It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1776, the tale of our nations birth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Happy fourth of July USA!
edit on 4-7-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
1176 or did you mean 1776?

...and thanks

4th verse of the US National Anthem

Personal favorite rendition of the 4th verse

edit on 4-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

hahah thanks man. My bad.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Great country now led by very bad people ...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Speaking on the topic of our Nations birth, here is a history lesson for those who know not, the history that predeceases them, and our Countries lineage. One of revolution, and opposition to government on certain occasions.

Drafted by Thomas Jefferson between June 11 and June 28, 1776, the Declaration of Independence is at once the nation's most cherished symbol of liberty and Jefferson's most enduring monument. Here, in exalted and unforgettable phrases, Jefferson expressed the convictions in the minds and hearts of the American people. The political philosophy of the Declaration was not new; its ideals of individual liberty had already been expressed by John Locke and the Continental philosophers. What Jefferson did was to summarize this philosophy in "self-evident truths" and set forth a list of grievances against the King in order to justify before the world the breaking of ties between the colonies and the mother country.

Declaration of Independence

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

July 4, 1776

edit on 4-7-2011 by ADVISOR because: I need the practice

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Speaking on the topic of our Nations birth, here is a history lesson for those who know not, the history that predeceases them, and our Countries lineage. One of revolution, and opposition to government on certain occasions.

Drafted by Thomas Jefferson between June 11 and June 28, 1776, the Declaration of Independence is at once the nation's most cherished symbol of liberty and Jefferson's most enduring monument. Here, in exalted and unforgettable phrases, Jefferson expressed the convictions in the minds and hearts of the American people. The political philosophy of the Declaration was not new; its ideals of individual liberty had already been expressed by John Locke and the Continental philosophers. What Jefferson did was to summarize this philosophy in "self-evident truths" and set forth a list of grievances against the King in order to justify before the world the breaking of ties between the colonies and the mother country.

Declaration of Independence

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

July 4, 1776

edit on 4-7-2011 by ADVISOR because: I need the practice
So are you advocating the overthrow of the legimate elected government of this country by force?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
And what are they showing on the History Channel? How the States got their shapes. What about National Geo? Border Wars.. Theres been nothing at all on any of the so called documentary channels about the Revolutionary War or the Constitution or any thing that you would think would be aired on Independence Day.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
HBO aired their John Adams series. But I felt it was a little Hollywood......do I really need to see John and Abigail Adams making love? HHmmmm???

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

How did you come to that conclusion? Please explain because that is quite a loaded question to asking, especially of me.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Yeah...so...

Guess I won't hold my breath on that one.

new topics

top topics

join