It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey Anthony found innocent!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Will we riot like they did for OJ? The prosecution botched the case, the press has been all over it since even before the arrest. She has gotten away with murder.

I will post links. My office is in an uproar at the moment.

Not Guilty on all counts, except for "providing false information to authorites."

ETA:
Ahhh, just saw this existing thread in the Political News forum Guilty of....lying.
edit on 5-7-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

First News Story I found posted
edit on 5-7-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Sounds like they are concerned with rioting?

Deputies are warning members of the public to express "absolutely nothing"

Sheriff Jerry Demings is sitting in the courtroom. He is in uniform, sitting this time in the second row of the gallery, on the first floor.

The case's lead investigators -- Orange County detectives Eric Edwards, Yuri Melich and John Allen; as well as FBI agent Nick Savage are seated together in the last row of the balcony.

About 150 people have gathered outside the courthouse to await the verdict. Deputies are stationed around the grounds directing gawkers to keep walkways clear. Two women discussed the case with each other loudly before chanting "guilty! Guilty!"

Media from all over the state and nation are swarming the courthouse complex.

Onlookers are everywhere.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Un flipping believeable. I am shocked by the outcome in this case. It's so blatantly obvious that this (insert expletive here) is guilty it makes me sick. I am utterly speachless. After waiting for nearly a month to see justice served to this low life, she now gets to continue breathing the free air...... I am so pissed off at the jurry right now.

Get the mob together. Impart some real JUSTICE, the kind they use on the street.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It seemed very obvious to me. As bad as the decision seems, juries don't always get it right, but juries are a lot better than the alternatives.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Honestly I was doing my best to NOT follow the trial, but I was exposed to about 20 minutes of it in bits and pieces, and the prosecution did a piss-poor job. The defense poked a couple of holes in key places, and then the prosecuter berated Casey Anthony during closing arguments and forced her into a sobbing mess, and she looked pitiful and sympathetic. Terrible terrible terrible strategy on behalf of the prosecution.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I will always trust the decisions of a court before the emotional rhetoric of the masses. If they found her innocent then by-God she is innocent, not a murderer.

Glad this is finally over and I do not have to hear people yelling about it any longer.
edit on 7/5/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Un flipping believeable. I am shocked by the outcome in this case. It's so blatantly obvious that this (insert expletive here) is guilty it makes me sick. I am utterly speachless. After waiting for nearly a month to see justice served to this low life, she now gets to continue breathing the free air...... I am so pissed off at the jurry right now.

Get the mob together. Impart some real JUSTICE, the kind they use on the street.

right...because apparently YOU have more information than the jury has about the case...i mean, why even have a jury trial, when YOU have all the evidence that was given to you by the media.

besides...why is the media spending all this valuable on-air time on 1 murder trial, how about some news that might...just might...be affecting all the rest of the nations people and their lives.
i have been switching channels for weeks now every time that crap has come on...even C-SPAN has been more informative.
edit on 5-7-2011 by jimmyx because: context

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Someone being founded NOT GUILTY doesn't mean they are [found] INNOCENT.
What a sad day this is.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The verdict was spot on, as the prosecutors Failed big time...

Too bad the Court of Public Opinion didn't matter...one of the few times a mob lynching seems righteous.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I will always trust the decisions of a court before the emotional rhetoric of the masses. If they found her innocent then by-God she is innocent, not a murderer.

Glad this is finally over and I do not have to hear people yelling about it any longer.
edit on 7/5/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

I'm glad it is over, and I say we respect the court as well, although in OJ's case, they just found a different court with more lax rules, and I think that is extremely wrong!

On the other hand, the legal system is so easily manipulated by skill and strategy of the lawyers, and that is exactly what happened here. The system might be the best we can hope for, but it is still extremely lacking. This was not a case of an innocent defendent, this was a case of a poor prosecution, and in most high-profile cases, this will happen.

Prosecutors are public servants on low salaries, with limited resources, and their evidence comes from low salaried law enforcement, and their expert witnesses come from state contracted "experts." On the other hand, private defense can be expensive and top notch work. The private eyes can be expensive and top notch at their work, and they have ways and means that are not always within the letter of the law, so they are superior to the state's resources. The expert witnesses can also be expensive and top notch, well-published, and charismatic in their delivery.

The prosecution rarely stands a chance in any high-profile case.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonibelle
What a sad day this is.

Technically true, but with double jeopardy attached, what is the difference really?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Honestly I was doing my best to NOT follow the trial, but I was exposed to about 20 minutes of it in bits and pieces, and the prosecution did a piss-poor job. The defense poked a couple of holes in key places, and then the prosecuter berated Casey Anthony during closing arguments and forced her into a sobbing mess, and she looked pitiful and sympathetic. Terrible terrible terrible strategy on behalf of the prosecution.

I believe they knew all along she was innocent. This trial was more about lying to a police officer... and what can happen when you do. I am elated that she was found not guilty!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Rioting? Are they SERIOUS??? This is not the 90s where there was little to no entertainment on tv. There is a wild variety of shows built around "real" situations. I don't even know if this was broadcast on tv...If it wasn't than I really think that the MEDia is trying to start something or someone was just being fecious...seriously.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

What a sad day this is.

Technically true, but with double jeopardy attached, what is the difference really?

True. But there's always karma.
I do believe in that.

link   
I dont like following this stuff, but this was indeed a shock...
I dont presume to know if she is guilty or innocent, the ONLY person knows is Casey Anthony.
If she is guilty, then she will par for her crimes with her soul.
If she is innocent, then she has been vindicated.

The ONLY loser is Caylee. Bottom line.

link   
Vigilante justice is an oxymoron.

Justice may well have not been delivered today...but you and I are certainly NOT informed enough of the true facts to make that decision.

You all rail on about how MSN is inaccurate and sensational...well perhaps this is another case of just that, sensationalism...bread and circuses...for the masses.

link   

What a sad day this is.

Life and death
I believe she did it, but it doesn't matter if there isn't enough evidence to prove that she did.
You can be guilty and not be caught, it happens all the time.
Casey's pooping bottles of Goose tonight!
edit on 5-7-2011 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I have to disagree with you, they used millions of tax dollars in prosecuting this case

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I think the entire trial was KARMA... for lying to police officers.
edit on 5-7-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamusic
Rioting? Are they SERIOUS??? This is not the 90s where there was little to no entertainment on tv. There is a wild variety of shows built around "real" situations. I don't even know if this was broadcast on tv...If it wasn't than I really think that the MEDia is trying to start something or someone was just being fecious...seriously.

Really? This was on every network news outlet Live during the day, rebroadcast and discussed by pundits all night. This was the ONLY news story for the last few weeks!! Yes it was on TV.

The 90's had great entertainment, a better economy, a better political scene, and the people actually trusted the press to some extent, and they still rioted!! Today everyone is broke, unemployed, angry, and the know the press is lying to them.........the tinderbox for rioting is fully charged and ready to light!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join