It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does life have a purpose?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

If you are interested in making it so, then yes. If you are interested in the Ultimate Truth, then no.

If you believe you are alive to reproduce, than this is your purpose.
If you believe you are alive to help others, than this is your purpose.
If you believe you are alive to enjoy life, than this is your purpose.
If you believe you are alive to serve God, than this is your purpose.
If you believe you are alive to kill others, than this is your purpose.

Purpose is a concept created by the human intellect. The Ultimate Truth of life cannot be conventionally understood by the human intellect. Thus the purpose of life, on an absolute level, cannot be conceptualized into words or thought. Thus this is a meaningless question for those who are interested in the Ultimate Truth.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy

If you are interested in making it so, then yes. If you are interested in the Ultimate Truth, then no.

Purpose is a concept created by the human intellect. The Ultimate Truth of life cannot be conventionally understood by the human intellect. Thus the purpose of life, on an absolute level, cannot be conceptualized into words or thought. Thus this is a meaningless question for those who are interested in the Ultimate Truth.

Peace.

Why do you ask a question and then answer it? I guess there's nothing left for me to do.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a purpose, well read the sig !

link   
Not a day goes by that i don't ask myself this question:

What is the meaning of life?

I have no answers, only more questions. The more I delve into it, the more unknowns it unlocks--furthering the conundrum. We all have to figure it out for ourselves, the true destruction is caused by those who think they know the answer already...

This song pretty much sums it up:

link   

Peace.

On the contrary my friend. The Ultimate Truth of life is understood by myself, and upon the realizing of the ultimate truth, I realized the ultimate purpose of creation.

The purpose of creation is to resolve the paradox that "God" is. That's it. We are the systematic inevitable process of resolving the paradox that is infinity/nothing by either unconditional love or complete destruction.

Regardless of the path you take, the destination is one. Back to the source of all that is which is infinity and nothing.

Creation is infinite as well because the paradox cannot be resolved, although it can be attempted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Read that and my signature. Have an open mind. This is not belief, this is pure ultimate knowledge
edit on 11-7-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Very well, then this is your purpose.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I believe I exist to learn about what it is to be alive.

There is something you can never stop learning about, it is so rewarding!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Peace.

I believe I am here to find a quarter in the corner of a round room

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I like your sig, i've have many conversations about 'nothing' being 'something', nothing theoretically cannot exist.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

Very insightful. Ask this question and you will be led in a circle. Ask who is asking this question and you will be led in a circle. Maybe now you stop asking these questions and remain as you are.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky

I believe I am here to find a quarter in the corner of a round room

Then you are working towards infinity. Keep up the good work, and keep in mind, the path of unveiling more of infinity is love. The path to unveiling more of nothingness is destruction which, I can tell, you aren't interested in.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fatmandy

I like your sig, i've have many conversations about 'nothing' being 'something', nothing theoretically cannot exist.

Nothing, not only theoretically, but also conceptually cannot exist.

But due to the fact that nothing is not only nothing, but nothing is also infinity, then there is potential for exploration. This is our purpose.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Very well, then this is your purpose. Ultimate Truth cannot be conventionally understood, if you believe it can then it is not the Ultimate Truth. Be careful, Maya is always ready to play.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Very well, then this is your purpose. Ultimate Truth cannot be conventionally understood, if you believe it can then it is not the Ultimate Truth. Be careful, Maya is always ready to play.

Peace.

What do you mean ultimate truth cannot be understood? Infinity and nothing seem to be like the ultimate to me, and the truth is, that they are the same thing, so up until NOW, the ultimate truth has not been able to be conventionally understood, but you can't get any more ultimate than infinity or nothing, and I know the truth about them/it and their implications as to what is.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Well... I was going to answer your question but you already did that yourself

Seriously, though, that's pretty much what I would say. We are the most god-like creatures in existence (as far as we know) and we really have unlimited power. Its just a matter of cooperating with each other and being persistent. I often wonder if anything is truly impossible when you have enough human willpower. That can be a scary thought once you ponder the possibility that the human race never dies out...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Peace.

but then wouldn't your purpose be to seek the Ultimate Truth?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

some would use this information to fool and enslave others

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
For infinite consciousness to become greater than infinite, by through symbiotic union (communion) with all finite life forms over the infinite span of time. All are tools for this purpose, all are used. Yet in return a gift is offered. The finites can have kinetic, evermore expansion of consciousness and newness, toward, but never achieving parallel infinite conciousness. All the individual needs do is accept it. No religious ceremonies, swinging a dead cat over your head ten times during a full moon, attach your behavior to any religion. Once in communion your behavior changes automatically, not change your behavior to achieve the communion.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Peace.

Purpose is more than just a human creation. There is an ultimate purpose for all of creation and all of creation has the same purpose. There is an ultimate destination and a most efficient path to that destination.

The purpose is conceptual, however, the purpose is impossible. Infinity or nothing as one unstable concept desire stability. That is why we are here. That is the purpose. That is impossible.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Peace to you my brother

It is my belief that each of our understandings are relative to the Ultimate Truth on a personal level. The Ultimate Truth can not be conceptualized nor understood by any one person. Its complete and simplistic-complexity is too glorious to be comprehend by any one person. I agree with you, if one is searching for the Ultimate Truth they will never see it although it has been in front of their eyes at each and every moment the whole time! How's that for one of the most wonderful paradoxes?

I agree with your OP, that the purpose of life is what we chose and determine it to be. However, according to my 'current' understandings, this is a superficial (exoteric) explanation. I believe the purpose of life is to Be or to Experience. To not stray the line between my gnosis and speculation, I'll stop here.

On the outer realms of reality and existence, if your op was understood even by all spiritual novices, our societies would be much more Loving.

Peace to you brother. Thank you for Truth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join