It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need To Create Our Own Media Outlets, Our Own Local Newspapers!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Of course, there would have to be a professional set of rules, this isn't a platform for violence or aggressive solutions. But giving airtime, and newsprint to groups organizing a peaceful protest, assertive solutions, is not the same as giving media to people organizing a revolution. And bringing out extreme conspiracies as facts isn't what this would be about either, but I would definitely have a block set aside for coast to coast type interviews, that toe people into the wide range of views out there, because those more radial conspiracies contain a lot of truth, and a lot of disinfo or slants, directions tptb might want people to go for their hidden agendas. That would not be the main aspect of this project, this is something that would be dealing with community, and giving them opportunities to shine their light and grow more, not forcing people to viewpoints.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Star & Flag Unity~! I whole heartedly agree! I haven't watched MSM news, if at all, my entire life; I only watch for breaking news. I believe ATS as attempted to try this out with ATS Street Live(?), but, I watched the first 3 mins of it after it launched and haven't watched it again.

To me, it just didn't sound or look professional, (this is just my opinion and not a slam), I truely acknowledge & appreciate the Site Owners, Admin and staff for attempting to get the word out about controversial topics; however, to me they just covered the same stories I just read about and can access on the site in seconds of a click of a button.

Anyways, that being said, I'm attempting to start a non-profit org to uncover unbiased controversial subjects that the MSM refuses to cover. Trust me when I say, it's TUFF to get this business plan started; but, it can be done~!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
going the non-profit route will more than likely be a royal pain, not to mention probably be under government scrutiny, more so than going the "underground" route...which is what i was more than likely thinking about doing...all that really need to be done, is get at least half a dozen people together that are wanting to really get involved with something like this, plus a few others that can dedicate some time, to dig up news stories from alternate sources...as mentioned, that the MSM refuse to cover....there is free shoutcast hosting available for free, but it does go down from time to time for upgrades

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join