It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fate of False Teachers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I believe that there is an angel watching me and writing down everything I do.
After I die, some time in the future, my soul will be reanimated enough to where those deeds can be read, and I will hear it, and I will be required to answer to those things which I have done. I consider this a blessing and not a curse. A gift from God Through my Lord, Jesus Christ, that I do not just remain silent, in the grave, forever.
Because I believe in a judgement, which the New Testament says everyone will have to go to, I think about all my actions, and ask myself if I would want to have to answer to God why I did that.
Now, saying that, those deeds have to do with me and my future.
There is a line you cross when the consequences escalate dramatically, and that is when you assume the role of a teacher and purport to be speaking on behalf of God and Jesus. You are not now just doing things which determine your own fate, but the fate of all who have the fortune, good or bad, of listening to you.
Let me go ahead and give a quote which I think is pertinent to the subject.

“But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a huge millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the open sea. Woe to the world because of stumbling blocks! It is necessary that stumbling blocks come, but woe to the person through whom they come. If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into fiery hell.
I take this admonition seriously and apply it to myself because I do things like post comments on the forum and give my views on religion. I do not want to cause anyone to sin so I like to dwell on the topic of how to be a good person. I believe that no unconverted soul will enter Heaven. What this means is a change in your nature to where you not only do good things but for a good reason and you are motivated from a change of heart that pushes you further towards being the best person you can be.
Now there are technical issues and they were real important back in the day, like when the Apostles went out to preach the Gospel. They ran into people who thought they already had a pretty good religion, and that religion had a whole lot of laws. The Apostles had to explain to them that what they believed was not quite good enough on its own. There was no finality to it and no assurance and no escape from this world and the only thing it guarantees, which is death.
Now, today, when a lot of those matters should just be an historical record, certain men have resurrected those arguments in order to formulate a new theology which does away with any requirement of man towards God, other than to give a mental assent to a concept of redemption. To me, this is the most dangerous philosophy imaginable and it makes me think of that millstone. The way I think of it is, whatever sins people who take in this no-judgment philosophy commit, that they may not have done otherwise, the responsibility lies at the feet of those false teachers. And those souls that are lost in the same way, that will have to be payed for in the most awful way, which the New Testament describes as the lake of fire, in which the false prophet will be cast into, the smoke of which will go up from, forever.
edit on 1-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
This reminds me of the fate of the likes of Harold Camping who just recently suffered a stroke...

I actually feel quite remorseful for those who feed people lies to further either their own ego or agenda, and or, to deceive the people into believing what cannot be anything other than a subjective interpretation of their version of the truth.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kamesan
This reminds me of the fate of the likes of Harold Camping who just recently suffered a stroke...

I actually feel quite remorseful for those who feed people lies to further either their own ego or agenda, and or, to deceive the people into believing what cannot be anything other than a subjective interpretation of their version of the truth.
That does make one wonder.
Things do happen.
I was telling this story to someone a few days ago, about when I was going to school, 25 years ago, to get a certificate in technical training, hoping to improve my long-term career potential. It was very hard for me to go full-time and still manage to get by financially. Just when things seemed to be turned around and I got a good job to do at night, I had an accident and broke my leg. I had three different people close who were in positions where they could have helped me but instead, used it as an opportunity to make things even more difficult for me and and added insult to injury by saying it was my fault. Within six months, all three had broken legs.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Since I started this story in my last post, I should give the prequel.
There was this woman in my town named McClintock, I don't think that was here actual name but being as how it was so long ago, that's the best I can do, and it's really John Wain's character's name in a movie, and what I always associated her by. My room mate was ordered to go to AA and he came home with her one day. I said I knew who she was because I had been reading about her in the newspapers. She had been basically "grounded" by the Judge, instead of sitting in jail awaiting trial, even though she was not a minor, at 19 years old. She had been a stalker of this man, older than her, who she then was calling her "ex-boyfriend". We talked about her situation a bit and she made a comment that disturbed me which was, "My parents are rich, so . . ". Uugg!! So that's it? She has rich parents so she gets off easy? She had sat on this guy's porch waiting for him to come home. When he got there, she demanded him to drive her somewhere. He got into doing some sort of criticism of her, while he was driving along the road with her as the passenger sitting next to him. She decided she did not like what he was saying so she reached into her purse and pulled out a gun and shot him in the head.
So, I am telling this as an example of an attitude one can take when they feel they have immunity. Well there are plenty of other examples where the privileged are running amok, so you don't really need this one but it was in my face and I freaked out to where I wanted to get far away from her as fast as I could, and ended up breaking my leg, of course with the help of the motorcycle I was riding.
Hopefully people can read this and see how it ties in with the theme of the OP.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hi again!

I enjoyed that other discussion and your part in it resulting in "friend" so I can keep up with other clever and interesting thoughts.

As to this thread-- I am reminded of John Chrysostom writing about why he wanted to avoid being made a priest-- he very much worried that if he made any error in what he taught that would lead another into error-- he would be responsible and pay the price.

Of course, there is a balance necessary. We cannot choose the safest path (often to do nothing) to avoid making a mistake because we fear judgment, nor can we simply thrash about saying whatever comes to mind and presume impunity because we are promised forgiveness.

We have work to do, and doing that work assumes we take responsibility for what we do. In that last thread in which we both participated, we each noticed the irresponsible shallowness behind bold statements which some posted. In particular, you noted for us the book recommended by one such irresponsible and unreasonable contributor-- that book teaching that there is no place for reason in matters of faith. Oh my!

Moreover, it is quite troubling to witness the tendency of the faithful but simple-minded to presume that all which happens is God's will. Leaving no place for choice, for reason, or --worst of all-- for compassion.

I love the TV show "House." Many episodes include the atheistic main character dismissing the faithful as idiots-- blind to the reality of the suffering all around them. The character well represents common assumptions -- in particular the presumption that if anything happens it is either God's doing or utterly random. Many Christians as well as all atheists rarely give due consideration to even the possibility that evil has its own influences.

The argument: "If there is a benevolent God, how can evil things happen?" is usually intended by the asker as rhetorical-- but only because the poser never once accepts that there is evil.

So it is, just as you are about to succeed in something intended as benevolent, a man gets shot in the head, and you break your leg, With my eyes wide open-- that smacks of a very real evil in our midst. The insult to injury is the faithful but ignorant who will proclaim-- "God didn't want you to succeed!" or "You must have sinned against God, and He is teaching you a lesson!" And that teaching leads so many to despair-- the faithful persecuting the innocent by their presumption to proclaim what they do not understand-- secure (they think) that they do so with God's blessing.

And as you said, some were in a position to help-- but chose to insult instead. Insulting and judging is much easier than helping.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Frira because: minor edit-- wrong word in wrong place

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

I am not sure if i explained the story clearly enough. I was jumping back and forth according to my ideas of how to built it into a form with the most dramatic part in the right place.
The man had been killed some time before the story gets to where I am in it. That was why she was in the news. She should have been up for at least murder, but somehow ended up with a lesser charge which made a lot of people upset. Here was this person who I decided was a very bad person, and then, all of a sudden, she was in my house having a conversation with me. That only reinforced my earlier assessment and actually heightened whatever feelings I had had about her. She was completely unremorseful, as if there was nothing at all wrong with what she did, and that she was free to act on any impulse with impunity. The point I was trying to make was that impunity is not a good thing for prompting someone to be a good person.
Not very much later I had my friend killed in a very similar way by his ex-wife. Dealing with these thoughts may have been a sort of preparation for that experience, when I was hanging out at his work to meet up with him to go to his house and eventually giving up and going home to see him on the local news.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

Of course, there is a balance necessary. We cannot choose the safest path (often to do nothing) to avoid making a mistake because we fear judgment, nor can we simply thrash about saying whatever comes to mind and presume impunity because we are promised forgiveness.
I think this is where I can insert another quote from Jesus that I was thinking about using, earlier.

Watch yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him. If he repents, forgive him. Even if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times returns to you saying, ‘I repent,’ you must forgive him.”

It is an alternative second part of the same basic lecture that I quoted in the O.P. I think this shows one type of a balance, where we have an obligation to point out to our brother his errors, for his own good, but if they choose to turn away from what they had done wrong, we are to accept him (or her) again as our brother (or sister).
If one was unconcerned about any possible eternal repercussions to our brother for his actions, then I would imagine that there would be no compelling reason to give that rebuke.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

May Peace be unto you my friend.
It is extremely important what we say and how we make others feel when we take up the role of a teacher. We must speak with love, truth, compassion, understanding, and patience. We must not stir others towards anger, hate, confusion, or lies. We must give information in a capacity so that is it easily understood by the student. We must present our understandings in a way that allows others to make up their own mind.

Thank you for addressing the automated redemption concept. It is my opinion that faith alone does not lead one home. It is a combined effort of right heart, right intention, and right action. Faith alone doesn't make one a better person. Right actions with wrong heart makes one a hypocrite. You can have good intentions, but incorrect action will null and void even the best of intentions.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Thanks for your helpful comment.
The English speaking American Colonists would generally have owned two books. One was the King James Bible, and the other was Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress which explained the concepts of salvation that the reader of the first book needed to understand.
We have the new American state religion that keeps the first book but gives their members no clue to the necessity of having the second book, and instead teaches what may be something close to the opposite of what Bunyan taught. Pilgrim's Progress points out the constant dangers that want to distract us from our path, to pull us to the left or to the right, away from the straight and narrow, to make us loose our way and never make it to God's city. The false teachers do not want their flock reading a book where they themselves would be clearly portrayed.

Click on the link below and a window will open for a video and Listen to Brother Kevin Williams explain false teachers.

player.vimeo.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
There is also a fate reserved for teachers who don't teach. This fate leads to a place of outer darkness and it's reserved for servants who fail to do what was expected of them.

If I present a teaching and you don't agree with my teaching, then you could say "She is a false teacher." But if I have a teaching to present, and I fail to do so I'm the one going to punished. So what happens if I give the teaching, that in the long run is a true teaching, but you call me a false teacher iin front of people, what will your punishment be for falsely accusing me and for leading others away from something that is true?

We walk a fine line here.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

. . .place of outer darkness and it's reserved for servants who fail. . .
People have a responsability to take what they know and to apply it in their own life and I think that is what that parable of Jesus was about. Jesus said not to keep our light under a bushel, but that can apply generally. I don't see an admonition for everyone to go out and become preachers and there is no threat of punishment to those who do not want to preach, at least in the New Testament. There is the case of Jonah, in the Old Testament but he was more like a prophet, ordained and tasked by God. If God told you personally and commanded you to go out and preach, that may be something that would be not safe to ignore.

So what happens if I give the teaching, that in the long run is a true teaching, but you call me a false teacher in front of people, what will your punishment be for falsely accusing me and for leading others away from something that is true?
I am not sure if you mean me, personally, or a hypothetical. I am not in the habit of calling people false teachers, like by name, or to their face. There is a group that I consider the false prophet, which is an offshoot of the larger antichrist/beast complex. They have a teaching that I consider the work of Satan. People do buy into it for one reason or another. If they feel compelled to go out and denounce those who have not bought in, they open themselves for being pointed out as false teachers. It has to do with the fact that they are promoting teachings that are false. Now that falseness is not just my personal opinion, it is evidenced by it opposing Christianity as it has existed up to recent times. We live in a world right now where we are witness to the resurgence of a world empire the likes of ancient Rome and Babylon. That just does not happen in a vacuum, and is allowed by a nation who has accepted an ungodly religion. We need to point out what that false religion is that makes the US believe they are being good while murdering millions of innocent people in the name of corporate greed.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
In a sense what I'm trying to say is that there are some who have been given more by God and from them much more is expected. As to why this occurs to some christians and not others is beyond my understanding. In trying to understand such things, I rely on the word itself. For instance, John the Baptist said that a person can only receive what is given them from heaven. More precisely, I'm thinking of the parable of the talents. One servant took what was given them and hid it. This was not what was expected and the servant was bound and put in outer darkness, where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.

God said in Joel that in the last days he will pour out his spirit on all flesh and we will all have dreams and visions.... even us girls. This has definately been happening to me since I was young and from what I gather we are supposed to share with one another these things and I just find it difficult to do so. It's one thing to share with family and close friends but another thing to hop online and share on a grand scale. A few months back, God gave me a dream and he put me at the entrance to this place. If you tried to climb up, there was a wind that beat down on you, that forced you to run from it and the only place to go was further down into this abyss of darkness. It's an awful place. The closest I can come to describing it in scripture is Jeremiah 30:23 - where he talks of wind swirling down on heads of the wicked. In the talent parable - the servant who does nothing with what he has been given is also called wicked.

I don't feel I'm wicked, but according to Jesus, the servant needs to do something with what he/she has been given. Or there is a fate for that decision.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I am making hints in this thread that will direct one to my particular target but without spelling it out exactly, so as to not be doing what you described in your earlier post. I am concerned about a particular school of thought which I have pointed out in other threads where I take issue with it and call it not Christian or of Satan, or the antichrist and the false prophet.
I don't have anything against you or other people just expressing their views. I do have a problem with people pushing a particular sect of religion onto people and a sect which in my opinion has demonstratable faults and the consequences of this falsity is poisoning the very core of our once righteous country.
If you have a personal revelation from God, that is very far away from whatever I am objecting to. If God tells you to speak of your revelation through the spirit, I say Speak on. Those who are mimicking some person on a pulpit and parroting his words and promoting a denomination and using this forum as their vehicle, then I am against it.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I must have missed your other threads, I'm not sure which one you are referring to. I was raised in a baptist church but I really don't go that often. I prefer to worship in spirit and truth. Jesus said that is the kind of people God seeks. I love my relationship with God, through Christ.

Thank you for your encouraging words.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Seeing how you have not seen my earlier denouncements, you should feel safe enough, as far as what I am concerned with in this thread. If I had meant you, you probably would already know it, before I started this thread. I really don't have a problem with most people on this forum and it is this sort of partisanship which bothers me and to me it seems like a cohort of fellow believers in their party that they are going to join up with to seem like a majority against a single individual who will dare stand up against them. Anyway, it is a tactic that you see deployed over and over in the world, where descent is squashed by a few people who keep the majority cowed.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I believe you are right, there is an angel watch you and us all, but that angel is not waiting for you to die or keepting track of what you do for After your death. That angel is waiting for you to Repent now while you are living; so that you are ready for the 2nd Death. For some of US it wont hurt one bit but for some like yourself it will come as a snare upon you and the whole world cause it will be like a Bee sting that really hurts. We all have a part in the lake of fire; or what's known as this Game of Life.
Luke 11:29 This is an evil generation; they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet...31 The queen of the South shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation and condemn them; for SHE came from the utmost part of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon, ande behold a greater than Solmon is here." i.e., Mrs. Jesus Christ a/k/a Satan in the Flesh.

Jesus himself said unto men like you in 11:39 "Now do ye Pharisees make clean the outside of the cup and the platter; but your inward part is full of ravening and wickedness. Ye fools, did not he that made that which is without make that which is within also......48 Truly ye bear witness that ye allow the deeds of your father; for they indeed killed them, and ye build their sepulcheres; therefore also said the wisdom of God. I will send them prophets and appostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute; That the blood of all the propeht which was send from the foundation of the world may be required of this generation. From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacherius" or from A-Z in an Alpha Bet that GOD made betwain Her two kids; Jesus Christ and Satan..

The bible quote you listed that incites your heart to make you think you do GOD's good service, when you Don't but it mentions certain parts of the Body of Christ common among all of GOD's people such as a Foot, Hand, Eye, Ear of which we all commonly have Two part. Such as the Left Hand and a Right Hand parts of a a GOD who told US over and over again; Male and Female Made He Them;

So its not my fault Man forgot all about that bone of His bone and Flesh of His flesh that was Inside of Jesus Christ; just like the one inside of the 1st Adam. Math. 19:4 Have ye not read that he which made them at the beginning made the MALE AND FEMALE and said FOR THIS CAUSE SHALL A MAN LEAVE FATHER AND MOTHER AND SHALL CLEAVE TO HIS WIFE, and they twain shall be one flesh?

So what Ive said above will sound like a Voice of Noise to many of you folks; but this Voice of Noise was sent to you by Almighty GOD wearing the mark of the Beast

Isa 66:6-9. A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that rendeeth recompence to His enemies. Before she travailed, She broght forth; before Her pain came she was delivered of a man child. Who hath heard such a thing? Who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth Her children. Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth; saith the LORD shall I cause to bring forth, and Shut the womb saith thy God.

So in Honor of Independence Day, I say; "Muzzel not the Ox that treads out his corn cause Satan is now Risen and Reborn as the Daughter of God, Sister Spirit and Espoused Wife of Jesus Christ. Although it may be easier to discount, discredit and disbelieve this truth, it is WRITTEN and Everyword shall befulfilled.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 1MrsJesusChrist

The bible quote you listed that incites your heart to make you think you do GOD's good service, when you Don't but it. . .
Do you know me? You know, I don't have some sort of secret.
You can go on BlogTalk. com and download at least a hundered hours of me doing two hour radio shows and I spell out every bit of my life. If you want to go through that and dig up bad crap about me to spread on this forum, be my guest.

edit on 4-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I dont know you, nor would I want to spend any time listening to you. Whereas I am here because I know the secrets of the bible hidden since the beginning of Time concerning not Your life; but that of Jesus Christ. So if you are not a false prophet than you can Tweet me if you want as MrsJesusChrist.

Originally posted by jmdewey60

The bible quote you listed that incites your heart to make you think you do GOD's good service, when you Don't but it. . .
Do you know me? You know, I don't have some sort of secret.
You can go on BlogTalk. com and download at least a hundered hours of me doing two hour radio shows and I spell out every bit of my life. If you want to go through that and dig up bad crap about me to spread on this forum, be my guest.

edit on 4-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I have not gotten into the tweet thing.
I did find a blog page profile with the exact same info as the MrsJesusChrist profile on ATS, so you could have just copied it, word for word and stolen her identity. Call me on Skype. jmdewey60 is my contact. You seem to have the time, considering the posting you do here. The call is free unless Microsoft is changing their policy.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I could have copied a lot of things, but I didnt. All I have to say is my own version of the KJV, given to me by GOD and Her son Jesus Christ. I'm am known mostly by the name BurntOffering after (Heb. 10:7-10) cause I am 1/3 of the Trinity Family, God's other kid, escape goat and Black sheep in the family; so I guess you get my point. But you can check sodahead.com or even newsvine.com and I also have a group on yahoo called The Bride of Christ. But no matter where you find me; you will see where I've clearly said; that I Am Satan in the flesh of a regular Black Christian woman. Or in other words the Daughter of God, Sister Spirit and Espoused Wife of Jesus Christ. So as Satan; you should know I know Time is Short; therefore I dont have the time to track down people like you who only want to get people like me banned; and to stiffle the Truth.

reply to post by jmdewey60

top topics

<<   2 >>

join