It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The queen of England owns ALL the sturgeons, whales and dolphins within 3 miles of England.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Some still-active laws from the good ol' USA..

"One must acknowledge a supreme being before being able to hold public office."
"It is illegal to sell one's eye."
"Bear wrestling matches are prohibited."
"It is illegal to display colored chickens for sale."
"It is illegal to howl at ladies within a city's limits."

I think I've made my point. I'll let the Queen have her fish over those anyday.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by proph3t777
Some still-active laws from the good ol' USA..

"One must acknowledge a supreme being before being able to hold public office."
"It is illegal to sell one's eye."
"Bear wrestling matches are prohibited."
"It is illegal to display colored chickens for sale."
"It is illegal to howl at ladies within a city's limits."

I think I've made my point. I'll let the Queen have her fish over those anyday.

All these are legit except the colored chickens one, I mean who cares what color chickens are.

I am sad for you British subjects, how does it not bother you that another human owns an entire species?
Do commoners truly believe royals are better than them? (this is a serious question).

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Are you still rabbiting on about this?

A few things:

Why are you so obsessed with something that doesn't affect you in any way whatsover?

Is your life so empty of anything of interest or value that you have to obsess over this?

Why do you continue to disregard the opinions of UK members who have told you time and again that The British Royal Family are nothing more than a quaint old anachronism who provide a cultural focal point but who have no real power whatsoever, is it arrogance or ignorance - or perhaps both?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

And a serious answer. No it does not bother us for the simple reason that it is not valid.

Tjat law was cited from the C12th, As it has been noted earlier the monarchy was overthrown in the UK during the civil war.

And was only restored on the point that the monarchy is a figure head, as no one was willing to take the post head of state. Even when Cromwell was offered the post he refused. Therefore it does not need repealing now as it is superseded by legislative law, under the governance of the houses of parliament.

Should such things still be in force, I would be required to practice each day for 3 hours with my Longbow, and shoot any Welshman found inside the walls of Chester after the stroke of midnight.

It seems that we British have something that our American cousins here seem to be lacking.

Logical Rationalisation and commonsense.

By the way If you want to get upset about the property of the British Crown, you had better look into your own history, on what was to be paid to the King of England by the colonies, and what was agreed after the cessation (yes CESSATION) of hostilities after our spat in the C18th, and just what was actually agreed to by your, forefathers, i.e. English traitors every one.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderheartI am sad for you British subjects, how does it not bother you that another human owns an entire species?

Because it just isn't important.

Do commoners truly believe royals are better than them? (this is a serious question).

No.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join