It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nike drops adulterer, but endorses dog killer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

He could die.

That would be good.

Otherwise, he is another P.O.S. who is "somebody" because he can play a damned game. He won't discover the cure for cancer, and he won't help world peace, or anything else worthwhile.

A rotten sadistic bastard with rotten sadistic bastard friends who made dogs fight to death and slow-hanged any losers who didn't outright die. This piece of S. is only good for a damned game.

Hopefully he will get killed in a drug buy gone bad.

Nike can go to hell.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
The guy did his time for the crimes so let it be. What more is he supposed to do?

Screwing around on your wife isn't even a crime, so why drop Woods in the first place using your logic?

So what, he did his time? He is a convicted criminal, while all Woods did was play the field.

Unless, of course, we lived in a different country, or a different time peroid, where you know, they stoned adulterers.

We can go down this moral highground debate forever.

The point is, once you've paid for you crimes, you shouldn't have to continue to pay for them.
If your issue with dog fighting is that strong, perhaps you should petition your senators to make it a crime punishable by death, that should teach them!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
A dog killer?

Personally I hate dogs...and their owners.

But i also hate companies like nike.

So who cares!!????????????????????

edit on 1-7-2011 by TheButcher23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
many say they hate Vick because he is a dog killer

yet have no problem buying Made in China.

Dog Eater

Feel free to google more images.

As for Nike, I really could care who they pick. I'm not getting any of that money.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It's just a stupid dog, not like he has hurt a human being. Eating beef, wearing leather, horse racing and dog fighting, all the same thing.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Nike dropped Vick when he was going through all of the stuff. They picked him back up AFTER he did his time, and AFTER he has made an effort to make amends.

Funny that you forgot to mention that they originally DROPPED him from endorsement....

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
As much as I hate him, John Cena's only a d-bag in private and seems to be a role model for millions of kids who don't know any better. Why not sign him up or is he too busy endorsing Gillette?

2nd
edit on 1/7/2011 by curious7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Michael Vick didnt serve any time for dog fighting. He served 23 months because he was convicted of federal rackateering. So no, he hasnt served his time because he has yet to serve one day for animal cruelty.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

I'm not getting into a discussion on Vick.
The point of my thread was to think of other athletes who could endorse Nike. There must be someone out there who is good.
What about Hines Ward?

Nike has a business model of signing quantity as well as quality to their label. There's a great book about how globalization really took off with the founding of Nike and the signing of Michael Jordan. Anyways this is where they developed the idea of signing many many high profile people sometimes even entire teams to their label and it has paid off ten-fold for them.

Signing Vick was just a matter of a popular athlete on a roll at the moment. They are marketing and he is popular. For all I know they may pick up hinze ward also.

The point is that Michael Vick isn't the only person they have endorsing. If they only had a few like some other brands than they would need to be more selective but they take a broader approach in their advertising. He is just a small piece of that plan.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

I'm not getting into a discussion on Vick.
The point of my thread was to think of other athletes who could endorse Nike. There must be someone out there who is good.
What about Hines Ward?

Well Hines Ward just got arrested for drunk driving...See what i'm saying? Athletes are people too and make mistakes!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join