It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-ians and non-X-ians Face the Same Judgement of Works and Sins

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The plant can "see" the sun.

The plant can "drink" the water.

I can't "see" the spirit.

I can't "drink" the spirit.

Your analogy is a strawman, but instead of disproving you're trying to prove.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Thanks for your quick response and I was writing a kind of involved post on another thread and did not notice your earlier post sooner. I'm sure you have better things to do than wait around for things, so sorry and I hope I did not disappoint you with the content of my resonse.
I really don't feel like I need to prove things to you because I don't think you are one of the people I am worried about. That may seem odd and you may think this is a trick or something but I don't see a picture of you going to Hell.

edit on 12-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
reply to post by jmdewey60

I already know, exactly. Just me, no extra special thing. My life taught me how to behave, not something else. No "spirit" came down and taught me anything.

You say it is my thoughts, then why give credit to something else?

You say it is really hard to tell the difference between my own thoughts and the "spirit". Unless you can prove it is a "spirit", logic says it is just me. I like taking credit for my achievements, I like knowing that I learned how to "fit in" with society (IE "right" and "wrong"). You said that I face the same judgement as Christians (I am a non), I have sufficently questioned this. And as I predicted, my position "can't" be right, even though it is (To me, of course.)

At least until I see some proof that I am not in control of my thoughts.

(I exist, I know I do to me. I solve my own problems, and I will not give credit so someone, or something else.)

You did some work on this post and are making an effort to get your point across so I should go over this in greater detail.
I was saying before about you knowing and what I meant is your earlier statement that a god, if such a thing did exist would want you to do things yourself rather than to depend on someone else. We do live an existence where we depend on things around us to sustain that existence, and that may be what I was trying to get at. You are doing the doing to make use of what you find at hand to fill the needs of the moment. There are these things available and they are there, to some extent, thanks to the doings of other people, such as a farmer who grows food and that food is available and you make use of it. There is no totally self sufficient existence and we are not that type of being. We do not always stop to wonder why or how, every single thing necessary is there. Regardless of whether we give a certain degree of regard to each of those things, they are there anyway.
You are not who you are because at some point before you were anything, you decided to design what would be nice to be, if you were to decide to come into existence. So you would have to admit that you do not and can not have total control of yourself or the parameters under which your existence continues or ceases to be.
The spirit may not best be described as a parallel thought process you can switch to like another channel if you so choose. It is something that is more subtle and can not be, probably, identified at all, and so the name, spirit, which by definition can be known by its results which would indicate that it did have an affect. The way I think of it is a plane of existence where our consciousness dwells which is not local as in only existing in one place. This would not be the spirit itself but the realm in which the specific spirit I am talking about accesses us, the who we are that is unique unto ourselves and is our true identity. That spirit is there and it has a quality of goodness to it and it is a resource to where the self can gain nourishment in its endeavors of being of a particular nature ourselves. In this plane we do have the ability to create ourselves. We can go from what we were born as to what we want to be and to grow into.

edit on 12-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Which Rules are you referring to - If your blasphemy is regarding Judaism then that would be the Ten Commandments Given by God The Farther and Recorded by Moses.

On the other hand if you are referring to Christians and Christ Jesus, then the only new commandment Jesus gave was "Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself".

That which is imperfect has past "this would be the Ten Commandments" and that which is perfect has come "This Would be Jesus Christ" whom made the perfect sacrifice for all men.

I will have you know God Justifies all things to himself without any regards toward men or his laws. If he justifies freedom for a man / women they will indeed be free and if he justifies no freedom then I suppose man's laws will abide against that poor sole.

Mercy and Love come from God The Farther and The Lord Jesus Christ, even to them whom believe not.

Repentance towards God and Faith in the name of Jesus Christ is all God The Farther ask!

It would be beneficial for one to pray often and turn to there Holy Bible for help and prayers.

All to often many here and maybe yourself, confuse Religion, with Communion and that would be communion with the Holy Spirit where ever one may be.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join