It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French woman sues Opus Dei, claims brainwashing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

French woman sues Opus Dei, claims brainwashing

www.google.com

PARIS — A French woman claiming to have been brainwashed by the secretive Catholic society Opus Dei is suing it for allegedly keeping her illegally as a domestic servant, she told AFP Tuesday.
Catherine T., who asked not to be identified by her family name, said she joined a hoteliers' school in northeastern France in 1985, aged 14, which she later discovered was run by associates of Opus Dei.
She said she was forced to take vows and made to work as a domestic servant for virtually no pay.
Opus Dei responded in a statement that it was "not involved in the charges being brought" and had
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I guess our kind is having a field day on these news. Opus Dei is a quite a daylight shy organisation. Perhaps it will be forced into some probing and more dirty secrets will be found.

The whole story is like a visit to Bizarroworld. The two Opus Dei leader should be tranquilized and sent in to jail til they rot.

My two cents.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

Not surprised.

OPUS DEI :

"We will make sure that Sony Pictures puts a disclaimer stating it is a fiction movie at the beginning of The Davinci Code...nothing about the Opus Dei in this movie is true..."

SONY PICTURES :

"We will do no such thing. There wasn't a disclaimer in the book, there won't be one in the movie."

OPUS DEI : (After failing the attempt of a disclaimer)

"We are so grateful and happy for this movie to come out as it talks about the Opus Dei..."

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

Good for her. That hideous organization is as bad as Scientology.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
opus dei, the jesuits, the vatican...
all corrupt, does not surprise me IMO, brainwashing is everywhere, I hope she wins

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Now this IS interesting. I hope that they well report on what the courts ruling is when all is said and done. That's the problem with stories like this is it seems they never continue to report on it once the initial "this is going to happen" story comes out. If anyone hears about a response, please let us know!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Catherine weighed only 39 kilogrammes (86 pounds) in 2001 when her parents rescued her from the group. Lawyers first took legal action that year alleging "mental manipulation" among other charges. A nine-year investigation followed.

This sickens me. I'm not sure if I read it in the article, but why didn't her parents help her faster? 86lbs (although we don't know her height/frame) is a significantly low weight.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by beauty from pain

Catherine weighed only 39 kilogrammes (86 pounds) in 2001 when her parents rescued her from the group. Lawyers first took legal action that year alleging "mental manipulation" among other charges. A nine-year investigation followed.

This sickens me. I'm not sure if I read it in the article, but why didn't her parents help her faster? 86lbs (although we don't know her height/frame) is a significantly low weight.

sigh.. it's the same BS everywhere, seems the mainstream media is manipulative everywhere on this planet. opus dei, vatican etc. all is part of a big deal going on, their collaborator for turkey is the gulenist movement whose leader is a cleric being hosted in pennsylvania for over many years, just do a quick search for fethullah gulen jdp you'll be amazed. all is part of the biggie.

top topics

join