It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Democrats lose in Wis. primary recalls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — All six fake Democrats lost to Democrats supported by the party in primaries Tuesday that are the first in a series of recall elections targeting nine Wisconsin state senators for their positions on Republican Gov. Scott Walker's divisive union rights restrictions.

The winners advance to take on incumbent Republicans targeted for recall on Aug. 9.

Im not too knowledgable on the Wisconsin political system, but does this mean the republicans are in trouble in Wisconsin?

The state Republican Party orchestrated the placement of the fake Democrats on Tuesday's ballot, thereby delaying the general election for a month. That gave the Republican incumbents more time to campaign and distance themselves from the turmoil over the union law that they voted to support in March, spurring the recall efforts.

Five of the six winners had at least 65 percent of the vote, based on unofficial results. The sixth, Shelly Moore, had 54 percent.

How big is this for the state of Wisconsin?

The stakes are huge. If the Democrats gain three seats, they will take majority control away from the Republicans and be in a position to stop Walker and the GOP's agenda.

What are the chances of the Democrats winning? Atleast from reading this article, to me it looks like the Democrats have a good chance.

(BTW- I dislike the 2 party system, and dislike both parties)
edit on 13-7-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Funny how democrats destroyed the unions in Massachussets and another state but the MSM never spoke about it... and the unions never cared for it either.

It's only bad when the republicans do it apparently.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Does it make a difference which party wins?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Republicans are definitely in a fight for their life up in Wisconsin, no doubting that. They went for the jugular of the Labor Unions and knew exactly what the consequences of that would be. When they cast their vote in favor of the legislation it was an all-new ballgame. Scott Walker and his friends really hurt the Republican Party in Wisconsin where a real opening for GOP growth could have occurred.

Being an ideologue does not help anyone. Walker already had major concessions from Labor leaders and made this far worse than it could have been. No one would have been outraged by those concessions instead he went a giant leap further and cut the unions off at their knees. Now all the Wisconsin GOP can hope for is that the voters do not do the same to them.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I think it should be illegal to run a faux candidate. We know that both parties have done this, just to act as spoilers.

Both parties are running recall elections. But I have a feeling that the status quo will remain the same for now. And that there will be more investigations using state tax dollars and hindering state business.

I really want to move back to Wisconsin to be closer to family and it is quite a beautiful state. Great Hunting and Fishing as well. But as long as they keep doing *snip* like this, I won’t be going there any time soon.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I contend that liberals should be very afraid while looking at these results. When looking at these results, one has to remember that not a single one of the so called "fake" candidates were expected to do nearly as well as they did. Most of them did nothing more than get their names on the ballot to delay the election by a month, yet some of them took a respectable number of votes. Project this outcome with next months real elections in which republican candidates will actually be campaigning and running ads and I see real trouble for the liberals.

top topics

join