It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A part of my soul laid bare.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Seeing as my last OP was not met with the sense of humor I expected I guess I'll have to try again. I've spent the last day hashing out a rather long (7 page) essay. I wasn't sure if I wanted to share it or not because a lot of it is personal but I think its worthy to stand along side anything that's here. I want to start writing more again so this will serve as a good starting point for where I'll be going and what to expect but anyway I hope you'll enjoy.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

0:

Even if you subscribe to the most materialistic view of the universe and see us as merely souless machines; that does not mean there is anything stopping us from hacking the # out of it. After all if we are to be reduced to mere machines then we should strive to be the most efficient ones we can. What I want to talk about over the next while is this concept of Magickal practice as hacking and offer some argument to show how such practices can indeed have both dramatic and unexpected consequences.

If this truly is a new age then it is time for a new tradtion, one more suited to modern times. Just like the old ram was absorbed by the fish, the fish must now be swept away by water. Or something like that. It is better to stay away from the mystical and just say that an idea develops over time and must be redefined as it shapes our advancement.

The truth is an ever deepening vista of creation and as our vision changes so must the maps we use. If anything this age is going to be about consolodation of personal power, and by having finally regained a modicum of control over ourselves we will then naturally produce well defined and cohesive societies. Who knows, once we take the cap off of human potential maybe we'll even have peace. Such as society, though avoiding the trappings of ancient religion, will truly reflect what it is to be a God on the personal, national and planetary level.

I:

We know the Universe is made up of the precisely same things in varying arrangement. All life, everything around us and us are the same thing. Yet we have something special. A capability to identify as both other than and self. This is where we as individual thinking humans reside. It's not that something else is that and you are this, in truth there are neither. There is something that one accepts whilst rejecting another. We are what bares witness to and interprets it. This system is beautifully simply. It seems like there is choice of one or another when in fact we are playing both sides and merely interpreting a relationship to it. All this system requires is motion the rest are ripples.

It is an interplay of energy acting upon itself that we live in and observe. This energy creates us and the world around us, it is the foundation of experience that transcends what we observe as self and the material realm. We choose how to interact with it. It is very difficult to not equate this prime consciousness with divinity – or at least as close as our perception can get to it. And this is a very important point. We will have great difficulty getting anywhere as long as we still allow our personal beliefs to divide us. We are the cause of separation and anxiety amongst one another. Yes we are exposed to fear through media but ultimately it comes down to our interaction with our surroundings that is creating it. Its source and cessation is within us.

Eventually belief becomes a cage in which we are forced to act. While we're in it we can never exceed the limitations it imposes on us without suffering punishment from the prisons would be masters. Psychologically speaking of course. For this reason alone we should be very critical when assessing sources of information because what we accept and take in becomes a living part of us in a very real and definite sense. There is nothing wrong with identifying with a tradition and following that tradition but there is little point in placing allegiance if it has no baring over our inner life, if it offers us no way of peering beyond the veil and intelligently programming ourselves.

The real purpose of any form of faith or personal inquiry is to have a specific change upon ourselves. It is utterly fruitless to think that simply accepting something and allowing it to run rampant upon us is going to help. No change will come without being able to honestly take stock of your self, to do this you need a way of looking at everything, even temporarily, that removes any possible prejudice that may be attached to it. Nobody sees their own flaws, they see only the potential that can come of them. Nobody will allow you to avert them from disaster. No great one, not Jesus, not Buddha,not Mohamed, not even Tesla, found enlightenment or god by going out into the world. That was reserved for later when they had actually attained. In the same way for us it is this inner work that comes first.

I came to realize early on that it is the ordering of the inner house that is of critical importance. It is foolish to try and accrue security in the outer world if there is nothing within you that can retain it. Most people become lost in a flow of materialism for precisely this reason. They've accepted God and Jesus in the most material sense as if Christianity is some equivalent of a Prada handbag and merely paying lip service is enough to get one in. Although the higher forces may temporarily flow to them it will just as quickly run out and be lost. Yet a person with nothing of material value but has discovered something within that is of the greatest value, that is the man who will never want for anything. His is a cup that is always refilled. Its all about each of us getting to this place. We can still have anything but only when we have that value in us can we ever truly appreciate the real value of anything. So be better people then first, yeah? Cheers.

Really a perfectly harmonious world is just an expression of free and content people. A people allowed and encouraged to follow their wildest dreams until they attain to them. But this concept of a human is so utterly alien to us and our societies that we would likely murder or commit any such one who emerges. In our world we may not believe in psychic ability but we still spend all of our time convinced we know exactly how other people think. We need genius to be linear for it to have some hope of carrying us along. And that is all any of us ever want. We are all looking for a way – we just don't know what that way is yet. We grasp at things that can elevate our views and allow us those precious moments of clarity about ourselves. As if for that moment we are up there looking back at our selves in crystal clear quality.

So what if I was to tell you there is a way of entering into this experience at will. That you could bring all of the benefits of that state of mind into play in every aspect of your life. What if I told you that you can take complete control over your inner landscape and use it to gain knowledge faster than possible if undertaken in the real world? What if I told you right now that with patience you can enter fully into any experience or understanding with little more than a desire? I mean live it as if it were alive. What if I told you that you're doing all this right now and nobody ever told you? If I told you to get there you'd have to drop all ideas of God, Religion and Spirituality. You'd have to leave behind those precious grimmores and dusty old books you've mentally filed away. That you'd have to stand on your own two feet with your face directly to the light and act accordingly. Could you do it? I'd like to think so. But then again don't believe me, if I'm anything it's most likely the Devil.

You see underneath all of this mystic tradition there is always a man who by going inward and learning the operations of the mind, found buried within himself a hidden link to God. A part of the creator watching from behind his eyes all of the time. This experience utterly changes the person who enters into it, instantly elevating them beyond the sphere of life and death and shows them the great beyond, a heaven, that they may now enter into, consiously anyway. From that point onward the Mans very consciousness continues to reside in that abode regardless of how much longer his body remains upon the earth. I do not want to get into the realm of miracles or powers such a person would gain taking example from the Buddha that such things are distractions and should not be encouraged in any form.

I spent a lot of time looking into a lot of different traditions. Yet every time I came across some great aspirant this common theme took place. Everything they managed to enter into all came from this one seed. I do not know if they know, if I know, or indeed if any one knows – that this simple process is all it takes to find perfection, the effortless way, in any task. I reasoned that since so many seemed to have attained to a similar experience and understanding using a range of paths that it was not the dressings employed that were of import. It was the principal itself that was of value. It could be better dressed or redressed to promote natural alignments between mind and body. Still this same process occurs in Science and Arts when one is elevated to a geometry or expression far beyond their current one and find them selves scribing rather than creating, or reasoning backwards with the benefits of hindsight. No matter what we do it is this spark of consciousness temporarily elevating itself to us, showing us that there is more to us and this world. It sparks our curiosity to discover more and in doing so we discover more about it. It is the formless unlimited self, and we are but echoes and patterns living in the wake of its cause.

II

I want to talk a little bit about my own experience for a moment just to give you an example to get your head around. I've been trying to think of a way to introduce a foundation stone for this point for some time now and this seems to be the best way – although not completely without its flaws either. This is a critical point because a lot of what I will go onto talk about hinges from this point and if I do not describe it succinctly enough then nothing else will take on its proper relation. It would also mean that continuing this work would be utterly pointless but luckily for me, I like destroying mandalas more than I like creating them.

I've always held this philosophy of same I, different you. No matter what my mind tells me about my own importance it just doesn't make any sense to create isolated life here and there – rather that life is the prevailing condition of the Universe itself. For now I'm just a temporary conglomerate of influences I've been exposed to and have taken within myself. Even now as I write this I've had to clear myself of my normal stress and spend time focusing on this idea, allowing its forms to dance around me so I may extract ideas from it and in turn provide a clear description. It does not mean that which I have put aside has ceased to exist but just for now it has no influence over me. It's kind of like when you day dream – if you can imagine, becoming so immersed in a story that you totally enter into that experience. There is nothing unnatural about this.

During meditation I came to see that every time we enter into a thought consciousness splits. We divide in order to understand. Sometimes we forget how to come back together again, some times we come back completely changed for the experience. At first I tried to attack this problem head on using magickal symbolism. I thought that with enough focus on a desire, with the right archetypes invoked, with the right circles cast that I could load up my subconscious to execute the vision at a later point. While I did have a measure of success using this method it was still a very hit or miss affair. It pretty much came down to how much faith I personally had in the symbols – that seemed to be the determining factor regarding if an effect would come.

So I started experimenting again, this time using archetypes from within my own experience instead of angelic names, demonic entities or anything else. This time around I found the experiences much more consistent. I replicated everything I saw outside on the inside. Every person I knew became tied to a certain aspect of myself, every event I came across became intricately tied in with my own development. It took time to look at every one I knew and ask myself what they represented to me. What exactly was it that I saw within them? I also remember quite a few of my friends becoming quite uncomfortable and consequentially I lost a number of them.

Yet in time, little by little, I understood it and finally in those people I saw the balance of my own mind. I was able to see my frustration and its correlation inside me and work out my issues from the root cause. I was able to stop blaming others for suppressing me or causing me to fall down. And finally I was able to admit responsibility for the good and the horrible things I'd carried out.

Not only did this type of system make the work quite a bit easier after a while I developed this beautiful harmony between the outer and inner life. I didn't know where life started and the dream stopped. I remember that amazing time, when life became the path and everything was joined with purpose. In that time I really thought I had it. Spoiler warning: I did not. I'll remember that time fondly because it was the first time I'd really built something that worked. It allowed me to see myself by reflection and to take my first real steps towards gaining control over myself. As beautiful as that time was it still wasn't good enough.

From this I learned something else valuable though. That is man can not work upon himself directly. Instead he needs to be mediated by opposing forces and worked on indirectly if he is to ever become anything else. We have so much mania in this world because of people trying to force conscious control over their nature. We have people who cannot stop literally doing the strangest things because that is the first thing they have learned to take conscious exertion over. They are afraid to give up that power and so it festers into mania instead. What I managed to create allowed me to indirectly see the working of my mind and where excess emotion was building up I put it to an end.

The moment I realized that one can only observe themselves by reflection the entire game changed for me. It was a proverbial lightening bolt that awoke a much deeper understanding and presented a new scenario not without its own challenges. I now had a way of seeing but still lacked any understanding of the part of me responsible for seeing. I could observe the thoughts and discern a pattern to them but never could I uncover their source and that is the only place I really wanted to go.

Before I move on I want to give you a few quick examples you can use.

First take the quality you're looking to increase. For this example lets say Bliss for this example. Then you take a couple of situations from your life where you felt happy, the people and the scenes and run them over again in your mind. The point is not to focus on any one story or detail, multiple stories should be allowed to collide and you should loose yourself in the flow of events. Eventually you will become detached from your normal mind and if you can hold this state then you will have your experience. The story will occupy the normal mind and your awareness will gain the experience you seek.

The point of it is to give our operating consciousness a task that it can follow and eventually become lead automatically by. Stories and situations grounded in reality are good because the provide all of the components necessary to entrain the mind. One this consciousness has been side stepped then the other modalities of the mind will begin to open up. The mind that creates universes in our dreams is blocked here by this critical mind.

For all of you practicing magicians out there you should see your book of shadows in a whole new light. Every one should keep a book and fill it with their inmost thoughts – and never share it with anyone. This book will become rich with material for use at a later date depending on what exactly it is you want to occur. You will also be able to look within its pages and see how the play of forces are interacting within you – then you design rituals to manipulate from where you are to where you want to be.

Before leaving this chapter I want to say that this is a good practice and should be not only followed but utterly and completley enjoyed. Each one of us should play with the ability to look inside and see what we can make of our selves. No longer should we play victim to compulsion and psychic horrors laying at the borderlands of awareness when we have the tools and ability to make of our selves something so much better. Be playful and be free but see this freedom for others as well. If you feel stupid you're less likely to repeat something and ultimately you'll loose out.

Don't be afraid to try something different because it seems stupid. Stupid opens the path to understanding we know nothing and from that place and that place only can we ever truly move on.

III

So knowing that at every moment I am in my normal mind that I am all but blind does not sit well with me. Yes I can manipulate my consciousness to produce enlightening experiences if I want, hell I can even emulate the same feeling as I get after a few smokes of green. Nothing is off limits. But eventually it gets kind of boring. I think this is what creates the dark night. The gloss of new discoveries wears off when you know how the trick takes place and the wondrous becomes banal in a cruel twist of fate. The banquet had no flavor any more.

By stilling my mind and side stepping normal awareness I could be anywhere I wanted. I was free to do anything I pleased with my full faculties with me. But still I knew no matter what I created it was all an illusion. I wanted to know what was real. For a while I was stumped so I gave up. I didn't have a job to go back to so that kind of sucked and I spent the next 2 years alone engaged in a life or death fight with myself. It wasn't that I didn't have the means to do anything or the intelligence but I literally did not possess the spirit required for even the simplest of tasks.

In my head I just kept repeating it was all an illusion. I thought to myself regularly that I had already died and I was re-witnessing the events or that I was just dreaming. Even though I had decided to return to the world it seemed that the world would no longer have me. I could no longer relate very well to people and had no inclination to go out into the world. I didn't want to do anything really but just sit there in that detached state with no focus and no goal.

This went on for a while I suppose. I still couldn't really tell you. One of the things that goes first is the sense of time. I do know thanks to my girlfriend that there would be regular intervals of 4 or 5 days without eating or moving, just staying in that one spot totally lost. I could of had it all but what would be the point – there was no other point to anything but finding out where the illusion had its source. Really I cannot state that by this point there was very little within me of a recognizable self. When I say detached I mean it – though I do not give the full examples here. I have given up and walked away from the things most people would deem to be highly prized and valuable in pursuit of this perfect isolation. If I couldn't see that truth then I wouldn't see anything at all.

Then a couple of months ago I began to understand.

What I'd stopped seeing was separation – and the loneliness and lack of understanding came from not being able to see anything other than self. The pain, the trying, the worry and stress all came from my anxiety towards seeing myself for the very first time.

I saw that first there is nothing. In nothing everything is contained but perfectly balanced. From this place we have all other life emerging in every descending levels. The first mind is nothing – perfect balance – we are at best 3rd or maybe 4th. I saw that we have our normal state and dream state which feeds off our subconscious state, which feeds off the planetary and universal state as all things emerge from that nothing and reach back towards it. I saw it all connected but thinly partitioned giving rise to the illusion of separation people fall into in life.

I saw the trap. People screaming at specters and expecting them to vanish. Little did they see they were held in fear by their very own shadow. I saw hope. We are never separate from the creator, it is It that is manifesting in the game and nothing else. I saw how each emotion created a frequency which in turn caused the structure of the universe to change according to it. The whole thing was a dance. I wondered why any part of me would choose to remain down here when they could just stop what they're doing and change outcome instead of re-creating failed attempts. But I saw how powerful this illusion has to be for it contains god or maybe generates gods experience of itself.

I saw how we all have immortality but not in the sense so many people want it. We cannot die but our individuality can and will. There is nothing being stored and no observer on the back – if we were to return to this consciousness then we would just cease to be in every meaningful sense. So we need to see the truth but remain one step back. It can never be known, this is why the one true god always remains hidden. Every time you pull back a curtain you'll be greeted by a vacant throne. The whole Universe or multiplexes of universes are teaming with power yet it doesn't exist and it's not there. It is and it's not. It seemed like the generating force was a paradox. It doesn't exist until we create it.

Just like we cannot perceive ourselves except by creating a reflection of it we cannot see the creator for this same reason. It is us after all that lays beyond the horizon.

IV

Am I crazy? Probably. I am a committed Holy Man without any authority, church or support. That has to mean I'm utterly insane. I believe in something so much that I laughed as I turned away everything of material value as others observed stunned. Yet I turn around in the same breath I use to venerate God only to denounce him as irrelevant and non-existent. I realize that this is the spiritual equivalent of jumping out of an airplane chute-less in an effort to teach the body to fly but it is the only way I've ever known. I suppose I was fortunate that I was sustained by a calling to follow through on some really tough decisions and acts. It almost doesn't seem good enough to say I did it all just to see what would happen. But that is the ultimate truth of it.

The only tool I ever had is my own experience. Thats all I ever altered or changed. It was only by changing it in certain ways repeatedly that I would deem the venture a success or failure. I had to become comfortable with the fact that I could always be wrong. I numbed myself to this by continually taking every piece of knowledge I came arcross as truth and altered myself until I came across something that conflicted with it. Then I would change again. I'd keep this up until these elements reached a certain harmony with one another and in the harmony I'd find the truth of the matter. To find out the truth of belief you have to find out all belief is ultimately wrong. Useful, but still wrong.

Later I detached from all of it. When I say this, I mean I did not mentally associate anything as being real. My awareness was much the same as if I was in a lucid dream. There was just this dark observer watching the interplay of light and darkness. Nothing interpreting it and nothing interfering with it. During this time I saw the limits of experience that I previously knew nothing of. No matter what I chased away there was always the I Am which observed.

As I entered more and more into this awareness I was able to regain a perspective that once again gave renewed meaning to the whole thing. But this time it is a perspective built sustain-ably using my experience and the laws I observed influencing us. There is no danger of it burning itself out. I still have the same sense of detachment as before, the same understanding that everything is a manifestation of a single self, the same paradoxical belief that there is and is no God. It seems that whereas before I was creating forms of the energies coming in now I allow them to flow through me without hindering them by clinging on. Everything just comes and goes as it wishes. I am - I am not. I do - I do not. Finally I have entered the place where although everything is different everything is the same as well.

I suppose the Great Work is kind of like giving your mind a good service or a bath. You take all of the parts, clean out all of the psychic gunk we accrue and then put them back together again. What stops people is the fear they'll loose themselves if they change how they think and this fear is to great and debilitating that very few people will ever move on and take a risk. So the masses will stay as one person for a lifetime, choosing instead to constantly repair a broken vessel rather than letting it fail and rebuilding it.

It is the action of undergoing these changes and seeking out these psychic influences within us that causes the changes I've described above. In these realms anything can happen which is why I have tried to not say a lot about them. Anything that is revealed to you or is witnessed by you is for you and you alone. Yes, your viewpoint will change, but it will still be the same you looking out of the same pair of eyes. You will be able to see more opportunities and have an increased ability to make something of them, you will be able to see others better then they themselves can see. All of this and more is the prize you win when you stop giving a damn about the prize and start doing the work in earnest.

The breaking and rejoining of my consciousness and the resulting changes in my awareness have shown me how flexible the universe really is. There is nothing we need to fear, nothing that can harm us that we have not created. This act, although it seems destructive, rebuilds us from a proper foundation of interconnectedness that changes every perspective we will ever again hold. If it is all 'I' then any miracle is about as miraculous as giving the conscious command to wiggle a finger. Perhaps it is better to think of ourselves as divinely paralyzed and we need to work to recreate those connecting stem-cells. To operate the divine mind we need to think divine thoughts.

I still do not know about turning lead into gold, I still don't really know anything about the extent of occult power and the hidden forces of nature. I suppose I never will. But I do know that I've re-discovered something that has remained buried under money making schemes and institutes of spiritual oblivion for quite some time. There's something we're all a part of, something we're always trying to recreate from some inborn understanding we seem to possess. All of our art, science and technology seek to uncover this secret unifying expression so that we can study it. Yet never do they think of entering into it and describing it from there.

I hope this work will have you re-think a number of the old occult works and treatises and give them the acknowledgement they're worth. At the same time I hope it helps you deal with a number of mis-conceptions or obstructions that you personally may be faced with.

As for me; now I have my place to sit and a newfound appreciation for the nothing I spent so long focused on. I still have a world of opportunity at my fingertips and I still want nothing to do with it. I guess in the end it all comes back to an old Zen story.

A Western man traveled to Tibet to seek out an Enlightened man. After arriving he went to speak with the master and asked him “How did you seek enlightenment”. The Master responded by picking up his water bucket and carrying it to the top of the hill. The walk took him a good hour to get up and once there he immediately filled his bucket. When done he took his pale up and walked back down.

The Westerner was confused and decided to change tact. He asked the Master “What did you do once you achieved enlightenment?” With that the Master kicked over the bucket of water and went back up the hill again.

This is why the Eastern Monks create beautiful works of art from sand and destroy them once completed. This is why the Japanese monks create Zen gardens where they create beautiful patterns only to wash them away. All of these teaching want to show us how to enter into an experience of perfection and not become to affected when we loose it. They want to show us that perfection is always being created, destroyed and generated again if we allow it and give it time. And also, that by knowing what is taking place that we can have a hand in it but only according to our own capacity to understand.

Old forms can be banished only to be called back again in a new way. Nothing ever dies but everything is always changing. Stillness and oblivion are the realm of God, ours is of motion and experience. It is within our own realm we must seek for answers and let the stillness help us understand.

I hope you've enjoyed my little musing. I've found writing it very cathartic.
edit on 13/7/11 by Imhotepsol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
To be honest, I tried to read your post, but it is very long and the way it is written make it very difficult to read... especially at 8 in the morning..
Sometimes when writing pieces like this, it is better to simplify it and try not to be too technical, especially in the words used and the construction of the piece..
Not a criticism, just some advice..

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Reply to post by Misterlondon

So you suffer from the recent trend of, "Too long; didn't read", aka tl;dr.

Shame as it's quite a good post and deserves a lot more than someone telling them to make it more simple. Perhaps you are the one who is being too simple.

ATS is a great place for this and longer posts seem to be few and far between, unlike the past where a link to a Youtube video and a single line of text would have been deemed unacceptable. Good job, OP. Keep it up.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

Oh my.

We are all looking for a way – we just don't know what that way is yet. We grasp at things that can elevate our views and allow us those precious moments of clarity about ourselves. As if for that moment we are up there looking back at our selves in crystal clear quality.
I made it this far. You touch and touch then touch again on wisps of thought so understandable which leave but a sense of them selves.

We just don't know what the way is yet.
edit on 13-7-2011 by TerryMcGuire because: Typo

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

No matter what we do it is this spark of consciousness temporarily elevating itself to us, showing us that there is more to us and this world. It sparks our curiosity to discover more and in doing so we discover more about it. It is the formless unlimited self, and we are but echoes and patterns living in the wake of its cause
Careful.
You risk getting mystical on me.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

So you didn't read it either I take it.

It's a bit much to get through honestly. Throw some pictures in there of a comet or something to spruce it up

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Regardless of your viewpoints, THIS is what I respect from any man or woman.

No attempt at using youtube videos as evidence, speculative and baseless articles as proof and little to no sign of the self-righteous egotism so unfortunately prevalent in many of these threads. I'm not going to attempt to summarize my thoughts in a response yet. I would like to reread the post at least once or twice again and collect my thoughts. ANY thread capable of doing that is more than worthy of the once-stringent ATS standards in my humble opinion.

A pension for grammar and a well-formatted presentation go a long way as well.

Thank you for the food for thought my friend, I'll be sure and get to you with a proper response in the next 24 hours.

Misterlondon, not to berate you, but given the nature of the subject matter, his thoughts are not long-winded. His grammar is very good by ATS standards and as far as internet forums are concerned, it's hard to ask for better format. He broke down his thoughts much the same way you would an academic paper, which is highly commendable and leads me to believe the OP is at least fairly well educated.

Quality over quantity in the eyes of this man. I'll take 5 of these posts over 500 of the single-paragraphed, "insert video here" posts ATS has been receiving as of late. My join date may suggest otherwise, but I've been lurking here for about 7 years, and while I'm not one to shake my old-man fist from the front porch, things seem to have gotten much more simplistic and, ahem, ignorant around here. Whether this is due to old-man syndrome (please God please! I'm too young for that, give me a few years), the increased popularity of ATS, the relaxed T&C/Quality assurance around here or a combination of all the above, I could not tell you.

May also be due to the fact that I waited until I discharged to become an "active" member here, and that for that reason I am responding to/getting wrapped up in posts I may not have previously.

Anyway, be back soon.

edit on 13-7-2011 by ateuprto because: grammar

edit on 13-7-2011 by ateuprto because: spelling

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Well i've read your entire post and must say i'm left a bit disappointed. It is a very well written account of how meditation improves your life but with the exception of one brief part about how others may meditate to achieve a good feeling the entire post is just a very very long telling of your experience.

If I was grading this I would have to say that you have a tendency to go off topic and ramble on a bit about things that distract the reader from your main point.

That main point I believe is that through meditation one may aquire a deeper peace.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Thank you for your feedback but I believe you may have missed the point. I wasn't trying to teach you anything, as I said this is more an inner-monologue with myself. If you are looking for methods I offered a couple but if you think the rest of my writing is off topic - then you've missed my point or haven't read what I said.

It is not my place to reveal my path to you. That is why I tried to stay away as much as possible from any one system and instead talked generally using personal examples. So again I apologize you got no teaching from a piece of writing about my view points of life.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I believe I got the point of it I just did not word my response correctly.

It is a very in-depth story of one man's journey however so in that regard it's very well done.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Noted.

I was going to break it up but figured that any one interested enough in reading it would just break it up into parts. I wanted it to be pretty much as close to the stream of consciousness that I was in when writing it.

If I go on to do something more focused I'll definitely keep your advice in mind though. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

I appreciate your kindness and look forward to your measured reply.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The only tool I ever had is my own experience. Thats all I ever altered or changed. It was only by changing it in certain ways repeatedly that I would deem the venture a success or failure. I had to become comfortable with the fact that I could always be wrong. I numbed myself to this by continually taking every piece of knowledge I came arcross as truth and altered myself until I came across something that conflicted with it. Then I would change again. I'd keep this up until these elements reached a certain harmony with one another and in the harmony I'd find the truth of the matter. To find out the truth of belief you have to find out all belief is ultimately wrong. Useful, but still wrong.
This is familiar. I find all the pieces of knowledge to be of value if only momentarily. In harmony,the finished with information seem to dribble away like detritus leaving truth, not to believe in but rather to appreciate whilst my sluicing pan fills once again for filtering.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Anything that is revealed to you or is witnessed by you is for you and you alone
Where's your proof? Pictures and references to back this up please.

Really though, I find that ALL, IS revealed. As witnesses to this final revelation we are myriad manners by which it is perceived. And of course, when I say final, I understand that it has always been revealed and it is only now as the many drops of revelation merge, like drops of rain on a window, that we all may know the Stream in which we flow.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

I'm sorry if this sounds trite but I cannot think of a single external reference for a personal understanding
Let alone how I could make images of it.

I'm much like you in that I believe every one has to discover that flow for themselves. It only makes good sense to me then that the revelation and the path would be highly individualized as it is created from and based upon our personal psychic content. So although the powers and the processes are the same the descriptions we have and the methods of use are as varied as the number of humans on the planet.

I'm just trying to find a way where we can all see everyone else is also looking just in their own way.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Where's your proof? Pictures and references to back this up please.

That was just a yank on your spiritual finger

So although the powers and the processes are the same the descriptions we have and the methods of use are as varied as the number of humans on the planet.

I'm just trying to find a way where we can all see everyone else is also looking just in their own way.

I wonder if this is possible. Certainly some will develop this understanding as many have. However do you think that everyone looking in their own way can reconcile with everyone looking at it this way? Is not,not looking at it this way one of the ways some will look at it?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

I wonder if this is possible. Certainly some will develop this understanding as many have. However do you think that everyone looking in their own way can reconcile with everyone looking at it this way? Is not,not looking at it this way one of the ways some will look at it?

I believe we can if we can just accept the fact we're looking and nothing more. If we take on others experiences to help us with our own, to use them in our own way free of prejudice and expectation on any one else's behalf then we may just have a shot.

Actually now I've said that maybe it's not
But impossible or not it doesn't mean I or you or anyone else should stop trying. No matter how bad it seems the world needs people striving for balance and harmony, even if they are just pipe-dreams. If anything is worth the sacrifice of the span of a human life for me, it is this.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I believe we can if we can just accept the fact we're looking and nothing more. If we take on others experiences to help us with our own, to use them in our own way free of prejudice and expectation on any one else's behalf then we may just have a shot.

Actually now I've said that maybe it's not But impossible or not it doesn't mean I or you or anyone else should stop trying. No matter how bad it seems the world needs people striving for balance and harmony, even if they are just pipe-dreams. If anything is worth the sacrifice of the span of a human life for me, it is this.

No matter how bad it seems.

Having read the op again I observed in myself an interesting phenomena. Sections which shined and illuminated themselves during my first reading, though still familiar, had lost their luster, while other sections seemed now to offer deeper meaning. One paragraph in particular carried me into depths of agreement. Then my nose twitched and I had to go out and blow it.

When I returned and read the paragraph again I found that although the first part still sung to me, the complete agreement I had felt only a few moments before was gone. I wonder at this.

This could be nothing more than what happens when the preacher, coach or general gives a pep talk, inspires the group with some universal stimulant and they all go yeah yeah and then follow along with whatever he has to suggest. This, though, might be a reflection of an even more fundamental experience. Hang with me here, this may get real loose.

It seems that by the nature of this physical place in which we find ourselves, it is common to sense it, the physical and it's ramifications, primarily. Our understanding of all else seems almost secondary. We tend as a whole to place this experience as the central experience and all else as extension. Like, heaven. First we are here and then we go there. Granted this is a very simplistic example.

But the thing is, this here, I think, is the secondary.

" Here " is not opposed to "there". Here is an aspect of a larger HERE, which because of the isolationist aspects of "here", causes the larger HERE to appear as "there".

I think we live here and HERE at once. And "no matter how bad it seems" it only seems that way "here".

I live here but strive to live HERE as I surmise you do also. At times I experience life as a consciousness from HERE and sometimes not, only here. I think some of your words come from HERE and for moments we find ourselves HERE together.

Well, Im. I seem to have tried once again to blow a bubble larger than my breath can sustain, and the membrane has stretched to thin as my thoughts can no longer hold together "here".

In any event, thank you for the wonderful OP.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Sometimes we're all at play in the same field I guess thats what it comes down to. Perhaps we get too caught up in describing experiences thinking we can allow others to enter into them but by doing this we chase away the very essence of the thing we're looking for. It simply is, it can't be described, descriptions are built around it.

The experience is the thing we mostly follow though because for us it is the sum of all of our inputs, our thoughts and ideas brought into a single state and that state is what we experience. Even though we are neither in particular. The experience is what allows us to see what we are in that state, that state will allow us to progress onto another one and another one. Not only the experience changes but the knowledge and understanding its built from, hence the mosaic nature of the Universe.

I put something up earlier I wrote a couple of years ago going over some of the definitions I use you might like. It's called Theological Mechanics - have a read of that and see what you think.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I found it. We are headed out of town for a few days. Hopefully I will get back to this conversation when we return.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join