It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who cares if the NFL plays this year or not.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I'm so sick of the NFL. Every year the team rosters change, you never know who plays for who anymore. The games revolve completely around the rules. I've been watching Australian Rules Football. Much better action, fewer rules, fewer game stoppages. No spoiled millionaire crybabies begging for a call every play.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
to be 100% honest,im really starting to hate football.Ive been a diehard nfl fan for about 6 years,but now i can care less about it,my drifting away from football started even before the season was over..It just isnt fun to watch anymore..Most players are so arrogant and your absolutely right about the rosters,its like free agency is a big game of musical chairs,its ridiculous!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
...your absolutely right about the rosters,its like free agency is a big game of musical chairs,its ridiculous!

It's a really bad thing for team spirit.
A lot of teams that won championships in many sport weren't always the best of the best players all crammed together, it's some type of magic that pushes a team to stand above all the rest.
And for that, you need the heart.

Big money takes us away from what really matters.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by choppedbrisket

Australian Rules is where it's at my friend, not many stoppages, no arrogant millionaires.
Best game going round.
Go Geelong

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by User8911

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
...your absolutely right about the rosters,its like free agency is a big game of musical chairs,its ridiculous!

It's a really bad thing for team spirit.
A lot of teams that won championships in many sport weren't always the best of the best players all crammed together, it's some type of magic that pushes a team to stand above all the rest.
And for that, you need the heart.

Big money takes us away from what really matters.
youre exactly right,look at last years san francisco giants in the mlb.Most of their position players were nobodys,but they had heart,This year their roster is almost identical to last years,minus 2 or 3 players..I hate the term "veteran" in the nfl,when a team brings in "veterans" it usally means the prospects will enjoy another season from the sidelines. I have been watching arena football,its like hardcore college football,Im still trying to fully understand its rules..

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
NFL is no where near as skillful or as entertaining as Australian Rules Football. So just watch that instead.

Below is an example of AFL at it's finest.
AFL: WATCH THIS

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Much respect, are you American? how did you find out about AFL?

CARN THE LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
australian football is more like soccer/futbol in my opinion i dont have a problem with the way the games are played in the nfl,its the pansy asses who change the rules to "protect" the players,more like protect their assests.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Umm, not me. Quite honestly I see sports like football, baseball, hockey as a distraction to the public as their cities burn down around them. You can almost hear Marie in the background yelling "Let them eat cake."

Sports figures may put their bodies through hell for the game but then again, they are richly rewarded for their efforts.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterAndrew

This is the first time I have seen Australian Football, and I tell you what. Definitely more exciting than what the NFL provides.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Not me. I want my NFL football, or the end of the world can start now!!!!

j/k but seriously, I hope the owners and players work out their differences quickly, this game is really the only sport I truly follow and sorry guys, but nothing can replace it for me.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Oh, I care, big-time. No NFL in the fall would be a calamity. I NEED my NFL in the fall and winter. College basketball can pick up some of the slack, but I don't care much for baseball, the NBA or college football.

No NFL would be a personal disaster.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
well... you can all change to REAL football!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

A season without having the Cowboys and Jerry Jones crammed down my throat??? I would not know what to do... maybe a happy dance!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
i hope that when the cba is finalized the players will be forced to wear padded dresses,thatll show em!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I care and so do millions of other people that watch the NFL every year. What I don't care about is the greed of both players and owners in this already pinched economy to squeeze out every last dime from those who enjoy the sport. People are already paying over 65 dollars a ticket in some places (Dallas for instances) it is getting outrageous. To use a T shirt that came out during the Baseball Strike NO GREED!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore
reply to post by MasterAndrew

This is the first time I have seen Australian Football, and I tell you what. Definitely more exciting than what the NFL provides.

Here is another one which is of last years grand final. (our superbowl game for championship or premiership as we call it down under) look at intensity. Australian Rules Football is way better than NFL. Notice no pads or helmets. We play like real men. I'm glad you liked.
Collingwood vs St Kilda 2010 Grand Final last five minutes.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I care about the NFL!

Without American Football why even have a fall?!

Yea, in the current situation it's the rich versus the rich, but I know one *cough* the owners *cough* will win out before July 20th. The players will not give up their pay checks. Simple as that. They are a weak breed (in that sense ). Come September 8th, we will see the start of the season, and I am more than happy for it.

Say what you want about Aussie rules football being better or soccer being better...I'm all about the NFL. There is a reason they rule here in the USA:this culture lives and breathes by it.

Not trying to take anything away from Aussie rules or soccer, just stating a fact as evident here in the USA, Football makes the most money and demands the most viewership.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I would definitely care. I love all sports, but watching the NFL is like no other to me.

Also, I gotta see my Packers repeat this year and bring the Lombardi Trophy (our trophy) to its rightful place again.

Go Pack!

new topics

top topics

join