It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive Container Truck Spewing Gamma Rays Into Traffic on I-270 in Saint Louis, Missouri

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Gamma Rays? Eh, the driver'll be fine. In fact I know the guy. His name is Bruce Banner.....kind of a loner. Used to be a scientist I think. Bit of an anger problem....good guy though.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I think I'm living in the wrong era because all I can think about here is......... Why do we need this shii*iiit in the first place? Because we've advanced? Just because we can think of something to do, like make nuclear reactors, doesn't mean we should do it. To hear some people talk you would think that we were all knuckle dragging neanderthals 100 years ago and we should thank our lucky stars that we have geniuses these days that can invent stuff like this to save us from ourselves and give us a higher standard of living.

Remind me again what happened on I-270.

You would think that they would also have the intelligence to make their inventions safe, but no, that sounds like too much of a hassle. Too much of a detour between the inventor and the bank.

I kinda have to laugh when people sit around trying to hypothesize the best way to take care of this problem, when it's an unnecessary problem that shouldn't even be here in the first place. Trust me, you don'tme to take care of the problem. I swear to God, people are walking around half the time without a clue and the other half trying to find one.

:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
I think I'm living in the wrong era because all I can think about here is......... Why do we need this shii*iiit in the first place? Because we've advanced? Just because we can think of something to do, like make nuclear reactors, doesn't mean we should do it.

OTOH, this was probably medical waste.

If you need nuclear medicine of some sort, the source and waste material have gotta go somewhere afterwards, unless it's going down the drain with the pee, like with radioiodine.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I needed a PET scan recently, to find out if some growths were cancerous or not (they weren't, so far). That required injecting me with a sugar molecule incorporating manufactured radioactive fluorine with a half-life of 2 hours, converting itself into heavy oxygen, which is perfectly safe. The process was much less damaging than trying to do a biopsy in this case. I carry a cheap $120 Geiger counter in my car (I needed one because I am a Boy Scout Nuclear Science merit badge counselor, and besides, I thought it would be cool, and it might come in handy in a nuclear emergency), and tried it on myself after the procedure, and it pegged the counter, only going down to a measurable value after about an hour. At that point (I forget the numbers), I calculated that someone would have to stand right up against me for one hour to get the equivalent of a chest x-ray, and that the total dose I got was about the maximum for a radiation worker in a 5-year period. It was all gone the next morning.

Although I agree that one should avoid radioactivity as much as possible, in medicine, it saves lives by both detecting and killing cancer more than cause it. I would be concerned, if I was the driver of that truck, but there is no danger to those in passing vehicles. There are federal hazardous materials regulations that require such radioactive material to be in appropriate packaging that can withstand accidents, and the company was hopefully complying with those regulations.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
You would think that they would also have the intelligence to make their inventions safe, but no, that sounds like too much of a hassle. Too much of a detour between the inventor and the bank.

We CAN make it safe.. we CAN store it safely in Yucca Mountain (and Nevada would then have a stockpile of future energy
) the problem is as you say the bank well the bottom line anyway. It costs a small fortune to get the containers for nuclear storage that are then safe to transport

Dry casks

Each dry cask can hold 10 to 15 metric tons of spent nuclear fuel. 15 metric tons of nuclear fuel can generate about 4 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity and the cost of each cask is about $1.2 million dollars each

So rather than spend that money on safety... the companies keep the waste on site until they reach capacity. Most sites store it like this...

Right now there are HUNDREDS of these in the Pacific Ocean from Fukushima, washed out by the tsunami and is floating out there with the rest of the tsunami debris and will eventually land on beaches (or sink in the ocean)

Here is another storage site in Texas

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eae06ce549b8.png[/atsimg]

Next Stop for Radioactive Waste: Texas
www.treehugger.com...

Los Alamos recently had a forest fire threaten their out door storage of nuclear waste

How in sane is this when we have the safe containers and the safe facility at Yucca Mountain? All that money wasted on wars in other countries while this problem escalates?

This is how Germany transports their waste... Are we now behind the Europeans in the Nuclear field? Shouldn't we be in the forefront of great technology?

Yucca Mountain Layout

Yucca Mountain location

You will notice it is right in the heart of the Nellis Range in the Nevada Test Center area... the place where we tested all those bombs. That area is so saturated with plutonium already that the little that MIGHT leak from Yucca is alike a bucket in the ocean

Location of Yucca Mountain site in relation to Area 51

edit on 9-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
So rather than spend that money on safety... the companies keep the waste on site until they reach capacity. Most sites store it like this...

You know, if I stood on a drum o' toxic radioactive waste like that, Fate would ensure that the lid would break and I'd fall in. Probably come out looking like Toxie. I can't believe people do that and get away with it.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
You know, if I stood on a drum o' toxic radioactive waste like that, Fate would ensure that the lid would break and I'd fall in. Probably come out looking like Toxie. I can't believe people do that and get away with it.

Have you seen the workers at Fukushima and what they are exposed to? Sad really, what corporate moguls do to workers. Needless to say they are already all dead anyway

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Did anyone else notice that..

They are advertising KI Pills?

Just saying.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

All trucks now have GPS on them its a requirement from good ole uncle sam!! so they know where hes at at all times!! anybody else with more info please feel free to post it about gps tracking of trucks

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

No surprise... it is after all a survivalist's website

I have my supply for the kids (don't need it over 40) Do you? Never hurts to be prepared. many people said they would just eat seaweed. But then after Fukushima the Kelp off our coast showed iodine 131 contamination. You never know... so keep some with the bandaids
If a crisis does happen, the stores will be sold out and a $10.00 bottle will run you $400.00 on Ebay... That just happened

edit on 9-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This is VERY disturbing to me. The truck driver is indeed in horrific danger and some other people too. The car's stopped in traffic beside the truck, what about the car's behind and in front of the truck? Are they in danger too? This is crazy there should be a different way, a safer way to transport radiation material. This guy is now the most underpaid person in the U.S.A. Are all of the radiation trucks like this or no? I'd love to find that out.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

very sick and twisted video. i would like to see a literal translation of it.

"plutonium wants to be safe for everyone just like dynamite". wow guess i'll run out to buy some dynamite for the kids to play with NOT.
seriously since when is dynamite safe? dynamite is fairly safe as long as in the hands of those trained to use it. don't know about modern dynamite, but with the old stuff, if it's sweating don't even touch it.
dynamite can sweat when old, it's the nitroglycerin separating from the earth or sawdust used to stabilize it. just ask the thousands of Chinese who worked building the railways in north america just how safe nitroglycerin is, i'm sure many ghosts would agree it's perfectly safe.

they even go so far as to say plutonium is safe if dumped in water. hmm is this a lead up to announcements that there will be no choice but to dump it in the ocean?
yup just what japan needs, poisoning it's main food supply of fish.

at one point it says that no one has ever died from ingesting plutonium.
what about those in Hiroshima ? my understanding is that one of main reasons so many died and suffered was from eating contaminated food and drinking contaminated water after the bomb hit.
might not be straight plutonium, as was fallout but still it cant be good for you.

then it at least says that plutonium can harm if breathed in or through a wound or cut.
so i guess you are perfectly safe wandering around in a reactor as long as have a mask, and band aids on

gotta love the propaganda they are pushing on their kids. wonder how many "poorly educated" people there do what some do in north america. that is to ask their kids about stuff they don't know as kids in school may have more knowledge then they do. not to mention in 20 years these kids will be the working class, and well need rid of plutonium, "sure it's safe enough to dump in the water" a very practical solution as won't do any harm.

gee and we in north america are worried about a little bit of radiation from trucks on the highway. how silly we must be.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by generik
gotta love the propaganda they are pushing on their kids. wonder how many "poorly educated" people there do what some do in north america. that is to ask their kids about stuff they don't know as kids in school may have more knowledge then they do. not to mention in 20 years these kids will be the working class, and well need rid of plutonium, "sure it's safe enough to dump in the water" a very practical solution as won't do any harm.

Not to worry about the kids... they are being taken care of. They are giving them all free dosimeters
The workers at Fukishima can't get them though... but what the heck they are already ghosts and even had their salary cut in half so TEPCO could pay damages... but the kids will get their dosimeters

Fukushima children to receive radiation meters
CBS NEWS

As for the FISH... well Japan has long been eatting the deadly BLOWFISH (Puffers) that will kill you quickly if not prepared right...

I guess now they will be able to have GLOWFISH on the menu

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

With these pictures you provided which I thank you so very much for sharing with us at ATS, I agree and you made me realize something, I now think that the Europeans are ahead of us by a long margin in this category.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Associated Couriers from St Louis, MO. They haul nuclear medicine.

www.acistl.com...

Associated Couriers was incorporated by Don and Betty Anderson in November of 1976 and began operations in March of 1977. The business operates as a customer dedicated carrier of radioactive medicine with a network of delivery and distribution services throughout the United States. Corporate headquarters are located at 2684 Metro Boulevard, Maryland Heights, Missouri.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by timmhaines

I hope you reported this to the EPA. What if it isn't ours? that would be very dangerous to a population for the driver to drive around till he dies.

Greetings:

Thank you very much for your time and participation in this thread; we wish there more like it.

Should you be interested in what's really going on in the poisoning of every single living thing in America on a daily basis, please feel free to delve into the nuke-related threads in our signature and respond if you wish.

Many people infer that they have interest in a radiation-free environment for themselves, their children, grandchildren, and other loved ones, but fail to respond in any way - just take a look at the lack of participation on, for example,

America's Being Nuked - Can we Together Stop the Madness?

We've seen posters garner more interest and appreciation in inane one-liners in foreskin discussions (and forget about flags, stars, bumps, firehose, etc.) than threads that took many hours of research, formatting, posting - just the facts, dude. Does anyone really care? Please help us understand this paradox.

Where the hell are the debunkers on these these threads to prove us wrong?

Simple.

It is difficult to debunk the truth.

That may indicate that the real problem is one of apathy - and that scares us more that the insidious actions (or lack thereof) of the USGOV/EPA/FDA/CDC/FEMA/Homeland Security (oxymoron), etc.

I hope you reported this to the EPA.

While we appreciate your apparent concern, before we bring an inordinate amount information regarding the EPA to enlighten the fine folks participating in this fine forum, please explain to to the rest of us your interpretation of who and what you think the EPA is/does.

What do you mean by "it" and "ours?"

What makes you think that the driver of the truck is shielded from the gamma rays that emanate from the truck?

Do you think/hope/wish that the drivers are issued dosimeters?

Of course, they are not, because that would imply that there is a problem, Houston.

Thank you for your time and consideration and we look forward to your response.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Greetings:

For your edification and enjoyment:

IAEA Briefing on Fukushima Nuclear Accident
3 May 2011, 19:50 UTC

Atoms for Peace
The IAEA is the world's center of cooperation in the nuclear field. It was set up in 1957 as the world's "Atoms for Peace" organization within the United Nations family. The Agency works with its Member States and multiple partners worldwide to promote safe, secure and peaceful nuclear technologies.

Our Work
The IAEA works for the safe, secure and peaceful uses of nuclear science and technology. Its key roles contribute to international peace and security, and to the world's Millennium Goals for social, economic and environmental development.

We find the following information from the IAEA News to be disconcerting, to say the least.

Add the fact that today is 17 July the latest update is from 2 June 2011, and one might wonder WTF?

We will merely highlight certain areas of this report, and hope to set the hook for others to investigate all of these assertions further.

25 April 2011

Management of On-site Contaminated Water
According to the 25 April evaluation by NISA of the report submitted by the Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO), there is a little less than 70 000 tonnes of stagnant water with high-level radioactivity in the basement of the turbine buildings of Units 1, 2 and 3.

...a little less than 70,000 tonnes of stagnant water with high-level radioactivity in the basement of the turbine buildings of Units 1, 2 and 3.

This amount and date should be added to the database on reported amounts of radioactive water being sloshed about.

We are sure that the numbers do not add up correctly in the long run.

The stagnant water (around 120 m3) in the basement of the turbine building of Unit 6 was transferred to a temporary tank on 1 May.

To our way of thinking, this statement indicates a finalization of the process.

However:

The transfer of stagnant high-level radioactivity water from the basement of the turbine building of Unit 6 was resumed on 2 May.

120 cubic meters... why this statistic in different terms than tonnes?

A cubic meter of water weighs one metric tonne. So, 120 c/m = 120 tonnes.

Why confuse the issue?

How much more high-level radioactivity water is there to transfer?

[color=limegreen]It has always been our contention that the information so vitally necessary to our survival as a species is intentionally garbled by utilization of a myriad of terms - much like radiation readings - to confuse the reader.

Work to block the Unit 2 trench pit was started on 1 May.

What are the dimensions and where does this trench go / connect to?

Why does it need to be blocked?

Is this a part of the suspected MOX nuclear weapons facility?

Plant Status
On 27 April TEPCO provided an update of the estimated percentage of core damage for Units 1, 2 and 3 following an assessment (the values assessed previously which TEPCO had provided on 15 March are given in parentheses):
Unit 1: 55% core damage (70%) 15% DECREASE
Unit 2: 35% core damage (30%) 5% INCREASE
Unit 3: 30% core damage (25%) 5% INCREASE

(Color added for emphasis.)

This reflects a revised assessment [color=limegreen]rather than any recent changes in conditions in the reactor cores.

Hey, team, does this jive with previous info released by TEPCO and/or the JAPGOV?

Still blowing smoke...

White "smoke" continues to be emitted from Unit 2 and Unit 3. There was no more white "smoke" seen emanating from Unit 4 as of 21:30 UTC on 25 April or from Unit 1 as of 21:30 UTC on 30 April.

In Unit 1 fresh water is being continuously injected into the reactor pressure vessel through the feedwater line at an indicated flow rate of 6 m3/h using a temporary electric pump with off-site power.

In Unit 2 and Unit 3 fresh water is being continuously injected into the reactor pressure vessel through the fire extinguisher line at an indicated rate of 7 m3/h using temporary electric pumps with off-site power.

On 29 April TEPCO checked the status inside the reactor building of Unit 1 using a remotely controlled robot and confirmed that there was [color=limegreen]no significant leakage of water from the primary containment vessel. Nitrogen gas is still being injected into the containment vessel in Unit 1 to reduce the possibility of hydrogen combustion inside the containment vessel. The indicated pressure in the reactor pressure vessel is still increasing.

The indicated pressure in the reactor pressure vessel is still increasing.

This would seem to indicate that there are no leaks in the RPV as of today, 29 April 2011.

Perhaps an important point to remember.

In Unit 1, the indicated temperature at the feedwater nozzle of the reactor pressure vessel is
142° C and at the bottom of reactor pressure vessel is 106° C.

Hot water (286.7˚ F) is being injected at 6 tonnes/hour.

Where is this water going?

Why hot water? We thought the objective was to cool.

In Unit 2 the indicated temperature at the feedwater nozzle of the reactor pressure vessel is 118 °C. The reactor pressure vessel and the dry well remain at atmospheric pressure. On 28 April an amount of 43 tonnes of fresh water was injected into the spent fuel pool using the spent fuel pool clean-up system.

Why the difference in water temperature?

Where is this fresh water coming from that it is hot?

On 28 April an amount of 43 tonnes of fresh water was injected into the spent fuel pool using the spent fuel pool clean-up system.

Does this indicate that the SFP "clean-up system" is back to fully operational status?

On 2 May an amount of 55 tonnes of fresh water was injected into the Unit 2 spent fuel pool using the fuel pool clean-up system.

In the matter of only 4 days, where did the previously-injected water go? If it was filled only on 28 April, 55 tonnes of water is "missing" from the SFP clean-up system, indicating something less than fully operational... n'est-ce pas?

Or is all back to "normal" and merely "circulating" the water? If so, where did the water go?

In Unit 3 the indicated temperature at the feed water nozzle of the reactor pressure vessel is 99 °C and at the bottom of the reactor pressure vessel is 124 °C. The reactor pressure vessel and the dry well remain at atmospheric pressure.

Again, why the difference in water temperature?

There has been no change in the status in Unit 5 or in the common spent fuel storage facility.

OK now for you "anti-scattering agent" buffs.

Spraying of anti-scattering agent at the site is continuing. An area of about 1 000 m2 on the south side of the turbine building of Unit 4, and an area of about 4 400 m2 of the surface on the slope around the former main office building, near the on-site gymnasium and on the west side of the shallow draft quay, were sprayed on 1 May.

And now, for something completely different.

2. Radiation Monitoring
The daily monitoring of deposition of caesium and iodine radionuclides for the 47 prefectures continues. Deposition of Cs-137 and Cs-134 was detected in six prefectures on 2 May. The values reported ranged from 2.6 Bq/m2 to 19 Bq/m2.

Compared with recent data, deposition of these radionuclides has been detected in fewer prefectures and in lower amounts than for previous days.

Recent data being the immediately preceding 51 days since 3/11?

"Fewer prefectures" and "lower amounts than for previous days" is Newspeak - Doublethink- Goggledegook - Bravo Sierra - it all means the same - disinformation.

Gamma dose rates are measured daily in all 47 prefectures.

[color=limegreen]A general decreasing trend has been observed in all locations since around 20 March.

How is this possible?

Does this even seem feasible - or is the fix already in at this early date?

Take particular look of the low descriptions being used in the following portion of this travesty.

Gamma dose rates reported on 2 May remain at 1.7 µSv/h for Fukushima prefecture and 0.11 µSv/h for Ibaraki prefecture.

The other 45 prefectures had gamma dose rates of below 0.1 µSv/h, falling within the range of local natural background radiation levels.

Gamma dose rates reported specifically for the eastern part of Fukushima prefecture, for distances of more than 30 km from the Fukushima Daiichi plant, ranged from 0.1 µSv/h to 19.7 µSv/h, as reported on 2 May.

Since 1 April there has been [color=limegreen]one remaining restriction on the consumption of drinking water relating to I-131 (with a limit of 100 Bq/L), which is applicable only for [color=limegreen]one village in the Fukushima prefecture and [color=limegreen]only for infants.

According to the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), I-131 was detected in one prefecture on 29 April, with a reported value of 0.22 Bq/L; in two prefectures on 30 April, with reported levels of 0.04 Bq/L and 0.10 Bq/L respectively; and in one prefecture on 1 May, with a reported level of 0.38 Bq/L. Cs-137 was reported on 30 April in only one prefecture, with a measured level of 0.05 Bq/L.

All these levels are [color=limegreen]below the limits set by the Japanese authorities for the restriction of water consumption due to the presence of radionuclides. The other samples did not show levels of radionuclides above the detection limit for I-131, Cs-134 and Cs-137.

This implies that there was no I-131, Cs-134 and Cs-137, which simply is not the case.

Food Restrictions
On 1 May restrictions were lifted on the distribution of raw unprocessed milk in Fukushima prefecture from the city of Minamisouma (limited to Kashima-ku and excluding Karasuzaki, Ouchi, Kawago and Shionosaki areas) and Kawamata town (excluding Yamakiya area).

That's great news, right? After all, only on 19 March did this news come out regarding the contamination of milk in Japan.

Japan Finds Radiation in Milk, Drinking Water
www.komonews.com...
FUKUSHIMA, Japan (AP) - In the first sign that contamination from Japan's stricken nuclear complex had seeped into the food chain, officials said Saturday that radiation levels in spinach and milk from farms near the tsunami-crippled facility exceeded government safety limits.
Six workers trying to bring the Fukushima Dai-ichi plant back under control were exposed to more than 100 millisieverts of radiation - Japan's normal limit for those involved in emergency operations, according to Tokyo Electric Power Co., which operates the complex. The [color=limegreen]government raised that limit to 250 millisieverts on Tuesday as the crisis escalated.

Officials said the crisis at the plant appeared to be stabilizing, with near-constant dousing of dangerously overheated reactors and uranium fuel, but the situation was still far from resolved.

And, perhaps , the quote of the day from 19 March 2011:

We more or less do not expect to see anything worse than what we are seeing now,
said Hidehiko Nishiyama of the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency.

Not to be outdone with this gem:

Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano, meanwhile, insisted
the contaminated foods pose no immediate health risk.

3. Marine Monitoring
The marine monitoring programme is carried out both near the discharge areas of the Fukushima Daiichi plant by TEPCO and at off-shore stations by MEXT. (The locations of the sampling positions have been provided in previous briefings.)

Increased radioactivity in the marine environment occurred by aerial deposition and by discharges and outflow of contaminated water with a high radioactivity level.

Really?

Marine Discharges
In a news release issued on 25 April, NISA communicated its evaluation of a report submitted by TEPCO on 21 April in relation to contaminated water with a high radioactivity level that flowed out from Unit 2 of the Fukushima Daiichi plant.

The outflow rate is estimated to have been approximately 4.3 m3/h. The concentrations of the relevant radionuclides, estimated from measurements, were 5400 MBq/L of I-131, 1800 MBq/L of Cs-134 and 1800 MBq/L of Cs-137.

The outflow rate is estimated to have been approximately 4.3 m3/h.

Exactly what amount of contaminated water with a high radioactivity level are we talking about?

(Another instance where the water database comes in handy.)

4.3 cubic meters/hour is 4.3 tonnes/h, right?

How many hours are we speaking of, or is this an on-going situation?

Seawater Monitoring
The activity concentrations of I-131, Cs-134 and Cs-137 in sea water at the screen of Unit 2 were measured every day from 2 April to 30 April. The [color=limegreen]concentrations fell by several orders of magnitude from initial values of more than 100 MBq/L at the beginning of April to less than 10 kBq/L for Cs-134 and Cs-137 on 30 April, with a continuing decreasing trend.

These figures also seem to be incorrect in both the numbers quoted and the inference that all are on a "continuing decreasing trend."

Newspeak.

However, levels of I-131 remained at around 100 kBq/L from 26 April to 30 April at this sampling position. The sandbags containing Zeolite® absorbers that were placed at several locations between Unit 2 and Unit 4 to reduce the concentrations of Cs-134 and Cs-137 seem to be effective.

The concentrations of the relevant radionuclides at the other TEPCO sampling positions show a [color=limegreen]general decreasing trend up to 30 April.

Monitoring performed by MEXT at off-shore sampling positions consists of:

Measurement of ambient dose rate in air above the sea;
Analysis of ambient dust above the sea;
Analysis of surface samples of seawater; and
Analysis of samples of seawater collected at 10 m above the sea bottom.

The analysis for almost all sampling positions has shown a general decreasing trend in concentrations of the relevant radionuclides over time.

Samples were taken at stations 1 - 10 every four days after 2 April. Activity concentrations at MEXT sampling points 30 km off-shore are significantly lower than those at TEPCO sampling points 15 km off-shore. None of the activity concentrations of I-131 and Cs-137 in surface samples taken from points 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and S-3 on 27 April and from points 2, 6 and S-4 on 25 April were above the detection limits. Samples taken from points 4, 8 and 10 showed concentrations of Cs-137 between of 10.5 Bq/L and 40 Bq/L. Only the sample from point 10 had an I-131 activity concentration, at 21.5 Bq/L, that was above the detection limit.

Samples were taken at the recently added off-shore stations at the Ibaraki prefecture on 25 April. There were no activity concentrations of I-131 and Cs-137 in the surface layer of sea water that were above the detection limits.

Radiation Monitoring in Ports
On 22 April the Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT) issued guidelines for radiation measurements in ports in Japan in order to provide foreign port authorities with accurate data. The guidelines cover gamma dose rate measurements for export shipping containers and shipping as well as radiation monitoring of the atmosphere and of sea water in ports.

And this is an "official" report issued to the public.

No wonder the cover-up is so complete... disinformation everywhere.

Will we stand for much more of this?

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorfourwinds

In Unit 1, the indicated temperature at the feedwater nozzle of the reactor pressure vessel is
142° C and at the bottom of reactor pressure vessel is 106° C.

Hot water (286.7˚ F) is being injected at 6 tonnes/hour.

Where is this water going?

Why hot water? We thought the objective was to cool.

Well, if the hot water is cooler than the fuel, it WILL cool.

A couple of observations - if you think the fuel is maybe not totally controlled, i.e. it's on the edge of going critical because it's no longer where it should be, like in a heap on the bottom of the containment, you would tend to use hot water instead of cold. Cold water is a better moderator. If you sparge with cold water, you can push a near-critical assembly back into reaction.

Also - what pressure do you have to run to keep 146 degree C water liquid? I don't have a big water phase diagram handy. But I suspect that you'd have to have quite a bit of pressure to do so. The fact that it's coming out cooler than it went in tells you it's vaporizing in there and the steam's leaking off, cooling the liquid. Or else the cooling tower's still working, which I doubt.

Why the difference in water temperature?

Where is this fresh water coming from that it is hot?

Going around in a loop through the cleaner, most likely, the fuel's heating the water, as well as the paddlewheel work of the pumps. You can preheat a reactor to near operating temps if you cut off the cooling and just pump the coolant water in a loop fast enough, long enough.

Again, why the difference in water temperature?

If it's coming out hotter than it went in, that tells you the fuel is still putting out thermal energy, either from daughter product decay or the fuel's actually a bit supercritical and the reaction's still running.

If it's coming out cooler than it went in, that tells you you probably have a steam leak, if the incoming temp is >100C.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Greetings:

Meanwhile, back to the Fukushima World-Killer Nuke Meltdowns and the [color=limegreen]continuing radiation poising of our land, food and children - 24/7/365.

zorgon, what is your take on this?

Well, I spent three weeks following that Fukushima story doggedly... then in the end I found out three things...

1) Except for a handful of people and those that live in the area... NO ONE CARES...

2) We are still here... 1000's of nuke tests (especially near my home town) medical radiation, space radiation, CME's, cell tower radiation, microwave radiation... etc etc.. and we are STILL HERE.. and world population is increasing exponentially

3) Radiation is good for you

Greetings:

Thank you for your insightful and timely response.

1) We have been attempting to sound the alarm in the many nuke-related threads in our signature, and have come to the same conclusion: NO ONE CARES...

However, having spent the last six weeks on the road in the Hurricane Irene-ravaged areas of North Carolina, we were amazed - no, dumfounded - that [color=limegreen]NOT ONE PERSON we spoke with (including fellow First Responder Volunteer Firepersons) had any clue about Fukushima 24/7/365.

The Captain of the local department said that "there is no problem, or the USGOV/EPA would alert us, and it would be on television, right? (!???!)

Revised Conclusion: The people have been denied the basic information to make informed decisions as to how best "handle" the radiation poisoning nightmare.

2) Never thought that you would not be (there) "here" - after all, who would want to leave that pool? And whatever happens in "here" (there) stays in "here," (there), right mate?

3) You and Ann Coulter make such a great pair...

Glad to be back.

As we have been attempting to bring to light for over six months (!), there exists a world-wide conspiracy in the MSM to deprive the public of the facts regarding the dire consequences of the melt-throughs of the nuclear reactors at Fukushima-Daiichi.

Please listen up, people.

Your life and the lives of your loved ones may very well depend on your access to and use thereof of potentially life-saving information being kept from you by the EPA/USGOV.

The total number of days between Friday, March 11th, 2011 and Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 is 214 days.

The radiation poisoning of our people, food and land has continued unabated - 24/7/365 - for exactly 7 months.

For your edification and enjoyment (bewilderment), a few 'notable' stories that seemed to miss mass circulation and perhaps a peek at what might have been missed on the 6:00 o'clock news...:

Three days into the disaster, this FOR EYES ONLY memo circulated at the NRC.

14 March 2011
NRC ONLY Update – All 3 Reactor Cores Likely Damaged

15 March 2011
Fukushima Daiichi Units Degrading – Zirconium Fire at Reactor 4 SFP – Reactor 2 Possible Reactor Vessel Breach & Ex-Vessel Core Reaction

My goodness gracious! And we thought they (TEPCO/JAPGOV) said they had this "stabilized..." and presumably under control...

At least, that is what they (and the EPA/USGOV) would have you believe.

Fast-forward about six months to more headlines you may have missed in your local media:

21 August 2011
Fukushima Officials Worry New Discovery of Radioactive Beef Will Harm Reputation More After Farmer Confirms Cattle Not Fed Contaminated Rice Straw

21 August 2011
4,000 Potentially Radioactive Cows Without Radioactive Rice Hay May Have Been Shipped from One Farm in Namie-Machi, Fukushima

29 August 2011
Why the Fukushima Disaster Is Worse Than Chernobyl

31 August 2011
France Releases Map of Cesium-137 Deposition Across the Pacific – Shows the US More Contaminated Than Western Japan

[color=limegreen]Will this insanity ever end?

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
These are some sources of medical radioactive waste. It could have been what they were hauling

Y-90, used for treating lymphoma
I-131, used for thyroid function tests and for treating thyroid cancer
Sr-89, used for treating bone cancer, intravenous injection
Ir-192, used for brachytherapy
Co-60, used for brachytherapy and external radiotherapy
Cs-137, used for brachytherapy, external radiotherapy

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join