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939-1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
-China established gun control in 1935. From 1948-1952, 20 mill political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated
-Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up and EXTERMINATED in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million

But those statistics are from countrys with a history of violent leaderships
The UK for example had slowly put more restrictions on firearms from 1903 up till 1968. And as far as i know people wern't rounded up. The same with a few other 1st world countrys.

edit on 13-7-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by jibeho

Holder is history.
.... Any President having control over Justice is simply wrong on it's face. In this case it is worse than usual.

AG should be a Career position with Congressional oversight anyway. It is incredibly stupid it is not.

Thanks for the point Blaine, and I too wondered what statutory authority repugnant to
the Constitution declares both the Solicitor General and AG for the US, (obviously Judicial),
to be a member of the Cabinet (Executive)? Always had been confused about that until the
noticed obvious convenience for the POTUS being able to call down the hall to bust somebody.
With that and "appointing" the Supreme Court Justices almost with impunity (gotta admit W.,
Harriet Mears WAS kinda lame, even for you), it's almost like the Executive Branch is
controlling the law interpreting process as well as enforcement. Separation of Powers are
turning more Twilight Calzone every minute. And it seems the law is obviously being colored
up to suit the agenda of whatever flavor the Executive Branch determines is appropriate.
And this is beginning to taste like borscht. I'm going back for some sour cream, this sucks.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Take a look at the following link. It related to this thread. Thanks!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

All governments eventually go bad. It is only a matter of how much time. Look back in history. When they do, the people always pay.

For better or for worse, guns exist. As long as they do, it is no human being's right to take away another human being's right to defend themselves.

Who has killed more people than the governments of the world? Are they not just people too? Why should they be allowed to have any weapon they choose while the rest of us cannot?

I am a free man. Nobody rules over me. I don't want someone else to defend me. I want the right to defend myself. I will have it.
edit on 15-7-2011 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I believe that The New York Times, wrote that Operation Gunrunner, was concieved and started up by W. Bush administration.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
I believe that The New York Times, wrote that Operation Gunrunner, was concieved and started up by W. Bush administration.

1. Don't doubt it.
2. Still, without a link and/or proof, it falls squarely back on Lord Obama
3. Even if true, Obama has taken the reigns and could have stopped it.
4. Not everything is the fault of Bush, unlike what most Obama supporters will parrot.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

Gunrunner began back in 2005 under Bush and Fast and Furious was born in 2009 under Obama. GR was designed to help the Mexican govt. by using the E-trace system. F&F began under Holder and Obama as essentially a sting operation. The mission was simple on paper: attract straw-purchasers intent on running firearms south, track them to the US/Mexico border arrest them and seize the firearms. Sounds like a classic sting.

Now we know way more about this "under the radar" approach under the advisement of Obama's administration. This will play out very poorly for Obama. I thanky my lucky stars for the 4 agents who exposed this operation for what it was. 2500 weapons sold illegally!!! in an effort to discredit law abiding gun dealerships and to open up a gun grab operation by Obama's henchmen.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Debt ceiling talks = wag the dog event?

Maybe in response to the heat from ATF Project Gunrunner?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Given the daily revelations and evidence that this scandal is uncovering how can it not be on the nightly news everyday? How can none of the morning news shows even mention it? Nobody was killed for Watergate or Whitewatergate or Travelgate or Monicagate but all were major stories for quite a while and all but one resulted in actions taken. Two even led to impeachments. But smuggling guns to drug cartels and the subsequent murder or federal agents and civilians just goes ignored? WTF man. WTF. Seriously. WTF.

Thisguy, you said it. But yet Bill Clinton gets a blow job and we were subjected to 24-hour coverage. This says something about how controlled our media has become.

To the OP: Clearly there are ties with Obama to Project Gunrunner. But for sake of argument, it's really Operation Fast and Furious that's been the problematic event. I would imagine that Obama will still say he didn't know about Op. F&F because it's a separate operation, even though it's under the umbrella of Project Gunrunner. I would imagine that the president isn't informed of every single operation that the FBI, DEA, CIA, ATF or any given ABC agency are involved in on a daily basis. I personally think he was well aware of Fast and Furious because it was clearly a large-scale false flag operation intended to impose gun laws, but I'llI bet he's gonna use the excuse that I have mentioned here to try to get himself out of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join