It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution can speculate to prove a CREATOR/ARCHITECT/GOD!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowZion

Who is to say that the earth was not created by a being high on the evolutionary scale? And that being built the lakes, the grass, the plants, the humans, the sun, the moon, the stars but we built over it.

The other option(s) are just as valid as that one considering God/Religion are just terms contrived by ancient man many thousands of years ago.

There could be an infinite amount of alternatives as to the causation of why the Universe exists. Many humans tend to believe the God/Religion one because they contrived it many thousands of years ago and wrote Religious Doctrine convincing the masses to believe in something or be persecuted.

No-one of course can know the Answer yet probably.

Its all based on Conjecture and speculation even what i am proclaiming

Socrates" I know that i know nothing"

I'm Agnostic.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Versatile is right.
I moved here to SE Asia from America, and I saw a lot of homes built with bamboo. I noticed that they outlive, outlast, and out perform every other building product at fractions of the cost. Bamboo here grows on average a foot a day. bamboo is great, I actually had some of my furniture made out of bamboo.

Anyway, to stay on topic for the sake of this thread,. your right Chimps need love too.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This is related to free will. We only have the free will to choose. If you take it steps further, you see that we do not do anything apart from choices to create. We can create love. We can create hate. We are all choice, chance and the actions of others. From my perspective, chance is God's choice called providence.

Think about it. Do we activate the cones and rods in our eyes to see? Do we digest our food? Do we grow our hair. Do we make the sun shine? NO. All things outside our mind are on autopilot. We only steer the vehicle of our bio-mechanical suit in one direction or another. Choices, beliefs and our own unique creations constitute the extent of our free will.

The laws of nature answer all our choices with reactions. Drop something and it falls. No action is devoid of a reaction that is pre-programmed by God into nature. When you cross out all the requirement for life that can be listed on a piece of paper, we only do a handful of these processes. We eat. We reproduce. We think. We create. That's about it. God's got the rest for us.

Reduce this down and you get only one meaningful activity. Love God by loving others with your abilities. Return the favor to God.

edit on 3-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I sometimes get the feeling that animals are a lot smarter than we give them credit for. We're just too obsessed with the size of our brains to notice, I think.

That aside, that's some interesting speculation.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Animals are alot smarter than we give them credit for, but they lack intelligence, the intelligence to communicate, the ambition to try and communicate with other animals that arent there own.

e.g my mate found a stray dog yesterday walking down the road, took him in. We decided we would move the puppy to a mates house who has a dog to keep the dog company, i will be seeing that dog today.

But all the two dogs could do was lick each others genitals and bumholes. surely if they were intelligent enough they would know that diseases can come from that.

I love animals, but some of them would die without us and some would survive without us

Win - win , lose -lose situation.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

The greater apes communicate with humans, and in some cases even have a rough duologue. Same with dolphins.
Not only are the able to respond to humans but hey can also make requests, ask questions, and even express views. They are not as extravagant as human perspective, but it would certainly be classified as intelligence not just instinct.
If one were to say that humans are the ones seeking something from the animal, the same could be said for the tribe in a far away jungle that has never seen man. They are not seeking to discover white people, nor do they have an inclination to do so.
edit on 4-7-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

thats because they wouldn't know they exist, surely you cannot believe that we are mere animals.

One thing that cannot be denied is the reason we wear clothes.

But thats because we dont have fur?
yes maybe so but no other animal does that doesen't have fur

but we used to have fur evolution took it away from us?
Yes but why is the correct question, fur wasen't being taken away from us because somebody was about to invent clothes it just wouldn't work that way.

One of the reasons i find it hard to believe that dinosaurs survived and are actually chikens.

All dinosaurs are the same, the comet hit the earth, none could survive, unless the theory that evolution occurs suddenly at its most desperate time, then i could agree with the dinosaur evolving into birds, but otherwise they all would have said bye bye.

This entire planet and all of its natural life is based upon architecture, from the construction of dna, the construction of the physical being, the construction of the human mind, of any animals brain it is a piece of construction.

the brain is something so complex without a doubt it can be compared to a computer made by man.

Somebody earlier posted that humans hunger for knowledge is a key factor that distinguishes us from other animals.

Who are we to say that we werent created just like a computer was, we are pratically living computers.

Ill tell you guys something, i just had a brain shock.

when ever we get to the topic of how we came to be, when people say God, people reply with how did God come to be?

i have come to the conclusion that that is irrelevant, as we are discussing our existence not God's!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowZion
Now now now.........where to begin (how about the beginning)

I wasn't going to play, but it just seemed like too much fun to pass up on.

Okay so i have no sources of information, i have no quotes or evidence towards my claims, but if you piece 2 and 2 together you will see that it makes 4 (hope that makes sense)

Illogical statement. As not having any sources of information, you have no idea what 2 and 2 look like, letalone how to put them together and get 4.

What makes us different from other animals?

The ability to create, we are the only species on this planet that can create different architectural structures or homes.

But other animals and insects build their homes aswell, so how can you be right?

All other animals are programmed to build their homes, like instinct. None of their homes will be different to the next. an ants nest will be no different to the ants nest next to him. The same can count for birds, lions, or what ever you want.

we decorate our homes, we take pride in what our homes look like, we create our own environment.

So get on to it whats your point?

My point is that we are the only creatures able to create

This elephant disagrees with you.

So then what with evolution comes creation?

Yes with evolution comes creation, yes so if we step outside our comfort zones and think for once that we dont know everything about this planet.

Who is to say that the earth was not created by a being high on the evolutionary scale?
And that being built the lakes, the grass, the plants, the humans, the sun, the moon, the stars but we built over it.

We built over it with our own creative ideas, we built roads, we built cars, we built buildings, we destroyed the architects creation. All the things we built didn't just fall out of the sky, they had to be created.

so i feel the same applies to this world.

bear in mind this is just speculation, please let me know what you think.

Peace

I think you're completely wrong. Bible fail.

edit on 4-7-2011 by MrSensible because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

But all the two dogs could do was lick each others genitals and bumholes. surely if they were intelligent enough they would know that diseases can come from that.

Does being religious really have to inherently make one less intelligent? Does your mythological deity forbid you from a basic education? You dink, that is one way canines get to know one another, it's a form of communication for their species. Yes, gross to us, I get that, but that's how they say hello to one another. Nor do they get diseases from such communication, or licking and sniffing those areas. There's a reason why, but your too damn uneducated to even know how to look up why that is.

I love animals, but some of them would die without us and some would survive without us

Holy crap you have that half assed backwards! We would be the ones to die without them.

thats because they wouldn't know they exist, surely you cannot believe that we are mere animals.

We are part of the primate family. Were you home schooled in a bible thumper family out in the boondocks?

One thing that cannot be denied is the reason we wear clothes.

Clothing was created for basic protection (as in armor) for protection against wildlife and each other and also as protection against the elements. Thicker warmer clothing aloud us to migrate to colder environments that we were not adapted to live in, and still are not. Has nothing to do with fur. We evolved in a tropical environment around sources of water. With those two pieces of information, it's quiet apparent why we have no fur.

All dinosaurs are the same, the comet hit the earth, none could survive, unless the theory that evolution occurs suddenly at its most desperate time, then i could agree with the dinosaur evolving into birds, but otherwise they all would have said bye bye.

The dinosaurs didn't die in an instant. It took two to three million years for them to finally die off, giving ample time for some species to adapt to the changing environment. This is common knowledge to those who have an education, you should try and get one.

when ever we get to the topic of how we came to be, when people say God, people reply with how did God come to be?

i have come to the conclusion that that is irrelevant, as we are discussing our existence not God's!

Far from irrelevant as it would inherently be one aspect of the equation that requires answering if we are to have a full perspective on the issue. You're just an uneducated cognitively lazy imbecile spouting utter nonsense.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

ShadowZion, To be honest with you I am not entirely sure what this whole thread is about.
Sure the title "kind of" speaks for itself insomuch as to say you are attempting to use evolution to explain the existence of God. This in my opinion goes far beyond ludicrous.

If your actual goal is to reconcile science and faith again you have an infinitely long road ahead of you and you are not off to a good start. To fully understand the way an atheist thinks you have to be an atheist. That of course is ultimately what this thread comes around to being. A separation of science and faith from those who believe in a creator God and those who do not.

The Atheists, proposes that a god was not needed for the Creation of the universe period, and are quite adapt and explaining their points effectively. For this reason i always look critically at things and give them the benefit of the doubt much in the same way I have done throughout this thread. I personally believe in a creator God, and I have my beliefs for why that is so. I can and will no more explain my "beliefs to an atheist than I would expect an atheist to suddenly embrace the idea of God with open arms. The fact is, that the divergence between the two motivations and ideologies is so vast as to be a separation in species itself.

So with that being said, you have to understand that it is in my opinion that a person can not unilaterally have science on their side and at the same time try to explain something that is for all intense and purposes unexplainable. You see at the end of the day scientists understand the fundamentals of science as a whole, and I as a christian I do not understand the fundamentals of what it means to be God. So when it comes to explanation, science pretty much wins, hands down.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Now i ain't to big on the big bang theory because i dont understand how nothing can create something.

But you would be willing to believe a sky fairy created everything....from nothing....and she was created from nothing....thats fine yea?? Weird weird logic there

You dont understand therefor it must be magic lol, i hear this often

So you are saying that you cannot fathom anything at all, that is too bad, once you realize it , likely your head will feel like its been blown off.

Get ready..........

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Here are a few important questions for you: Are you an animal? If not, are you something better than an animal? Would there be something bad about being an animal? If so, what?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dezero

Off the top of my head, here are six countries where the majority of people are poor, but don't believe in a creator: China, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Vietnam. You’ll note that the first country named is the world’s most populous. If you choose to think of Tibet as a separate country, that makes seven.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

"have no quotes or evidence towards my claims"

And THAT says it all.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

I’ve been starring a lot of your posts in this thread. Good work.

Actually, the real reason desert people don’t keep pigs is that pigs and humans eat the same food, more or less, and when supplies are short – as they always are in the desert – the pigs become an expensive luxury, competing with humans for what little there is. The reason for having a taboo against eating pork is simply that pork is delicious, and rich people would keep pigs even if that meant poorer members of the tribe or village starved. Calling pigs unclean and bringing religious sanctions against pork-eating was a good way of putting a stop to that.

On Tikopia, a Pacific island where food is short and every inch of land is intensively farmed, the islanders still hold a feast every year to commemorate the day, hundreds of years ago, when they killed all their pigs.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Talk about a fallacy. First of all, speculation is not proof as is suggested by your title. Secondly, yes we create. But that isn't what makes us different from animals. It's our consciousness that we say puts us separate from the rest of the animal kingdom. Creation has nothing to do with it. It is simply a byproduct of consciousness. Therefore, your argument is irrational and nonsensical despite your best intentions.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The Universe was created out of thought.

Thought equals energy. Emotion increases its intensity.

Out of thought and love the Universe was manifested.

Anything we create starts as a thought. When we think we begin the creation process of manifesting something on the physical plane. The more emotion you experience (intent, passion and love you experience while thinking, preparing, planning, and executing) affect the intensity of it's final physical representation.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
if we are animalistic , then explain why we feel the need to express ourselves through the arts !
we make music because we feel an urge to make it
we paint and draw and sculpt because we feel the need to do so
we dance because we feel the need to do so .
Yet none of these things are done for anyone else apart from ourselves, at least we can create all of these things and never show them or let them be heard by anyone else.
We also create them so that others can enjoy them in either the same way we do , or so that they can find a new enjoyment or sense from the art we create.

That alone is what seperates us from the animals , well at least I think so !

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
if we are animalistic , then explain why we feel the need to express ourselves through the arts !
we make music because we feel an urge to make it
we paint and draw and sculpt because we feel the need to do so
we dance because we feel the need to do so .
Yet none of these things are done for anyone else apart from ourselves, at least we can create all of these things and never show them or let them be heard by anyone else.
We also create them so that others can enjoy them in either the same way we do , or so that they can find a new enjoyment or sense from the art we create.

That alone is what seperates us from the animals , well at least I think so !

chimps masturbate

that is all

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

I dont think creation is a by product of the conscious mind , our subconscious mind also creates things , its a tricky area , as im not sure there is much proof , but we are all aware that our subconscious mind can create things without our direct input.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join