It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "Life in a Day" (2011 movie) deliberately made to be a time capsule incase of mass extinction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Life In A Day is a historic global experiment to create the world's largest user-generated feature film: a documentary, shot in a single day, by you.

en.wikipedia.org...(2011_film)

The movie is first of its kind - It depicts various people around the people filming themselves on what they would normally do in a day (only those who could afford cameras).
The movie is obviously biased as it leaves out the damage done to people by big multinationals, effects of corrupt governments on the people and all the other various factors which would no doubt make this the type of film not to be released to the general public!
Its just a film on how life should be like - how the power-hungry elite want it to stay like.

So my theory is: Could this film basically be a sort of intended time capsule for future generations due to an imminent mass extinction we don't know about?
I don't mean to sound paranoid, but recently Hollywood just keeps adding hints on UFOs, fringe theories, conspiracies, doomsdays, alien contact in their movies - whether they be some sort of subliminal messages or just for entertainment, I don't know. But when you take movies like "The Long Kiss Goodnight" which predicted the events 9/11 five years before it happened, it can't be just coincidence.

I don't mean to sound paranoid but this is just a theory anyways.
Its probably an outlandish claim, but hey, this is ATS

edit on 13-7-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Did 'The Long Kiss Goodnight' predict 9/11? Or are TPTB trying to send a message to people, to tell them the answer lies within a movie, to let them know what is coming, without actually causing mass panic?

It all depends on what perspective, what angle, you view the world from. TPTB are not all evil control freaks, despite what some might think.

st.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Who knows? But If you think The Long Kiss Goodnight predicted 911 you'll love the simpsons effort.

I'm not a believer in that 911 was predicted, FYI. Just thought the OP would love this.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

All i can say is, don't read too much into movies.

There was a great documentary released last year that really goes far past any type of ELE but in all seriousness i think it comes to down to entertainment value from producer's etc.

If i am wrong i will be happy to admit it when and if the times comes but untill then i say don't read to much into TV or Movies because it all comes down to speculation.

Although i don't want to be completly negative, so thanks for the movie review/link
and for reference if your interested this is the doco - Life After Humans - it's actually quite amazing to show how easily all traces of humans will be erased by the Earth after only 1000 years.

I sometime's use it when i am discussions about the possibility of previous civilisations on Mars
but that is a whole other discussion.....

This isnt the best quality version but i wanted to embed, so sorry but it is still worth watching

edit on 13-7-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

hi sir im onto part 4
so far bloody excellent
so many things i didnt think of in a shtf scenario
e.g pets
cheers m8
much enjoyed
regards
dave
edit on 13-7-2011 by davesmart because: grammar

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I think the film is simply the inevitable product of a media-obsessed society in which Mr and Mrs Average can upload a video from their mobile phones and webcams and share their lives with a large, effectively global audience. I am looking forward to seeing this film, however.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Yeah it's a great doco and something 'outsode the box' of the norm. I loved it and i'm happy to see others do as well.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I know this is a conspiracy website, but I really don't think it is a time capsule as it can't capture everything that happens around the globe...

The film itself is a unique way of documenting everyday activities around the globe and would act more of a global census!

It is such a wonderful idea and I applaud the director Kevin Macdonald
edit on 13-7-2011 by Theoretician because: Alter a sentence

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
So my theory is: Could this film basically be a sort of intended time capsule for future generations due to an imminent mass extinction we don't know about?
I don't mean to sound paranoid, but recently Hollywood just keeps adding hints on UFOs, fringe theories, conspiracies, doomsdays, alien contact in their movies - whether they be some sort of subliminal messages or just for entertainment, I don't know. But when you take movies like "The Long Kiss Goodnight" which predicted the events 9/11 five years before it happened, it can't be just coincidence.

I don't mean to sound paranoid but this is just a theory anyways.
Its probably an outlandish claim, but hey, this is ATS

edit on 13-7-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

This film is not a time capsule. In the event of an extinction level event, films/DVDs and digital media will not survive, much less any device designed to play them.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Glass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

TPTB are not all evil control freaks, despite what some might think.

Do you speak from experience? And do you have any sources for that statement?

________________________________________________________________________________________
Casius Ignoranze

On topic: It's Ridley Scott. That explains a lot right there. Just seems like something he might do.

As to movies foreshadowing real events. I believe Hollyweird has been used in this way. Its the perfect medium for it. They can tell you all kinds of things in a fictional film they would never tell you otherwise. And as Havick007 said, "it all comes down to speculation." Of course it does. Thats what makes it a perfect medium.
edit on 7/13/2011 by Klassified because: reframe

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Do you speak from experience? And do you have any sources for that statement?

Yes I do. And yes I do. Common sense and logic.

Sources = Humans. We are not all evil control freaks, ergo not all of TPTB will be evil control freaks.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Although your thread got me thinking and i think the most obvious time capsule is right in front of you.

The Internet - although it relies on different servers, users and computers world wide, if someone had enough space and the right scripting or program they could probably index and archive the entire internet.

It take an enormous amount of space but it could be done.

top topics

join