It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Brainwashing Techniques They're Using On You Right Now

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+80 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
There is a very interesting article about brainwashing tactics from www.Cracked.com that I encourage members to read.

These tactics include:

• Chanting Slogans
  • Slipping B.S. Into Your Subconscious
  • Controlling What You Watch and Read
  • Keeping You In Line With Shame
  • Black and White Choices
  • "Us vs. Them"

Brainwashing doesn't take any sci-fi gadgetry or Manchurian Candidate hypnotism bull#. There are all sorts of tried-and-true techniques that anyone can use to bypass the thinking part of your brain and flip a switch deep inside that says "OBEY."

The information provided and the way it's presented is VERY enlightening, even if it's very basic.

If we can spot it maybe we can react properly so it has barely if any impact on us.

What I would like to add and ask ATS users is to possibly help with is more modern and advanced methods of brainwashing including but not excluded to: chemicals and sensory deprivation such as that used in the MK Ultra program. Any type of brainwashing that uses flashing lights to either induce a trance or directly encode a message using flashing (or pulsing) lights. Radio waves that could possibly alter perception (be it trance or other technique).

A simple link to other related ATS threads are really welcome regarding the ideas above or previously unpublished links on ATS that can inform others on this subject that are new and perhaps unique even in today's world of technology and knowledge.

On A personal note I'm very curious as to how pulsing lights can lead to a trance like state and perhaps even have encoded in the pulses (much like binary) programming that alters thinking.

Any and all information is welcome!

I hope the information from the source provided is both helpful and intriguing.

**On another note I would like to apologize to ATS member's who had posted in the original "Six Brainwashing Techniques They're Using On You Right Now" as it was plagiarism, I obviously wasn't thinking. However I would like thank DontTreadOnME for allowing me to create a new OP and possibly have the responses from the original thread copy/pasted here or copy/paste this OP into the original thread. Thanks DontTreadOnME.**

Peace & respect,

-AS-

ETA: Well I have some of the replies to my original thread however many are missing due to the fact that I can only see the last 50 in the Replies section in my Private Message Box. Thanks for trying though DontTreadOnMe. Much appreciated
    . Also, it's too bad there wasn't a more simple streamlined process.
    edit on 2-7-2011 by AeonStorm because: sp + structure + ETA

edit on Sat Jul 2 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Jul 2 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

• +5 more 
    posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:02 AM
    link   
    Awesome thread, OP.

If anyone has a problem identifying the disinfo agents who frequent ATS forums, they should read this thread. Our professional "debunkers" know exactly what they're doing and their techniques fit these to a "T."

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:05 AM
    link   
    reply to post by NightGypsy

I like to debunk threads but never knew about these things.

Thanks for the took kit

edit on 2-7-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:09 AM
    link   
    Great post actually, even if you did cut /copy some of it.

Yes these are some of the most successful techniques employed every day to dissuade us from our natural inclinations.

There are many other types of thought-terminating cliches used all the time as well. In every religion, government, media, corporation, whatever, "They" all use this. Basically they either don't have an answer, or they do and want to cover it up and make you stop asking questions. Either way.

Also, take care to notice when these are used online in forums or whatever. It's all over the place literally.

Plus take into account these techniques are used so often and are so widespread, that most of the population emulates and replicates using these techniques without even knowing they are playing unfair in the first place. Their own mind has been shut down, and are not capable of the types of introspection necessary to realize they are spreading complete bull.

These techniques are so effective, that I am forced to use them on people in real life who are totally convinced the media are angels and the government is always working in our favor. And they are such powerful techniques that I admit it's hard to stop using them because it works so good at causing people to switch what they are saying.

I usually tend to prefer using analogies or metaphors to explain things, but these do not work on the average person so well. So I do admit to replicating the same methodology as "They" use.

I am totally against spreading lies though, and that's why I adapted in this manner. I will try to de-program people from their societal brainwashing. I am tired of the media and corporations and governments and religions lying all of the time, and I have come up with some excellent tactics to derail their efforts.

Let's turn the tables around here and use their own strategy against them.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:15 AM
    link   
    All tools are neutral.

The wielder of the tool is the one who determines if it will be used for good or evil.

Think of all of the good folks in history who were wiped out because they did not want to use the same "tools" as their destroyers used for whatever moral reasons.

The good guys would have won for once.

I say we use this weapon against "Them". It's a two-way street friends, it goes both ways.

Don't let them run all over us and make this a one-way street.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:17 AM
    link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
    Great post actually, even if you did cut /copy some of it.

Yes these are some of the most successful techniques employed every day to dissuade us from our natural inclinations.

There are many other types of thought-terminating cliches used all the time as well. In every religion, government, media, corporation, whatever, "They" all use this. Basically they either don't have an answer, or they do and want to cover it up and make you stop asking questions. Either way.

Also, take care to notice when these are used online in forums or whatever. It's all over the place literally.

Plus take into account these techniques are used so often and are so widespread, that most of the population emulates and replicates using these techniques without even knowing they are playing unfair in the first place. Their own mind has been shut down, and are not capable of the types of introspection necessary to realize they are spreading complete bull.

These techniques are so effective, that I am forced to use them on people in real life who are totally convinced the media are angels and the government is always working in our favor. And they are such powerful techniques that I admit it's hard to stop using them because it works so good at causing people to switch what they are saying.

I usually tend to prefer using analogies or metaphors to explain things, but these do not work on the average person so well. So I do admit to replicating the same methodology as "They" use.

I am totally against spreading lies though, and that's why I adapted in this manner. I will try to de-program people from their societal brainwashing. I am tired of the media and corporations and governments and religions lying all of the time, and I have come up with some excellent tactics to derail their efforts.

Let's turn the tables around here and use their own strategy against them.

Thank you for you post muzzleflash. Could you enlighten us as to these excellent tactics you have come up with to derail Their efforts? ... I will understand if you do not wish to divulge your information because when its "out there" it's "out there"! ... P2P me? .... any how thanks for the post

Peace,

-AS-

ETA: Perhaps I need to read The Art of War by Sun Tzu?
    edit on 2-7-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:21 AM
    link   
    reply to post by muzzleflash

Muzzleflash, you are killing me with this paragraph....

I love such honesty......LOL. "I admit it's hard to stop using them because it works so good" LMAO!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:27 AM
    link   
    reply to post by kro32

I like to debunk threads but never knew about these things. Thanks for the took kit

If the information you're using to "debunk threads" is factual and relevant, I wouldn't think you would have to deploy such tactics. The information should stand on it's own.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:28 AM
    link   
    Thanks for the great information OP. Most of us are familiar with one or a few of these common techniques, but its very helpful to see them together. I hope that everyone on ATS will take the time to read this, as it can be useful to help identify those individuals who utilise these tactics even here on our own boards. The most effective thing that anyone can do is research comments and ideas presented, and if you find inactivate facts being presented, please make sure to post a thread to counter it. This is the simplest way to get other readers to realise that they may be accepting a statement as a gospel fact when it is simply one of the above techniques being used.
    Great post, thank you.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:40 AM
    link   
    This is scary indeed.
    But what is scarier is the people who will read this and still are able to be manipulated just as easy as they ever were.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:55 AM
    link   
    reply to post by AeonStorm

GREAT contribution to ATS!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:14 AM
    link   
    One of the most modern techniques I find is through these talent shows - XFactor, Britain's got talent, America's next top model etc etc. What is this instilling in mind's is the importance of fame and fortune and the ridiculing of those who don't have talent. Xfactor is a great example of mind control through repetitive slogans. All contestants say almost exactly the same things. "It would mean the world to me to win." "It's all I've ever dreamed of".

I guess you could go back years with this kind of TV, as game shows were very similar in the fact that it's always about the ultimate prize, a chance to grab some fame and fortune. No chance they'd ever have a show on prime time TV dedicated to free thinking and individualism.

The us vs them technique works very well in sports psychology. As a coach if you have your players believe that the press, opposition fans or whoever are against you it builds a siege mentality and togetherness with the players, ultimately making them stronger.

edit on 2-7-2011 by Ginga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:20 AM
    link   
    great thread and the connection to advertising products is chilling. I am in business and always found myself skeeved out by how much these tactics are implemented and even taught without taking into account the grave effects it has on the collective consciousness.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:45 AM
    link   
    Can anyone explain to me why my post does not appear in the new topic fire hose? It...disappeared... Is there a mod I can talk to? ... It's not that old :S

ETA:

I Should be between the post:

"music for surfing ATS" posted 1-7-2011@10:25PM

and the post:

"This Is A New Age Of Enlightenment" posted 1-7-2011 @ 10:31PM

My post was generated at 1-7-2011 @ 10:27 PM

Yet I cannot find it. I'm currently trying to get a hold of a Mod to help me out but that can take awhile :S Does this happen often? My post can however be found in the forum to which I posted to "Social Issues and Civil Unrest" ... Can someone please enlighten me?

Respect,

-AS-
    edit on 2-7-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:01 AM
    link   
    Great thread. I did not realize it was copypasta and about halfway through thought to myself "I wonder if this guy is a writer for Cracked." Then I got to the bottom... Anyway, great find and thanks.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:18 AM
    link   
    Well I guess I didn't articulate any good examples of what I meant. It's nothing special or anything though, just mundane normal stuff.

In real life you can get a feel for people, since you usually know what job they do other basic things. Walking down the street this means nothing because we don't stop and talk to people on the street 95% of the time. Point is there are probably people you know in real life that you try to tell them about ATS type subjects or news.

And they will REJECT it hardcore. Knee-jerk style.

We have seen all of these reactions before on ATS in the very threads and topics that are rejected in real life.

Depending on who the person is, their disposition and their tendencies, you have to treat each differently.

Example:

When I talk to my grandmother, and want her to be informed about certain aspects of our corrupt world and how I am against it and think it sucks, I will speak in the context of the Bible.

Now I am not religious, but I am very keen about what their book says.

This is a very strong advantage with this particular type of person, I can actually get her to admit that the government is bad. Now that may seem like nothing big, but she is one of those people that voted for G W Bush, twice ok. Twice.

I think I may have actually turned her against "Them" totally. I used Biblical references to establish a bridge between what she agrees with and what she may not want to admit.

It is using one of the tactics listed above in a particular format, the "Us vs Them" paradigm. "Either you're with us or you're against us."

I lay it out like this, either she agrees with Jesus, or she agrees with evil humans. This makes my job extremely easy, because she obviously chooses Jesus.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:13 AM
    link   
    I've only read half of the first post and it is absolutely awesome.

A lot of what was explained I knew but I never could have explained it so clearly.

Will definately be back to follow this thread!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:39 AM
    link   
    I don't think the people are "disinfo agents", but many people use these tactics on ATS. Think of the anti-theists you meet here, even assuming if you are religious you are unintellegent and ignorant of science. Yet at the same time they even know less science than I do; you can tell most of the "science" they know is based on pop-sci crap without any mathematical rigor.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:18 AM
    link   
    all of these techniques are very simple psychology.. at the same time very powerful tools in influencing people. they have all been used for years in advertising and especially politics, religion and by con artists.

the most powerful and widely used is number 1.. when you separate people into various groups, they become fiercely patriotic.. a good example of this is sports events, it doesnt matter what colour, creed, size or shape you are, the people cheering for your team are your "brothers" whilst the others are your "enemies"
    this is a similar thing that happens with the major religions, when you hear things like "we fight for our brothers" you might hate the man standing next to you, but because he is part of your group, you will fight for and with him.

this is purely down to evolution, when we were in small tribes.. we had to stick together to survive, these instincts have never left us..

just to add.. for all of my ATS brothers and sisters that are interested in this subject, a good book which explains the psychology behind these techniques in laymens terms plus many more lesser known techniques, is called flinosis (the art of influencing people) i cant remember the name of the author.

edit on 2/7/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:46 AM
    link   
    A magnesium deficiency. It isn't brain-washing, but it allows some of the brain-washing tecniques to be implemented easier...If you've got no energy you won't put up a fight...
    www.krispin.com...

Magnesium isn't added to the soil for agriculture, and the soils are deficient of it, and therefore, so is our diet. Adding epsom salt to crop soil can increase the yield.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join