It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panetta makes 9/11 gaffe in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

xxsomespersonxx: i liked the video, sums it up very good, funny that the dog is the one who has to teach the dumb person.

As well a very good index of the state of a nation, when the critical voices have to disguise in silly humour to spread their point of view.

We are already there: the MSM does'nt speak up anymore, it s the colbert report, Family guy or the lonely guy who (sarcastically) protetest Pro-Cops in Orlando, where you get the unbiased "truth".

Was like this in the second world war. Take for instance "Animal Farm" by Orwell. Released in '45 clearly very critical peace of literature. To avoid censorship he had to write an animal story. (Which is of course about the political system) BTW, just checked it, in Amazon you'll find it under › Humor › Cats, Dogs & Animals

Goodbye free speech, welcome Propaganda, and hail to the chief !

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

I thought these quotes were appropriate for this thread. Is the government just getting more stupid each day?

Yes, the first one is probably texan, lil Bush tried to quote it once and even failed there.

To your question; Is the government just getting more stupid each day?
Not at all (Bush might be an exception) but in general they follow their well prepared, evil cabal plans. It's the people, the media who is so stupid to let em pass all that BS on a daily basis.

Which is perfect for the cabal: They think; the masses believed JFK, so we can go on to bigger ones, let's try Iran-Contra, worked. So let's get even bigger, what about 9/11 - worked. So let's go on, Iraq, worked. So let's go on, Iran is delivering weapons to Iraq - will probably work as well. So let's go on....

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
S&F

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I just expanded the 4h time limit to edit my own post, so here is another post
(sorry it looks a bit silly that there are 3 posts of me in a row)

I wrote:
To your question; Is the government just getting more stupid each day?
Not at all (Bush might be an exception) but in general they follow their well prepared, evil cabal plans. It's the people, the media who is so stupid to let em pass all that BS on a daily basis.

I 'd change that to:
It's the people, dumbed down by the media, who are getting more stupid each day to let em pass all that BS on a daily basis.

As you might have realized by now i am very interested in how media works, how propaganda works, how the spin doctors work. This since i was young. Even worked a good share in the media (Print and a bit of TV and later web). Still sort of dream about covering news, but having moral difficulties in the corporate media world.

The reason why I exceeded the 4h time limit to edit my own post: I just watched a 3h documentary:
Orwell Rolls in his Grave
(Youtube Link, but can be found on other pages as well).

From the description:
3 Hour Documentary explaining a portion of the information about media censorship, consolidation and propaganda.

My opinion:
Well done, insightful and well worth watching.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by svetlana84

Panetta makes 9/11 gaffe in Iraq

www.rawstory.com

Newly appointed US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta told American troops in Baghdad on Monday that 9/11 was the reason they were in Iraq, before he was quickly corrected by his spokesman.

"The reason you guys are here is because of 9/11. The US got attacked and 3,000 human beings got killed because of Al-Qaeda," Panetta told about 150 soldiers at the Camp Victory US base.
(visit the link for the full news article)

And you can believe it that Panetta got the Medal Of Freedom For what again? Lying

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
leon panetta isnt the right guy for the job, this just cements the point

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join