It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Israel Risk World War to Stop Discussion of a Palestinian State?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
______beforeitsnews/story/796/546/A_Deep_Rift_Opens_In_Israel_As_The_Coming_Storm_Approaches.html

Mier Dagan, former Mossad chief thinks so. He is speaking out against Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak every chance he gets. He believes Netanyahu and Barak will give the order to begin an attack on Iran in September to draw the world away from the discussion and vote on Palestinian statehood. Israel knows once they begin the attack Iran will target American aircraft carriers in the Staits of Hormuz drawing the US into the conflict and eventually other countries. Dagan has stated in the recent past the such an attack on Iran would be tantamount to suicide for Israel.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Personally, yes. I think they would not stop at War to prevent a Palestinian State.
GIVE Palestine the State. Even God sent an angel to provide for Hagar's son Ishmael,
and didn't the UN and the US provide a State for the Jews?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Mier Dagan, former Mossad chief thinks so. He is speaking out against Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak every chance he gets. He believes Netanyahu and Barak will give the order to begin an attack on Iran in September to draw the world away from the discussion and vote on Palestinian statehood.

I am sorry, but where did you see Dagan saying that? Your link that goes to an opinion ,as respected as it is, does not clarify it.
Israel is trying to stop declaration in September since it clearly will lead to violence due to non-resolved problems like settlements, Jerusalem and refugees. Violence as in maybe hundreds of deaths. Strike on Iran that will lead to war (world war though?come on....) in the region will end in death toll of tens of thousands and there will be Palestinians state.
So the analysis of the author is wrong. This usually happens when person lacks in objectivity.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

It seems to me to be almost a fail-fail situation. Nations are fearful if Iran becomes a Nuclear power, and if/when Israel was to attack Iran with the purpose of preventing that eventuality from happening.

There are internal power struggles in both Nations at the moment.

I hope that rational minds prevail.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
SOLUTION: All the nations should come together and build a giant nuke-proof dome around the perimeter of both Israel and Palestine and then upon completion, we should give them both a bunch of nukes and then close up the dome and let them destroy each other so that we can get it over with already.

Bunch of savages over there over a bunch of childish superstitions. Fools.
edit on 9-7-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

LMAO at hoping rational minds prevail, for anyone that knows me on facebook they will have seen my view on politics...

Anyone that wants to be involved in politics should automatically be banned from being involved in politics. The nature of the beast is that politicians are either corrupt and desire power or become corrupted by the power they weild... With regard to isreal and Iran, not sure ther is a rational mind in either state that is close enough to the top to even begtin to make a change before becoming corrupted.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lammypie999

The problem in politics is that rational minds are either ignored or made a pariah and they eventually go away disgusted.

Or they are corrupted.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
SOLUTION: All the nations should come together and build a giant nuke-proof dome around the perimeter of both Israel and Palestine and then upon completion, we should give them both a bunch of nukes and then close up the dome and let them destroy each other so that we can get it over with already.

Bunch of savages over there over a bunch of childish superstitions. Fools.
edit on 9-7-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

Are you serious!? ... i hope this was a HORRIBLE attempt at satire ... if not wow I am mortified that your resolution to this conflict is to as you put it "close up the dome and let them destroy each other so that we can get it over with already"

top topics

join