It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Base Discovered On Mars Close Up and Clear...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
rocks...definitely rocks...yea definitely rocks...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Alien BASE?! Are you kidding me? Those are just rocks, and as you can see there are many similar rock formations on Mars surface. So.. alien BASE is quite far fetched, sorry. Good camera angle creates illusion of strange rock formation, again.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

You're right.

According to AlgorimancerPG, that rock is more or less 10 cm high, so the possibilities of it being an alien base are even less than if it was bigger.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the pics OP very interesting but like most the ATS'ers on here i'm going for rock formation,i'd like to think this was something more & untill it's seen from a different angle i'm going for rock.

I always read threads about finding various things on mars,real or not they are always interesting to look at.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rhynouk

My post from a few posts back shows it at a different angle, and it looks even more like a rock.

Plus, the object seems to be under 12 inches tall (less than 30 cm tall) -- and even smaller than that (10 cm tall) according to the calculations ArMaP presented.

edit on 7/2/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
A few days ago I watched a Giga Pixel photograph. This technique would be very interesting to use with space probes and robots that land on planets, moons or what ever sollid surface...hell...even in seas it would probably have its usefulness. For people who do not know what I am talking about click here and see how such a technology would eliminate much of the frustration some of us experiance with crappy, unclear photographs made on the Moon and Mars.

PS click with your right mouse button to zoom-in.
edit on 2-7-2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I don't know, so many odd things. I was just watching the old movie Five Million Years to earth 1967, in it there is an officials office with moon picture enlargement on the wall in the picture there is a purple patch over one spot. It is like they have known of ruins on the other planets and moons for a long while, that shot was as good as any they show us today, why have we not seen better?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The rover is sitting on the ground....taking pictures of rocks on the ground in its immediate area...that supposed "base" is only like a foot tall rock lol...these are NOT aerial photo's...I repeat, NOT aerial photo's...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

That image of Budapest is impressive -- but it isn't one single image, but rather a bunch of smaller images spliced together into a mosaic. The cameras used to take the pictures for the Budapest Gigapixel image were 25-megapixel cameras.

There are in fact cameras that take a single 1-gigapixel image, but even using that camera, we would not see the detail seen in that Budapest image.

Having said that, there are certainly better cameras out there than what was sent to Mars on the Rovers, but it's a matter of how much those cameras weigh. Every gram of weight on a spacecraft is a very precious (and expensive) thing. And then one needs to consider the bandwidth for the transmission of multi-gigapixel images back to Earth.

Budapest 70 billion pixel image how-they-did-it description:
www.engadget.com...

Link to a camera that takes 1-gigapixel images:
www.gigapxl.org...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
That piece of crap sticking out of the ground on mars is not an alien base. If it was, then they must be a tragic bunch of useless aliens with primitive knowlege of basic architecture.

It's definitely rocks.
edit on 2-7-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Calling something an 'alien base' without basic information like the scale is a bit of a rooky error.

Is this 2mm high or 2 miles high?

Not even worth discussing without the very basics in place.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Nope just rocks

anyone else notice the OP hasnt responded ONCE to his own thread..........this really starts to get annoying

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Rocks. I can take a picture up close of dirt and rocks in my backyard and people like the OP will be able to find an alien base in it. Light, shadows and perspective can sure play tricks on the weak minded, kinda like my next door neighbor's 5 year old believing she saw scooby-doo in the clouds yesterday.

Did you debunk her and set her straight, champ?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by torontoguy123

In my opinion it looks like a big rock. I could be wrong though.

Peace

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ommadawn

According to ArMaP's post above, the object is approximately 10 cm tall (about 5 inches tall).

Based on the images I posted on the previous page, which shows the size of the object relative to the rover tracks, I estimated it to be no more than 12 inches (less than 30 cm) tall .

Whatever the exact size, it is certainly something that can be held in a person's hands, and looks like a rock.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
hello...guys

i was busy with my work....i own a business and i teach at univ

i also believe that its a rock formation.....but...we will never know 100% for sure..what is that...

what if is alien base...

i just want your thoughts about it

its still interesting pics from nasa,,,and all real..

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by torontoguy123
...i also believe that its a rock formation.....but...we will never know 100% for sure..what is that...

what if is alien base...

Then it's a base for tiny aliens.

The object (which looks like a rock) is at the most about 12 inches tall, and probably smaller than that.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Sorry
double post

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
could be ANYTHING. BUT LOOKS like a rock formation.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
While obviously not an "Alien Base", I see shapes in the object that do not occur in nature. Too many things on Mars that are the same way. Far as I am concerned it is pieces of some destroyed object of intelligent design.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join