It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phil Imbrogno gone from field - he faked his educational credentials

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by badboy666
I let this go this long because I wanted to see who would actually come and support me... only one person. I have to admit I have been feeling like a celebrity here.

Nah, you shouldn't feel like a celebrity. You should feel like a fraud.
Vietnam war-era special forces eh? Djinn in Saudi Arabia?
I guess the horse# is pretty addictive; once you get into some, all you want is more.
edit on 14/7/2011 by softbeard because:
edit on 14/7/2011 by softbeard because: sp
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Regarding the post from badboy666 - I'd be cautious, at this point in time, to accept that it's written by Imbrogno. I could easily imagine it being written by a debunker to stir-the-pot even further.

~ Susan

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Different name huh? Nope. I don't buy it. Like everything else, that is baloney. You have property in that name Phil. The different name angle is seriously where you want to go? I know better. The problem with lies is that they compound and get too hard to manage.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by badboy666

About a month before I allowed the web information to be released I retired after thirty years of teaching.It was geeting more difficult to teach serious science with my nmae being thrown out there.Now you people can make what you want of this I don't care. I still think my later books are more entertaining than most.

You mean under the name that you have kept secret? I'm confused. Harder to teach serious science using a name nobody knows? Hmmm, I think you should have gone down the "Gubmn't erased my past" angle.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I'd have my doubts that post from "Badboy666" was typed by Philip Imbrogno?

Imbrogno, would not have posted his response in such a negative tone, would he?

Nevermind, the fact that post from badboy is full of grammatical errors and spellings mistakes!!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by brown953
Regarding the post from badboy666 - I'd be cautious, at this point in time, to accept that it's written by Imbrogno. I could easily imagine it being written by a debunker to stir-the-pot even further.

~ Susan

Oh God, yes.

Watch out for those debunkers. They are the true villains in this story.

===

As to the post above, claiming to be from Phil, I think that the writing style (including grammar and spelling mistakes) is quite similar to the emails I got from him. You can never be sure but I would not be surprised if the post was genuine.

Having now listened to many of his podcast interviews, it was striking how poor his grammar was in those. He also had trouble pronouncing words, for instance saying "CAV-REN" for "cavern" and "A-NOM-A-NA-LY" for anomaly.

While listening to him speak about J. Allen Hynek, I felt as though the stories were being made up off of the top of his head. For instance he describes a conversation between himself and Hynek about Roswell saying that Hynek told him that he believed that Project Mogul was responsible for the incident. Project Mogul was not discussed as solution for Roswell until well after Hynek's death in 1986.

The above post, to my reading, is a thumbing of the nose to everyone in the "field". If authentic, I find it a fascinating end to another chapter in the sad UFO story.

Lance

edit on 14-7-2011 by lancemoody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by lancemoody

Having read "FIles from the Edge" I believe the post from badboy to be in Phil's "voice." The story also meshes exactly with what we have seen unfolding.

I imagine that similar carnival sideshow operators out there "in the field" are upset that he has let the cat of the bag so to speak. I still think the true value of the Phil Imbrogno affair will be in the reactions to it by those "remaining in the field." We've already seen the true colors of several with more to come I imagine.

Kuddos to Lance, Chris, Ron, and Don Ecker for their investigative work.

edit on 14-7-2011 by trainedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by trainedobserver
reply to post by lancemoody

Having read "FIles from the Edge" I believe the post from badboy to be in Phil's "voice." The story also messes exactly with what we have seen unfolding.

You know, it really doesn't matter much whether badboy is really Phil or not. The post doesn't have much real information in it anyways. For what its worth, I think it would be pretty hard for an imposter to come up with this rambling nonesense. If it's not the real Phil, I'm sure real-Phil will let everyone know.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The best defense is a good offense. The thing about the Internet being cut off, though, doesn't sound right to me. I trust we all use the Internt for a lot more than for our favorite hobby. FWIW MIT has ALL their coursework online for anyone to get at.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I doubt very much that the post was by Phil Imbrogno. He could have used his real name as it isn't registered as a name on ATS. My gut says it was just a clever troll. Smart enough to hit some hot-buttons and uneducated enough to have bad grammar.

I know for sure that a number of podcasts have actually given out my address and cell phone number.

On top of that, I have to confess to listening to podcasts as soon as they are uploaded and I've never heard one give out phone numbers or addresses. BB666 is talking out of his ass.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I wonder if SkepticOverlord would be able to tell who badboy666 really is?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Skeptic Overlord would have more ethics than to identify the locations of members.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

On top of that, I have to confess to listening to podcasts as soon as they are uploaded and I've never heard one give out phone numbers or addresses. BB666 is talking out of his ass.

I caught that too. However, if this was Phil, we already know he talks out his ass right?

The phrasing, cadence, word choice, all seem to emulate Imbrognos. I could be wrong of course, I am quite often.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
If it's a fake it's a very good fake--including the bit about other shows giving out his phone number. If someone faked this they'd have to have spoken with him first, I think.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremy_Vaeni
All of that said, I'm not siding with anyone. All I'm saying is that what he told me makes sense and the reason for confidentiality--which he asked me for at the end of the explanation, not as a condition of receiving one, I might add--also makes sense. (It makes short term sense, though, not eternal sense. We do need public answers. I suspect that since he has two books scheduled for release despite his leaving the field, there's an impetus to give them.)

Just because it makes sense doesn't mean he's telling the truth, of course. We shall see. All I'm asking for is that you think before you trip over yourselves trying to destroy a man because some debunker most of you have never heard of tells you he knows what's what. He could be lying. He could be exaggerating. He could be misinterpreting the fruits of his investigation. He could be completely correct. That last one is an option, but clearly not the only one.

If it's a fake it's a very good fake--including the bit about other shows giving out his phone number. If someone faked this they'd have to have spoken with him first, I think.

So, can you tell us what Phil said to you that "made sense" now?

edit on 15-7-2011 by trainedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If one understand what Jihad is, many of these bozos are utterly transparent. They engage in the time-honored practice of fitna. ATS has lots of muslims engaged in fitna. Indeed, much of the alien mumbo jumbo in these boards is fitna. Much if derived from Islamic mysticism. You are all being deceived.

Oh well, keep on denying the Jihad.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by trainedobserver

Nope. I'm not 100% sure this is him. And to this day I/we have not made public our email exchanges with Jacobs or "Elizabeth."

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

And to this day I/we have not made public our email exchanges with Jacobs or "Elizabeth."

I don't see how that is relevant to the question.

It's a moot point anyway. The guy is a complete fraud who has made himself irrelevant whether badboy666's rant is his swan song or not.

edit on 15-7-2011 by trainedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
just from their names you can tell if they're fake. Phil Imbrogno.. yea, too novel of a last name.. you know he's a phony.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I don't know if it is kosher here or not to link to my blog. But I have posted a long story of how this all started.
Lance

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join