It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A real life "Magneto' from X-Men. Six-year old able to attract metal magnetically, heals wounds of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
X-men may be among us, because CBS apparently has found a real life Magneto.

(CBS/Reuters) A young boy in the town of Koprivnica, Croatia, is gaining worldwide attention for an unusual talent. Six-year-old Ivan Stoiljkovic appears to be able to attract metal to his chest - including silverware, coins and even a frying pan ... In total, his family says Ivan can carry up to 55 pounds of metal on his torso.

His family says that Ivan's power is strongest in the morning and when he is calm and focused.

His upper body appears to be more magnetic and his family says his wounds heal very quickly and leave no scars.

CBS News

Apparently this six year old Croatian is able to magnetically attract metals to his torso, specifically his chest, and carry 55 lbs worth of heavy metal by just his own magnetic abilities. The family also claims he not only can heal quicker, but he can allegedly heal other peoples ailments (aches and pains) as well.

The link leads to an embedded video, and it at the very least appears legitimate.

Now barring the "human evolutionary leap" theories, let's look at this realistic. This worries me, because this would appear to some type of evidence of environmental contaminate exposure. I'm not a scientist, but I can only imagine that something like this, especially if it is localized on the body, is evidence of high concentration of magnetic elements, like magnetite.

Is this a sign of environmental pollution ramping up, or is it actually the birth of mutant humans with powers?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

i immediatley think of about seven different things. a mutation, caused by genetics, or radiation. there is also diet, his location affecting him somehow, maybe a different power, the power could be caused by nerve signals acting on iron and copper, or some unexplained phenomenon, or some kind of ability with aura

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I've just been informed that this story was a dupe.

So this subject is now about one of two things:

1) Why would a legitimate news source like CBS or Reuters post a story without proper fact-checking. What does this mean about the state of our media today?

or

2) What is your favorite type of dessert? Personally I can't get enough Cheese Cake. Nothing better than a New York styled Strawberry Cheese Cake.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The kid has clammy skin.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
they made him eat magnets
thats all

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Wow there is a similar thread about a boy who could do the same thing in Brazil

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
oops double post
edit on 11-7-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

No one fact-checks anymore. Facts don't support sensationalism, and that is what sells news these days.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
X-men may be among us, because CBS apparently has found a real life Magneto.

Well technically, Magneto is not a member of the x-men.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Interesting story, but unlikely. ( With all due respect to the poster.) A six year old child with 55lbs of metal clinging to his chest ? Some sort of attention seeking, methinks. The claims won't stand up in the face of scientific scrutiny...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I knew clicking this thread was too good to be true...
Always wanted to be a mutant

new topics

top topics

join